November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Rosy Outlook

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my HG eyeshadow for years, so I am so sad it has been discontinued! It is the perfect neutral for my green eyes. The color is hard to describe- a shimmery champagne, with taupe and rosy undertones. It was just so perfect and subtly pretty. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This color was being discontinued, so my local grocery store had marked it down to $1. I got a few other colors but this is the one that I have used most. It is a shimmery pale pink/nude which looks very pretty worn alone or as a highlighter. The pink is hardly visible and instead looks very natural when applied. I wore it once, then thought that it was one of those colors that I would forget I had (like the many eyeshadows I already own). But every day I have come back to this color, much to my surprise. The lasting power is average for a CG eyeshadow but for $1 I wasn’t expecting much. Even though it is very pretty, I have other eyeshadows that look similar so I wouldn’t be buying it again. Also, because it is a discontinued shade it doesn’t look like I would be repurchasing anyway. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I never, ever in a zillion years thought that I would be blown away by a CG e/s, but it has happened. Rosy Outlook is perfection! It's a champagne color with just enough pink in it to keep it from being too pale and too gold. Basically what it is is a MLBB (my lids but better) color. It's flesh toned, with enough shimmer and brightness to really emphasize the eyes without being over the top. It's a color that could be paired with darn near anything (except maybe the very coolest colors), but looks equally (if not more) gorgeous as a simple wash of color on the lids. Add a bit of liner and mascara, and you're polished and gorgeous, while being understated. I have looked high and low for a color like this, from MAC to minerals. Who would have thought I'd find it from quiet, unassuming little CG? Good, soft texture and good wear with normal priming. I would give this 10 stars if I could. YOU NEED THIS SHADOW!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by euphoria83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute favourite eye shadow, I use it all the time. I agree with the others, the name makes no sense. When I bought my first one I figured they had made a labelling mistake. This is such a natural colour, great for people who don't like to wear a lot of makeup. Even when I don't wear any other makeup, I still give a quick swipe of this, the light shimmeriness brightens my eyes, even after only a few hours sleep! Because it's neutral, I combine it with so many other colours of eyeshadow. Purples, pinks, blues all look good with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color looked like a light, shimmery, peach on me. A little bit warm but not too much. It's very pretty and flattering. Not much staying power however. I will most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by keahi

This is a great drugstore find! Rosy Outlook appears to be a new shade by Cover Girl and it is nice quality. I find that their good shadows are the frost formula--these seem to have more pigment than the others. Rosy Outlook isn't exactly 'rosy' as the other reviewers have pointed out, but it is the perfect light, shimmery champagne shade! I use this often--it makes a great lid color or a wash of shimmer on casual days. I'm very pleased with this and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by emily85

I have to agree with the other lady's review below: there isn't even an eenie-meenie amount of "rose" in this eye shadow--assuming of course that "rose" means a VARIATION of the color red....it's basically a champagne/light gold color on my fair skin. All this aside, it's a pretty color nonetheless, and definetely worth buying. About $3.63 at WalMart where I got it. The goldish sparkle brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty, neutral champagne/light beige color. I don't see any rose color in this eyeshadow at all. Maybe a teeny, tiny bit of undertone may be rosy, but the color of this eyeshadow is pretty much a simple, shimmery champagne color. It is nice and neutral though. The shimmer is light, and the texture is soft and very blendable. Lasts all day and seems fairly crease-resistant. I am light PPP and I use this as a light wash over my entire eyelid (I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush not the little foam applicator that came with it), and it creates a very soft and casual look. Rosy Outlook is a beautiful, neutral color as long as your not expecting it to look pink/rosy. I took one lippie off because the name is not a good representation of the color at all. Other than that, I like this eyeshadow a lot. :)