July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Fashionista Liner Shadow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I typically love browns for liner and almost always use BE or I use Paula's Choice matte shadows in smoky browns, however whenever I use Fashionista I look more tired. I think there is a teeny bit of an orangish cast to this brown--at least on me. Maybe it interacts with my chemistry or some seller I bought it from off amazon's "everything else" catagory it got tampered with, I'm not certain. I just look more tired and if I buff it out, I look a little ill. I prefer a darker brown to this, but a smokey tone, too. I instead like BE's Bark. One good thing for those who don't want shimmer, this doesn't have any. (I don't use liners with shimmer, I have faint creases now.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I use this eyeliner with LA Femme cake eyeliner sealer (around $4 at makeupmania.com).. I love this color I wanted a dark color but not black and this is really nice. A dark brown which goes great with my Hazel eyes. Again, throw out the brush (I just can't stomach the BE brushes, just plain trash). I use a Mac #266 eyeliner brush and the line gets really close to my lashline. Looks great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fashionista, which is a basic, brown, liner shadow, is a basic everyone should have in their eyeliner collection. Mixed with a bit of water (or Visine, which is the mixing medium I use for liner shadows), and applied with a thin liner brush, Fashionista gives you the look of a liquid brown liner, but without the difficulty of applying. It will literally stay on all day, without flaking, fading or smudging. I use Fashionist constantly for a retro, yet modern "60's". A light dusting of pale, metallic, sheer gold or pale pink as an all-over color, then Fashionista on the top eye line only, gradually extending into a small "cat eye". Then 2-3 coats of black mascara. Using brown is much softer, more flattering and more wearable than black eyeliner for this look. It can easily be worn day, or night. Also, using a shadow liner, mixed with a liquid medium, makes controlling the consistency of the liner entirely up to you. For a softer, more natural look, keep the liner shadow more dry, and use it more as a tradional eyeliner. It will still last all day.