September 2, 2014 | 1010 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - the supernatural poreless flawless spf 15

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Reyestrojan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my specialty primer that i use on special occasions due to its expensive price. I really like how the primer feels on my skin, it gives my skin a great overall glow and evens out texture for when applying makeup.

I use a very small amout and spread evenly onto my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. I let sit for a few minutes to soak into skin before makeup application.

I do not find this primer to be greasy or leave an oily shine. It balances out my skin tone just fine and does not cause acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lucidlemur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only cosmetic product I've ever tried that lives up to its description! Well, okay, it doesn't make my me look completely poreless, but I have really lousy oily skin, with huge pores. Even so, this stuff makes my skin actually look good, which I didn't think was possible.

I bought it when Philosophy had some skincare sets* on clearance . . . it was a great deal, but I wish I had bought at least a dozen, because now I'm going to have to pay the full $30 for a tube! The tubes are 1.6 ounces . . . I bought four in late August of 2012, and it's now November of 2013 and I have maybe half a tube left. So I guess I've gone through a tube every 4 months or so. So really, $7/mo for a huge skin improvement, which is not bad at all now that I think about it!

I haven't tried many different primers (or foundations for that matter) because I don't like looking too made up . . . and I had kind of given up on my skin and didn't think anything would work! I tried Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer and it was okay but made me shiny. I've also used Lumene BB cream, but I thought it brought out some fine lines I didn't know I had, and was kind of oily. Back in the day I had some Clinique light-coverage foundation that was also meh. The Philosophy blows them all out of the water.

I agree with lots of reviewers that the color is weird at first, but I have very light and oddly kind of olive-toned toned skin, and if the color were an issue for anyone, it would have been for me! But I don't even notice it. I like the creamy consistency, too. Really, it's just great, so much so that I'm writing my very first review about it!

* The sets were "beautifully bare 5-pc canvas essentials." They came with the Supernatural primer; purity made simple one-step facial cleanser 2 oz.; divine luxurious lip gloss in pink carnation; and divine satin-finish illuminating powder. They were originally like $60 or $80, and were on clearance for $25. I think I'm just sharing this because it was possibly the best purchase of my life. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by txpenelope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite primer for my very oily skin! I like the thick, whipped texture that is not greasy but matifying instead. Rare for a product with sunscreen. I like the texture & the smoothing effects of this primer. No breakouts for my extremely sensitive skin! This product comes in a peachy tint which is okay but I'd prefer something in a lighter color. I wore this on one side with other primers & my skin was less oily at the end of the day with Supernatural. I have a hard time finding it since Sephora quit carrying it. I order directly from Philosophy because I love it that much. I have a feeling it will be discontinued soon with the increase of BB creams available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by brwneyd_gurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my current "can't live without" makeup products that I use every single day. I use it as a makeup primer or, on weekends, as my foundation.

I've tried many other Philosophy products, but I either didn't like them or they caused acne and/or an allergic reaction, but this product is great!

I've tried other brands of primers, but this is the only one that has not been stiff, tacky/sticky, or otherwise gross.

It provides a great base to mineral/powder foundation. It glides on silky smooth and evens out my complexion nicely. It covers fine lines, but it doesn't cake up. And I love that it has built-in sunscreen =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

I don't know about you, but I don't like this primer. I don't like the texture of it, I don't like how it makes me feel like I have a lot of makeup on, and I don't like how it makes my foundation look dull. I call this the 'insecure primer', the primer that makes you feel ugly. I don't like the slimy feeling when applying, it feels like I'm actually putting a mask on or something. Overall, not a great primer, and I don't recommend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There just wasn't anything I liked about this product. I hardly ever return products as I'm usually able to find some use for them. This one was sent back immediately. The texture is hard to describe, but it's awful and I had an terrible time getting it to blend well. There was no coverage of any kind, certainly nothing that left me with anything remotely flawless or any coverage of any kind. Instead, I was left with an odd shine and my combo/dry skin was an oil slick each day I wore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by RussetBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It controls shine practically all day and makes my skin super smooth. I wear it alone for a nice natural matte look or under my foundation to make it flawless. I recommend giving this a try if you havent yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck! This is not moisturizing enough by itself, but too slippery and goopy feeling on top of a separate moisturizer. The sun protection in this is way too weak, in my opinion -- definitely not high enough for those with really light skin -- so I always have to combine it with another sunscreen. But worst of all is the color! I'm very pale -- usually the lightest or second to lightest shade of most foundation -- and this strangely peach colored primer never seems to blend in fully. I don't want to leave the house with random orange spots on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by vivakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Evens out my complexion and feels like silk! Great primer, or good when you want light coverage. Hard to live without this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I think I would buy this again, but I'm always on the search for a better primer. I like the Philosophy Present one but that one has parabens and this one seems more natural. This one as far as I know has spf 15 that is not a chemical sunscreen (no oxybenzone) which is important to me.

However, I prefer the texture of Present because it dries more matte. This one is creamy at first and feels just a little bit more slippery. And it smells like sunscreen (which I know it has, duh) but the other one is not odorless, but it was more appealing to me, I guess.

On that note, I think I'll use this on days I know I'll be outside... as for the Present... it has parabens but Smashbox's original primer does not. Present is cheaper though, 2 oz, I believe instead of 1. Anybody else know of a better primer that's good for it's price?