July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Moisturizers - Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've gone through one tube of Lily of the Desert aloe vera gelly and am now working on my second. This is a great product for acne prone skin types. I use it morning and night under my ss/moisturizer. It really helps heal any blemishes I have faster. AND it does not clog my pores one bit or cause breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

A good aloe vera choice for those who do not want added fragrance or color. A note though: this contains ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and hyaluranic acid (not sure about spelling) Both used as natural preservatives; however, for those familiar with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients, Vitamin C and hyaluranic acid are the main components to fighting off free radical change and plumping the skin. Both are great for your skin. This aloe packs a double punch with natural aloe as well as a natural preservative that fights off aging. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lmg613

In the morning, after massaging in some grapeseed oil and blotting any excess, I've been smoothing a layer of lily of the desert aloe over my face--not rubbing it in--and letting it dry before applying mineral makeup. It's the best primer I've found so far, makes my skin look/feel dewy and smooth, and does not seem to promote shine. I have oil-prone skin, and even walking around at midday yesterday in the hot and humid June weather, shine was at a minimum. It also soothes any seriously inflamed acne, which is helpful in forgetting about it and living your life (read: NOT touching it). I would recommend using it over a light oil or other moisturizer, because it can feel a little drying otherwise. Also been using it at night over a neem/rosehip seed oil combo and wake up with soft, smooth skin.

Edit: forgot to add that the important detail that this has made me break out zero much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product has become an all-time staple in my beauty regimen. The version that I currently have is of the 2013 (new version) that just came out. I have multiples of the 12 oz. version that I plan to use up and then continue to buy more of.

Here's the current ingredient listing for the new formula (comes with yellow packaging around bottle):

Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Gel), Carbomer (Thickener), Certified Organic Aloe Leaf Juice (Gel) Concentrate, Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Pollysaccharides (Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acerate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Disodium EDTA (Preservative), Capryl Glycol (Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative)

I have very sensitive skin. Which is why, I prefer to use products on both my head and body that do not contain added fragrance to them. And, unlike a lot of other aloe vera gels sold on the market, this one doesn't contain any added fragrance to it at all.

It has no real distinct odor to it. It contains no parabens, no artificial coloring, and no animal testing. And, it is totally non-greasy as well.

I am able to use this product in a multitude of ways: as a styling gel, on burns, on insect bites, on rashes, on cuts, etc. The cost of this product for me was relatively cheap (less than $7 a bottle w/o shipping). And, I highly recommend this product to everyone out there (whether you have sensitive skin or not).

I used to use Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel. However, the aloe vera in it is not listed as being certified organic. And, it doesn't have any moisturizing properties to it at all. Instead, I do find it to be on the drying side. But, because it's readily available in Wal-Mart and such, that's one of the main reasons why I have stuck with for years. But, since I started using Lily of the Desert's Aloe Vera Jelly, I don't ever plan to go back to using Fruit of the Earth again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by catpony

Makes my skin incredibly soft and keeps oil away for most of the day, after using it for a month the fine lines on my forehead have disappeared

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great as a moisturizer/primer. You can even use it on cuts or sunburned skin, like it says on the back. I've used it everyday for the past few weeks, and I really think it's helped my acne and my skin looks a lot better, so I recommended it to my brother, and it's helped his skin, too. Great product, great value. :)
EDIT: After a few months, I've really noticed a difference. I used to have a pretty big acne scar on my forehead, but now it's almost gone! My acne is significantly better. I'm really happy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is MUCH better than the old gel, much more gentle. I guess they changed something. I love this. My skin is going crazy, and If I don't put this on it is very uncomfortable. This helps my face stay matte for longer, its soothing, protects my skin from the wind, helps heal my rashes, I think its even helping with acne. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the new formula. I bought it just in case I needed it for a sunburn, but with this summer's heat waves, my usual "light" night cream was too greasy. I figured I'd try replacing my night cream with this stuff and I swear it's changed my life. Keeps my skin matte but hydrated and has definitely, definitely, cleared up some spots. I'll never be without this again. I don't think it's right for winter use if you get dry that time of year (as I do), but it's the best thing to happen to my summer skincare regime since sticking ice cubes down my shirt. It's thin, so it spreads evenly, meaning you don't need to use a whole lot, so it's great value. Just be wary of the squeeze tube -- it wants to let out more than you actually need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

FYI - the ingredients for this product have changed. It no longer has silicone and isn't completely clear anymore. Personally, I love the change in formula. I find it to be more soothing and moisturizing. Its a great basic skin treatment for irritation, and works a light moisturizer. I mix it in with my hair gel, and I get wonderful definition for my curls, and have even used it alone on my hair in a pinch.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by nicoleee317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seems to fade my acne scars lightly. Not in a crazy fast way though. I'v heard that using it straight from an aloe vera plant works way better though. haven't tried that yet.