August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Fashionista Liner Shadow

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by dramagirl180

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product a lot on my upper lash-line to make my lashes appear more full. I love it for that. There are days when that is the only makeup I will wear, and it still looks like I put some effort into my makeup. I find that this product does smudge through the day and when I get home from school, I will have none left. It also somehow finds its way down to my waterline...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by nikkitries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

very very messy, but does a good job for a soft brown look. my favorite brown liner, but i also don't have many others :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hopefully they don't discontinue this. I use it more as a liner but it can be used for a smokey eye look. This liner spreads thinly or thickly depending on the quality of your brush. It does not smear. It doesn't melt and collect at that little pocket at those outer corners of my eyes. It looks natural when applied dry and with a brush whose bristles are splayed out a little but when used with an angled eyeliner or eyebrow brush for more detailing, it can be used to do a cat eye as well. i just love this stuff!
I even use this to set my gel liner and it makes my gel liner last longer and not smear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I typically love browns for liner and almost always use BE or I use Paula's Choice matte shadows in smoky browns, however whenever I use Fashionista I look more tired. I think there is a teeny bit of an orangish cast to this brown--at least on me. Maybe it interacts with my chemistry or some seller I bought it from off amazon's "everything else" catagory it got tampered with, I'm not certain. I just look more tired and if I buff it out, I look a little ill. I prefer a darker brown to this, but a smokey tone, too. I instead like BE's Bark. One good thing for those who don't want shimmer, this doesn't have any. (I don't use liners with shimmer, I have faint creases now.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this one. It is a rich chocolate brown that looks awesome with my blue eyes. This has become a staple for me. I just pick up a tiny amount with an angled brush and sweep it along the lash line, and it creates a very soft, smoky look that is absolutely gorgeous. It pairs nicely with many other shadows I have as well. A little goes a long way, so it will take me a long time to use it up, but I will buy it again if I ever run out....and if they haven't discontinued it by then.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by aquagrl134

I Love this eyeliner because you can use it two ways : dry or wet. It is messy but it works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

This is a great alternative to a basic black liner. It's dark brown, with maybe a hint of purple or eggplant. I've used this with a number of different eye colors. This is my everyday color and also works great in my crease or for a smokey look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Anneke444

Love this color because it is so natural...it's just a plain brown color, but it is perfect to use every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I use this eyeliner with LA Femme cake eyeliner sealer (around $4 at makeupmania.com).. I love this color I wanted a dark color but not black and this is really nice. A dark brown which goes great with my Hazel eyes. Again, throw out the brush (I just can't stomach the BE brushes, just plain trash). I use a Mac #266 eyeliner brush and the line gets really close to my lashline. Looks great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fashionista, which is a basic, brown, liner shadow, is a basic everyone should have in their eyeliner collection. Mixed with a bit of water (or Visine, which is the mixing medium I use for liner shadows), and applied with a thin liner brush, Fashionista gives you the look of a liquid brown liner, but without the difficulty of applying. It will literally stay on all day, without flaking, fading or smudging. I use Fashionist constantly for a retro, yet modern "60's". A light dusting of pale, metallic, sheer gold or pale pink as an all-over color, then Fashionista on the top eye line only, gradually extending into a small "cat eye". Then 2-3 coats of black mascara. Using brown is much softer, more flattering and more wearable than black eyeliner for this look. It can easily be worn day, or night. Also, using a shadow liner, mixed with a liquid medium, makes controlling the consistency of the liner entirely up to you. For a softer, more natural look, keep the liner shadow more dry, and use it more as a tradional eyeliner. It will still last all day.