September 30, 2014 | 1418 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Brow #12

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a must-have brush for me, and I am pretty strict about not collecting too many. There is nothing like it for applying brow powder (sometimes I use Smashbox's, but other times I get lazy and just apply a dark eyeshadow) and also a wax if you need it. The stiff bristles pick up the powder well, shape the brow hairs, and can also dig into the wax. The handle on mine is nice and short so it makes a great travel brush as well. Wouldn't change a thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I don't have a many brushes. Most of the time I just suck it up and use the stupid applicator that comes with the product; ie eye shadows. But I love my Smashbox brow brush. It is the perfect combination with their brow powder, which is a staple in my makeup bag. I don't even know how this would compare to a cheaper brush, because I don't care to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kittyk9t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to brow brush. I've tried tons of brushes throughout the years and this is still my favorite. This is really the only SB brush I use so I love that the handle is red because I can always find it quickly. It's very high quality - I've only had to repurchase recently (lasted 10 years) and only because the glue that holds the brush portion to the handle wore out. This is the only brush I have found with high-quality dense, stiff bristles. I have dark brows that just need to be filled in certain spots or sometimes I like to make them slightly thicker. This brush deposits color easily and looks natural. I'm not a big fan of the softer brow brushes (hello MAC) because they deposit too much powder and it just looks like you have eyeshadow on your brows. This is the only brow brush I will use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this is a brow brush but I bought it to apply eye liner. It works okay for blending and especially for creating 'wings', but I've found that the hairs are a little scratchy for the eye area, and they tend to fray. The handle also gets scratched up quite easily. All in all, an okay brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this brush. of all the brow brushes ive tried, this is my favourite, its got the perfect shape for filling and shaping my eyebrows. its dense, not scratchy and doesnt shed either. i use it to apply bare escentuals brow powder, and those two things combined make my eyebrows look amazing. if i lost this brush, id definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loveee this brush. It's absolutely worth the money. If I lost it today I would definetly pick another one up. Doesn't shed at all and is the perfect texture. You can make thin lines and be very precise with the long handled brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tereserocha

If I had to pick ONE brush to save, it would be the Smashbox angle brow brush. It's $20 on the smashbox website which is rather pricey but it's 100% worth it. It's not the softest brush but the stiffness and thickness is perfect for applying brow powder. I've abused and used it everyday since 7 years ago and the shape still looks new.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this brush with the #8 on the other end. I know people use this for brows but I like it for eyeliner! It's definitely thicker AND softer than the mac 208 which irritated my eyes. I just bought the 266 and I'll see how this compares. This is obviously thicker than the 266 though. Like twice as thick. Not a big problem for people with clearly defined lids. But for me, the 208 was extremely small and this gives me such a thick line! I dont mind the thickness, but I do want something thinner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I have this brush in the travel size as i wanted something with a shorter handle. The brush is good but i found the bristles a bit too stiff for the 'softer' look i was looking for. I think it would be good for those who want a strong brow or have nice thick eyebrows - but not for me who has finer eyebrows and prefers a softer, more natural look.

I just use the little brush that comes with the E.L.F Studio brow kit and it is perfect for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this brush on ebay a few years ago. We have only started to have Smashbox on Australian soils this year. I went for a makeover where they used this brush and I felt compelled to write about how awesome it is.

I have the brow and eyeliner due brush. I never use the eyeliner section as I like very small, flat, eyeliner brushes but I have never even tried to find another eyebrow brush. It has great control and gives a lovely natural finish to your eyebrows.

My eyebrow powder of choice was Benefit which I used for 6 years - only because the thing never ran out till I dropped it and smashed it. I came across the Browtech today and am excited to report that this is also a great brow powder however that's another review.