December 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Bronzers - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan all-over face color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have used this for well over 10 years but I have found it is a little too orange on me (NW20) so I switched to Too Faced and I am much happier. This is however a great bronzer and looks very natural with a light hand. It's all natural which I love.

I think this is best suited for warm skin tones as it looks amazing on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this bronzer. It may seem dark, but when applied with a light hand, it's perfect. Also, even if you apply a little too much, it is easily blendable to sheer it out. This is the only bronzer that doesnt break me out that's why I will keep repurchasing this! I bought this for approximately CAD$27, including tax. I find it's worth the price since I bought it in May and I still have loads left. Anyways, I highly recommend this bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So some lovely swapper sent me this in the matte version as an extra in a swap. I let it languish because it looked so scary and dark, and I don't have terribly fond memories of the warmth all over color that I tried years ago. Recently I got tired of slathering self tanner on my face, it felt like it was clogging my pores and causing me to be extra oily. So I pulled this out and gave it a try...and was pleasantly surprised!!! Even though it looks dark, with a big fluffy brush you can't mess it up. No matter how much I put on I never look like I spread dirt on my face, instead I just look healthy and tan! Now I'm using it every day and neglecting my other beautiful bronzers. :)

My only complaint is that the product does not last through my day, it seems to evaporate and I'm back to my pasty self.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I bought this when Ulta was having their 21 Days of Beauty sale and I only paid $10 this is. I liked this color better than the warmth shade because it seemed less orange in undertone and more red. It is surprisingly blendable on the skin and really does look natural, like you have an actual tan. I am extremely fair and thought this was for sure going to look crazy on me. But as long as you use a small amount and really swirl it into your brush, it is actually a really good bronzer. However for everyday I prefer something matte and a little lighter in color like Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil or Benefit Hoola. But when I want a super tan, bronze-y look in the summer this will be perfect! And for $10Ö you canít beat that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great bronzer that gives an incredibly natural look. It is a matte medium brown with a very slight reddish hue. I use this to contour and give my face a bit of color. I am NW15 and it looks very natural. You can apply very sheer or build it up darker. It gives a true "been out in the sun" look, rather than "shimmery bronzer-fest." The only downside is the slightly messy application. I love this and I will definitely repurchase when I finish this off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me first state: I love bronzer. High end? I've got them all. Or well, maybe not.. but yeah, I've bought a few over the years.
This is a lovely bronzer, it has the perfect acutual sun-tanned look. Its warm, but not orange; it's a perfect amount of brown with added copper tones to give a natural tan. I actually didn't want to like this bronzer as much as I do just because of the crappy packaging which ends in a big mess all over my vanity everytime I use it (and the fact that I've splurged on so many other more expensive bronzers).
I use this as I would use my Guerlain 4 seasons 02 in brunette: on the actual high points of my face, where I most likely would get a more intense tan. If I'm lazy and want a more contoured bronzer without using a contour product I'll go with something less coppery like Tom Ford Terra bronzer, or Nars Laguna, but for an acutall tanned and warm look or to enhance a tan this is awesome! Im NC20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Kimmiebat

This is a beautiful color for that all over sun kissed glow. For that purpose, I like it even better than warmth-but it's a close second for me. This is probably not a good contour color for lighter, paler skin tones as it is a very warm color. Hoola bronzer is a much cooler color. Some people might have a better result contouring with a taupe eyeshadow. Natural shadows are gray. Taupe is brown-gray. Hope this helps someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I cannot say enough great things about this, really, the ONLY downside is the messy application. The perfect product for faking a caught-by-the sun look or enhancing a tan. It's looks completely natural and this is largely due to the flawless texture that is undetectable on the skin. You need a light hand and a good buffing brush (I like the large Ecotools Bronzing Brush or Mac 109 w/ it) as it very pigmented and a little goes a long way, but once buffed in you literally cannot tell it's there on the skin. Never looks powdery, patchy,dull, or cakey. It's a matte bronzer but still gives a radiant glow without sheen or shimmer. It's a beautiful pick-me-up product and suits everyone from tanned to pale.
The reddish tones in this mimic the pinkish hue of skin that's just been caught by the sun, so it gives a really natural looking tanned look to the face and the body. I wish it were easier to use liberally as I love using this with a big bronzing brush over the body. It's beautiful run over the chest, arms and legs, and lasts forever on the skin.
It's a gorgeous contouring bronzer, warming and sculpting the face. You can even skip blush with Faux Tan, it's so pretty. If you're into cool or neutral bronzers like Benefit Hoola you may not like this, but I urge you to at least have the BE sales peeps to try it on you. Once you try it and get the hang of it of applying Faux Tan, I think you'll love it as much as me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the rating... but this looks horrible on NC20 skin! It turned red on my face. Not a flattering shade of "I've just been out in the sun exercising" red, but the 1997 brick red that everyone was wearing on their lips kind of red. And that's really gross. I can't contour with it and I can't put that kind of color on my eyes either. Maybe my skin is just too yellow for it? I don't know. I wanted to love this product but it looks TERRIBLE.

The only pro about this is how smoothly it goes on the face. It has great texture and color payoff... just wish it had less red in it. Urgh.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

So the first time that I used this, I did not like it at all. Now that I am using it with the BE original foundation, I am in love. I am NC30 but perhaps not as yellow as MAC categorizes my skin. I wear BE original in Medium Beige, which is a neutral shade. This on top makes my skin glow... Not too shiny or greasy looking. It looks like I got a great tan and my face is golden versus appearing muddy or dirty. It does not cast an ugly orange on my face either. I have tried a lot of bronzers and my favorite had always been NYC Sunny but this beats Sunny. Highly recommended, especially if you are wearing BE foundations.