August 1, 2014 | 1771 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers- Toffee

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by limeshrub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE, DO NOT BUY!! Unless you have a thing for looking like a robot/zombie/Halloween costume gone wrong, steer clear! The other lip shimmers are wonderful and usually I don't like to criticize something because of its color since it's not the product's fault that the color doesn't work for me but this shade is dreadful! It's an odd mixture of severe frost, silver, champagne, taupe, and grossness. I would only use it if I were stranded on a desert island without any other lip product because this is a good lip balm despite its color faults. It has a nice pepperminty tingle. Since you can use it as a lip balm, I give it two stars although you will probably cringe when you see yourself in the mirror. You can also rub it on your nails which will give them a small bit of shimmer. It's actually pretty good for that. I wouldn't know about other uses since I didn't like seeing its unattractiveness in my otherwise pretty balm collection (sort of jk) and threw it away. I will not repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Feels great on my lips with its natural ingredients. That's why i gave it two lippies The color is awful. A frosty, silvery taupe. The glitter is chunky and it washes out my fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by myrifle

I got this free in a gift set, thank goodness.
I liked how it felt..but the color was like silver metallic taupe grossness.
Made me look like an alien...but maybe somebody out there could pull it off nicely. Just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by conniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the worst lip balm I've used in my life. I have very pigmented lips and was hoping this would give a nice sheen. However, I put it on and it literally looks like I rubbed metal all over my lips! It was an extremely metallic looking color and looked silver. I felt like a friggin' robot. I'm very very unhappy with this and will probably never be using this again. Everything else I've tried from Burt's Bees is fantastic though, so this was probably just a problem with using the wrong color. The only up side is that it's very creamy and moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Last review for the whole range and i'm sick of saying bad things about them all. Sadly, i've left the worst one til last and all i can say is that it looks gray and shimmery on me, which washes me out and makes me look kind of ill! Not at all what i'm looking for. Still, it smells lovely!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a cool-toned, silvery taupe. Most people probably wouldn't be able to pull this off, but I can. I just don't lay it on too thick or I'd look really weird. The minty tingle and the packaging are also a plus. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by HauntedMoonlight

I love the minty smell and taste of this lip balm. It's very moisturizing, too. The color is ok, nothing special. It's a very frosty light taupe. It looks like the cool toned version of MAC's Tanarama lipstick. It's very light, so I have to be careful not to put too much or it will look chalky. I would not repurchase this particular color, but I would like to try some other Lip Shimmers.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by gudewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually like this color. Almost everything looks too warm on me (like the watermelon shade of this), so frosty mauve is fine by me. Disclaimer that I use a VERY light touch with all lip products, and I don't emphasize my lips, ever (not sure why, they're fine lips, I'm just all about the eyes). I can see where it would be easy for this stuff to be overly frosty or pale-looking, but I just don't use enough for that to be an issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lctirwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY wanted to love this. The price is right, so I can deal with the lame packaging. I love the mint flavor. And the product moisturized and leaves a nice stain. But my goodness, this is nowhere near a Toffee color. I agree with the previous reviewer. This is a frosty lavender/mauve color. I then tried the Merlot. Hello, can you say "Fuschia"? yikes. I am trying, but having no luck with these little shimmers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this one in "Toffee". I like the color in the tube, but on my lips it is so frosty it almost looks like I'm wearing white lipstick. It is kind of a silvery lavender-taupe color. I enjoy the consistency and the mintiness, but it is too frosty. It passes if my lips are well hydrated before I apply, but if my lips are dry forget it. Toffee has no shine or gloss to it whatsoever; it is more metallic looking than shimmery.

For Vampy1976: Try L'Oréal Colour Riche in "Sandstone" or "Silverstone". continued >>