October 22, 2014 | 1416 users online

Toners - Lancome - Lancome Pure Focus Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can find something with the same result but cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SnowcLovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new toner...I tried Clean and Clear and I had no positive results. So I decided to splurge a little and nabbed this toner with a discount, which is awesome. The bottle is really cute and gives off a refreshing look. The toner has a lot of powder, which is what controls the oil and creates a matte finish. Before use, you have to shake it. Not a big deal for me. A quick tip: It has a white seal when you get it covering the opening...DO NOT RIP THE WHOLE THING OFF. Just poke a hole in it with one blade of a pair of scissors. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. Even with the small hole I made, a lot still comes out. The product itself worked amazingly well for me. I don't use it everyday because it's SO expensive (I use Clinique's Exfoliating Lotion I believe it's called....about the same price..a little cheaper.. but you get way 20 times the amount.) and so I save it to use before applying makeup. It keeps my face matte and controls the oil amazingly well. It feels really refreshing and it does get makeup and gunk off your face. I wasn't a big fan of the scent...I usually love scented things and have a high tolerance...but I did not like the smell of this toner. It was really strong and gave me a headache. I docked one point because of the price tag and another because it has parabens. You'd think that the higher end brands would be better quality and omit stuff like that. I really loved this toner but I feel that cleansing products etc. should be free of them....therefore, I will be searching for a new toner in the meantime. Other than that, I would recommend this toner if you're willing to splurge a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh, it's an okay product. I got it to help control oil and it does give a matte finish at first, but it doesn't last. It's gentle and smells good, but I don't really get a "wow" factor from this product. It's a bit expensive and you can get more bang for your buck with other toners.

I use a toner in the morning and at night. This is my morning one in hopes that it would help my face from getting oily midday at work. I would only recommend this toner in the morning as I do not think it would be effective at removing dirt/oil after a long day at work or school.

I didn't have any negative side effects such as breakouts or reactions, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by MaryKate88

Pro's:
- gives you a fresh feeling
- not irritating at all
- it mattifies very well
- doesn't dry out your skin (even during winter)
- also takes the last dirt off your face after cleansing
- standard bottle, but easy to use

Con's:
- the price, it's quite expensive for a toner
- (if it really is a con feature) you have to shake it before use

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by fashionmerchandisingmajor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use the entire Pure Focus line and have had a miracle and dramatic change in my skin from using it. This toner for sure helps with controlling the oil on my face and I can actually wear my mu all day with out looking like an oil slick after a couple of hours. It contains SA which has helped control my acne prone skin. I highly recommend this line to anyone with super oily skin like myself. It has done wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by jlinds

I love this toner. The mattifying powders are great and I do notice a more matte complexion. I find if you hold the cotton pad directly on the bottle and then tip it upside down rather than pouring it you don't waste any, and it is a lot easier- no mess. It doesn;t do much for acne alone but when using the pure focus exfoliance and the lotion as well I do notice a difference. Would reccomend to oily skin girls for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is overall a decent toner and definitely mattifies the skin. I like that it has salicylic acid and it is effective in preventing breakouts. I dislike the packaging as it is very wasteful and prone to spills. I decanted it into a spray bottle and it has saved me a lot of product by spraying the toner on my cotton pad rather than pouring it. It's a little too drying for my combination skin in the winter but I'll try it out again in the summer to see if it will work better then. However, after I'm done this bottle, I won't be repurchasing since there are so many oil control toners with salicylic acid on the market for much lower price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jeanbean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the *almost* PERFECT toner for summer time on my combo/oily skin. I had to take away a lippie for its packaging. The pour hole is SO large that it's very easy to pour way too much out at once. But on to the good stuff...

My t-zone usually gets shiny by noon on a normal day inside of my super dry A/C office. But if I use this toner in the morning, my face stays pretty matte for a few extra hours. It's no miracle water, but I'd say it does what it says it does pretty well for just a toner. I'd definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by DenzilM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perhaps the best oil-control toner I've found...and I've tried quite a few.

PROS: Of all I've tried, few contain oil-absorbing powders, and of those, Lancome's contains the most. I notice the difference when I don't use it (I get oilier faster). Smells good, pretty packaging, and doesn't burn at all, unlike others.

CONS: That said, it does nothing to "control" oil production in the long run as it promises: it works for the moment and that's it. For acne, it does nothing. For "skin tone and texture," nothing. What it does is help mattify for a few hours, and it does this better than its competitors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by HotMadonna

I got this a while ago, I wanted to buy the entire Pure Focus line but just couldn't afford it so I stopped at the toner. That said this is a pretty decent toner, it absorbs oil really well and does minimize pores. However it does NOTHING for acne, and because of that I only use this for special occasions instead of on a daily basis. So for what it is, I think it's overpriced, but hey who can resist a really cute bottle lol