Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this product, I really did. Had such high hopes. In my honest opinion, you could do better with Make Up Forever HD Foundation. This product did not hold up at all. The price was steep, and for not so great results. Coverage wasn't great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I don't even have dry skin, but it made my skin look dry and patchy. I normally have combination skin with oiliness in the t-zone and normal skin on the cheeks. Ironically, this foundation made my t-zone look DRY with patches all over. I felt embarrassed mid-day to run errands or do anything. I didn't want anyone looking at me. That's how horrible I felt with this disgusting foundation. It feels heavy, yet doesn't provide good coverage. It makes me look like I don't exfoilate or moisturize my skin when this is so not the case. I'm very disappointed in this foundation and embarrassed at how I looked today. I couldn't wait to get home and remove this crap from my face.

This foundation is the worst I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot of foundations). After literally one hour it started to slide off my face and settled into pores. I have a slightly oily t zone and normal everywhere else but this made me look like my face was sliding off. I would rather wear no foundation than wear this. Not worth the money and I paid £50! complete rip off.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As i love the hourglass primer, i thiught i might love their fiundation. I tried the veil foundation. Very expensive, nice packaging, i found the colors very orange. I got #1 ivory. As a nw20/nc30 i was surorised. the ivory was very orange. Undeterred i smoothed it on and it looked great. Peachy but great. Beautuful pretty finish, smooth, no highlighting flaws, i was pleased. It lasted very well, full day with no tiuch ups.
Trying to get a better color, i tried 1.5 nude. I think i reacted with it as my forehead broke out. If this works for you, its beautiful. For me, way too orange and sensitivity issues.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

There's a lot to like about Hourglass in general, but I'm not in like with Veil Fluid.

Veil Fluid is a very thick liquid which doesn't run easily. It's heavily pigmented and upon application, gives medium-to-full coverage right off the bat, so if you prefer fuller coverage foundations, this will be up your alley. If not, you could use a Beautyblender to sheer it out, but the sheerest I was able to get it is towing the line between light to medium coverage, so if you are looking for something light--this is not the one for you.

Upon application, it is heavy. You can feel it on your face while you wear it all day, and it definitely transfers. Even lightly scratching my face, I would wind up with foundation under my nails. It gives a dewy finish, but it does not emphasize dry patches on the skin, nor did it break me out when I tried samples of it. For those that are looking into cruelty-free, high-end options, this product is vegan. It also wore well throughout the day, no issues with it wearing off, but it does tend to take on a very dewy/greasy looking appearance at the end of the day.

The packaging is very lovely, though. A weighty bottle with simplistic packaging, however, I don't like that it doesn't give you an idea for how much product is left inside. It also contains SPF 15, which is something I'm not fond of in foundations. No one ever wears enough of it to confer actual protection and it tends to cause flashback in pictures.

My last quibble over the product is that the shade range is limited. The lightest shade is definitely a cool yellow (yay!), but going forward, the undertones are a little wonky. For whatever reason, although 0 (Porcelain, which I'd put at ~NC10-15) is neutral/yellow, the next yellow undertoned shade is allegedly 3 (Sand), which is a huge jump (and when I tested it in store, it definitely did not seem to have yellow undertones). In addition to this, there are limited options for POCs as well.

Overall, I didn't have an entirely bad experience with this foundation, but it wasn't one that fit me, ymmv.

Pros:

- Medium-to-full coverage (with Beautyblender); full coverage (fingers or brush) (for those that are looking for this)
- Vegan/cruelty-free
- Did not cause break outs
- Does not emphasize flakes
- Beautiful packaging

Cons:

- Feels very heavy
- Takes on greasy appearance at end of day
- Transfers easily
- Weird and limited color offerings/undertone classifications
- Cannot be sheered to light coverage
- Potentially might cause flashback due to SPF (which doesn't give adequate sun protection in any case)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation doesn't give me the nice finish I want. I'm currently experimenting with different moisturizers and serums to see if I can get the satin finish it promises. I'm not sure I want to keep it but because it's fragrance free (and I'm sensitive to perfumes ever since I used a retinol product almost a year ago) I keep trying to make it work. The Ivory color is not quite right either. It's too dark for my light neutral complexion, even for summer, so I'm mixing it with a bit of my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, which is a lighter shade. The two formulations seem compatible and the color is much better with a bit of the lighter GA (which I wear in the wintertime) mixed in. I use the Veil with the HG Mineral primer but the primer does nothing to fill in or minimize my pores, even when I let it dry. So I'm totally on the fence about the foundation and am considering returning it to Sephora. I wouldn't really recommend this foundation if you have any issues with fine lines or large pores because it seems to seep into these crevices even with the Mineral primer underneath. If I return it, I think I will just order the GA in a color that's a little darker than the one I have. I love the finish of the GA and it truly does make my skin look luminous (but without shimmer). So all in all, I have mixed feelings about this HG foundation. It's taking far too much work to make it look nice. Foundation is so important so I don't want to waste the $60 this foundation costs by just tossing into my drawer of product FAILS. If I change my mind or decide to definitely return it, I will update this review. Sorry to be so vague but it's one of those much raved about products that hasn't totally worked out for me. I keep thinking there's something I'm doing wrong. But maybe it just isn't meant to be.

I bought this foundation from Mecca a few days ago in the shade beige which is a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging is retarded it comes out on a stick, like a lipgloss applicator but no sponge on the end. The consistency of the foundation is really nice and soft and a tiny amount goes a long way which is great considering the price you pay! Coverage is pretty good I think it's like a medium coverage and quite a dewy finish, still looks nice after a few hours. So far no skin issues with this foundation

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first few times I used this at honme I didn't like it. I was using it over Dr Brandt primer. It was cakey and terrible.

As a last ditch attempt before I returned it to Sephora I tried it over a generous application of the Arbonne primer which is VERY siliconey and slippery. OMG. This foundation, buffed in with a dome brush is amazing! Airburshed, perfect finish yet looks like no makeup. If you're having problems try it over a very slippy primer.

A beautiful foundation. Especially if you have the right color. It tightens pores like you wouldn't believe. Helping with lines around my eyes. Expensive but you get what you pay for. I find that a full pump is to much for my face so I expect this to last awhile. So happy with this foundation and the look of my skin.

I asked for a medium to full coverage foundation for slightly dry skin, with
a luminous type finish. I was looking a Dior Star, and the sales girl
told me I would like Hourglass Veil better, because it has skin treatments
that would help dry skin. Not only does it not really make any difference
on my dry skin patches,the worst part is this has the coverage of
a tinted moisturizer, at least I think so. It is slightly better when you first
put it on, but it was essentially gone in most areas on my face by noon if
I put it on around 7 am. Definitely not worth the large price tag.
I really am starting to think when it comes to foundations that high
end is really not better. I love my Covergirl Outlast, Revlon Colorstay