October 20, 2014 | 1550 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Extreme Camouflage Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at Sephora in Sweden, I looked for a green concealer so I thought this would be a good choice.

The concealer is quite thick and creamy, I prefer to use this before I put on my foundation (otherwise you'll look green). It definitely corrects redness (I suffer Rosacea), but I find this a little hard too blend. However, it has become my favorite concealer just because my redness is gone! Primer+Make Up Forever Camouflage Cream in Green+Foundation+Powder = Flawless looking skin!

Pro's:
-Corrects redness
-Lasts long
-Not too expensive

Con's:
-You will need a foundation/powder foundation over this otherwise you will look green.

Sorry for my English, I'm Swedish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am Asian, NC15 and use shade 6 of this concealer.

I bought this the day before my wedding, as a "just in case" measure and I have been using it for 9 months and am so pleased!

I felt a huge pinch when buying it, since the tube looks tiny and it's sooo expensive. But a little really goes a LOOOONG way with this, so the product has actually a lot more utility than it looks.

I also like that it's in a tube instead of a tub, so it's more hygenic and it's easy to just squeeze a tiny drop to use.

The texture is on the matte side which I'm fine with, it doesn't accentuate dryness or anything.

It covers my dark eye circles really well, and also dark areas around my mouth. I haven't mastered the art of concealing my freckles perfectly yet, but since I know it can fully cover a tattoo, it must just be a mattter of my (lack of) skill.

All in all, love this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is odd, I must be doing something wrong here, everyone loves this concealer but I can't see why... so, I must be the exception in this case (there's always one).
For me it doesn't cover well dark spots, at least not as well as other concealers and I have to use too much so it looks fake, it only works under a heavy makeup, definitely not a natural look, I still prefer the Shiseido pencil corrector, much more natural looking and easy to apply.
But overall I'm not a big fan of liquid concealers that you have to work on it and dabb a lot, it requires patience and I'm not to handy for this things, so I prefer more practical alternatives...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LoveLunardreaming

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I looove this concealer!!!
I have acne, dry patches, dark marks and scarring and this covers it all! So far this is my HG!
I have found if you apply it after your foundation, using a good small pointed brush and apply it all over the 'mark', then let it dry (1-2 secs), blend a bit with your finger, then re-apply to the area if it needs it, then the 'mark' is GONE!
It lasts all day...now all I need is to find my HG foundation ; )
The tube is perfect allowing as much product to come out as you want and you only need a tiny bit, so it will last ages!
I am a NC15 and I use #4 which is a perfect match!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jacquelina23

I really loved this concealer for dark circles and covering up acne. I used to use MAC concealers but the color was always changing and then they discontinued the one I liked. This one is a little bit dryer than the MUF Full Cover concealer, but the color was just fair enough for me. I have used this concealer for a long time but recently I went to repurchase it and they were out so they suggested I try the full cover concealer in the tube, it works great, and I think I will repurchase it instead of this one next time, it's more moisturizing. Perhaps you could try it if you didn't like this one. The only downfall with this one is hygienically it's not very clean.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Found out this was breaking me out along my jaw line...just great lol.

So this is crazy expensive...but it works.

My background story regarding concealer: I really loved my MAC Studio finish concealer but I could never find my shade - NC30 was too yellow, NW25 was far too orange and NC 20 was too light. So I fearfully switched to another brand - fearfully I say because I break out from nearly every ingredient. I was super reluctant to stray from Studio Finish just because it was non-acnegenic and provided good coverage.

Anyways on to MUFE Extreme Camouflage (in the tube). Its quite pigmented - but certainly not as much as they make it seem. MAC studio finish was more pigmented. I have to layer it on twice to cover up say a scar left over from a zit. However, it dries to a matte finish and stays on pretty much all day. MAC studio finish melted within about three hours on my greasy skin. It's quite thick and I found the best way to blend it in is to use your fingers because with brushes I was left with awful streak marks.

The best part for me by far was that it didn't break me out which like I said is super rare for me because while I don't have persistent acne (if I wear no makeup I have clear skin), pretty much every time of makeup on the market makes my sensitive skin break out.

For reference, I'm shade Ivory 6 which is a decent match to my fair olive skin.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rissa1456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This provides no coverage. Dose not blend. smells bad. The drug store concealors are better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by falloutgirl

I was not impressed with this product. Despite all the positive reviews, this really did not work for me. I have severe acne scarring, and this did not provide the "full coverage" I was looking for. It was difficult to blend, and had too much yellow undertones (I had this in #4 and #6) so that whenever I tried to conceal a blemish, there would be a yellow dot instead of a skin-colored dot. Such a disappointment, considering it was near $40 CAD and I had such high hopes. However, this product did have good lasting power for my oily skin, although it was not "water-proof".

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I was ultimately not impressed with MUFE's HD foundation but reading good reviews about this concealer, I went and splurged $30 for the half-ounce tube.

I use it for both dark circles and blemishes. It works great for both. I haven't seen it settle into the fine lines underneath my eyes and stays put for a while, but not all day, so I need touch-ups but only about twice throughout the day. The tube dispenses the right amount, not too much, not too little, depending on how much you require.

One star off because again, it's $30 for half an ounce. However, it seems that the good concealers are on the expensive side, from what I've seen. The shade I chose is perfect for my skintone though and it does an overall good job holding up throughout the day so I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent concealer. It covers my blemishes, purple facial veins and dark circles very well. I like the squeeze tube, and a little goes a long way, so it will last me a LONG time. My only complaint is that it can be a little drying, especially under the eyes. The shade 6 is perfect for my summer skin (NC25), but I can't find a match for my winter skin, I've tried 4 which was a little off, and 2 was too light.