November 26, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lips - TheBalm - Stainiac in Homecoming Queen

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss09junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! It's orange, alright. You put one layer on and it looks natural. Perhaps even two depending on the pigment of your lips. It's orangey peachy. And I love to layer a sheer brown gloss over it. The end results look beautiful. Natural sun kissed lips. Don't let the orange scare you as it can be very sheer/natural. You put on extra layers to really brighten it up. It is gel based. I'm really sad though because this stain lasts two hours on the lips and if you eat it's gone. On the cheeks, it can last and it will look stunning on cheeks I just don't really use blush and only use lipgloss as my makeup so yah. Buy it as a blush or as a lipstain. Love it. This stain is rare so snatch it up while you can! I bought this for around twenty bucks at shoppers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by LSpawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this stain. It makes me look like I've been sucking on an orange popsicle. It's sexy in an adult way that I really like. On the cheeks, it's fantastic and easy to blend. I bought Homecoming and Beauty Queen together. I think I might go back for Prom Queen bc I love having these options on hands for lips/cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I own all three colours of Stainiac and use them primarily as gel blushes. It's a great utility product that is easy to blend, washes off the hands easily and lasts all day on the cheeks. I heartily recommend giving any one of these a try.

Of all the three colours, the neon orange Homecoming Queen is the most daunting. It's not as universally flattering a lip stain as the other two, and will appeal mostly to orange-lovers looking to amp up their coloured gloss for maximum brightness. It's a niche product.

On the FACE, however, this colour is witchcraft. Used as a gel blush, Homecoming Queen blends out to soft glowy coral that looks incredibly natural and vibrant on my NC25-30 Asian skin. So don't sweat it if this colour doesn't quite work for you on the lips; that's not where the magic happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Shicurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY stain that has worked with me and my coloring. I've tried the other products out there, but this is the one that gives me a healthy glow to my face. I can wear corals and oranges well, and this just enhances my coloring.

The staying power is all day. I mean it. I usually use it as a base to brighten up a lip color, or on it's own to look like I'm wearing m/u. On my cheeks, it blends well for a stain and adds an extra punch of color.

I really like this product. Much better than a more popular brand's stains....

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

the color is definitely unique- out of the tube it looks totally popsicle orange, but goes on a pretty darkish coral color. it is pretty buildable and isn't too drying. also, it doesn't set too quickly so you have more time to work for a better application.
unfortunately, it didn't last too long on my lips. it was completely gone within a few hours.
i tried this on my cheeks but the formula was too sheer for it to show up at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been slowly testing the waters with lipstains, and this is my favorite one to date. It's water-based and goes on very light, then takes a couple minutes to dry into the stain. Whether I top it with lipbalm and/or gloss, it stays for hours-- through drinking, talking, eating, whatever. It's also one of the few peachy-coral lipstains I've found, and I love that it's reasonably priced. I actually picked mine up from Apothica for only $9! I also have truly sensitive, dry, chapped lips & this hasn't irritated them once!

I think one's opinion of this shade really depends on your natural lip color. Though this stain seems bright-orange right out of the tube, it goes on a lovely sheer peach on my pigmented lips. I would imagine that one with lighter lips might get a more vibrant orange/coral result. I tried the Prom Queen shade first, but it really was too close to my natural lipcolor, so I returned it. But this goes on perfect with just one layer & stays in place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

All of thebalm's lip stains match the color of Popsicles...you know the old school kind in the yellow box. The color is vivid orange and it goes on bright. It looks just like you've been eating a Popsicle, not like you have make up on. It might swing for younger tweens and teens, but for adults this is terrible...I am only 23 and can't pull it off and coral/orange lippies are flattering on me. Stay away and leave the stains for the pink tones. I gave it 2 lippies since you get a good amount of product for what ya pay for.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by souporsunny

It looks crazy tangerine on the doefoot brush, but once applied it mellows out into a really nice peachy color. My lips are already really pigmented so unfortunately the stain doesn't show up that well but it still looks like I have a little bit of color on, and for once, its not pink/berry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by cuddly_penguin

Best lip-stain I've ever used -- FINALLY, a natural-looking color , plus, the gel consistency means that I'm not panicking that I'm going to spill it. 1 lippie off b/c its staying power isn't what I'd like, but I don't mind re-applying this easy, natural looking peachy color. DEFINITE repurchase!!!

EDIT: update - have discovered "prom queen" and will not be repurchasing homecoming queen as a result. This one is indeed a BIT too orangey (orange popsicle, or orange marker), but homecoming queen is a lovely reddish/pinkish/ "my lips, only better" color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a peach colored gel cheek stain. In the tube it looks almost tangerine in color but when applied to the cheeks it's a lovely peachy flush color. I have very warm pale skin and this looked almost like a natural flush on my skin.

I love that for a gel cheek stain it has enough slip to blend it but enough staying power so it doesn't wear off easily. I really expected it to be watery and hard to blend. This is possibly one of the easiest cheek stains I've ever tried to blend. It glides on the cheeks and blends beautifully. I'm definitely hooked on this.

You can put this on bare skin, skin with liquid foundation already on it or even over mineral makeup as long as you pat it on with a sponge. I was impressed with the versatility.
This one is definitely a keeper. It is acne safe as well.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camelia Oleifera (tea) Extract, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Flavor