September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers- Cocoa

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by whyneth

Now that this fabulous cocoa shade has been discontinued, has anyone found anything similar to replace? I've searched high and low with no success.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ilthatgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my day to day must have. It is a good moisturizer, great coverage and doesn't clump. Also has great staying power, reasonable, the mint taste is great for post-meal breath! Love it and lastly, you can get it at the drug store so super easy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been obsessed with BB lip shimmers for awhile now. I bought this color not for myself but for a friend who is very fair with auburn hair and brown eyes. This color ended up looking fantastic on her, perfect for her autumn coloring! She still wears it when I see her sometimes and I can't get over how nice it looks on her. Also, she is not a glitter person but loves this stuff, which is saying a lot. This make great little gifts :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by fly2the_sky

This shade is a hard-to-find cool brown with sparse shimmer.

From the reviews here I thought that it would be a plummy brown, I don't detect much plum/ purple it's more grey-ish. This shade is just like the old Bonne Bell LipLixx tinted balms in "express-yo-self", which I thought I'd never find again since it was discontinued. I'm not much for the mint flavor but it's not a problem either. Overall a great tint stick, I just wish this shade had more plum in it.

EDIT: I love the mint effect! Also I find the shade works even better when mixed with a little clear balm/ oil. A lovely MLBB .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cocoa is a nice neutral brown that is not too shimmery - a very natural brown color with some pleasant tingle and pretty darn good staying power. I love that the lip shimmers are slim enough to fit in my front pocket and easy to apply. Many of the colors in this line are awful, but this one, Toffee, Champagne, and Radiance I just love. And you really can't beat the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This feels more like a chalky lipstick than a tinted lip balm. Also, it has a stinging peppermint feel to it. I'm not talking about a nice tingle; this stuff has an uncomfortable sting to it. I'm giving it an extra lippie for the color, which is a perfect shimmery taupe but other than that, it is just awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by robbieb

I'm on my third stick of this. It's an absolutely gorgeous plummy brown shade that's like lip balm and shimmery and lovely and fairly goof proof. You can put it on without a mirror and not worry too much about the result. I love it! It even looks fabulous with a lipliner and a some gloss over it, but I think I like it best all by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by jll1637

My favorite lip stuff at the moment. I love glosses and tints and never liked lipstick. I always needs some color and hydration on the lips and this is perfect.....I have three in different places so I never run out! It looks the nicest and most natural when first put on Aquaphor.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: down to 3 lippies - the colour just isn't happening for me... makes my skintone look too dull. Other than that, marvellous product. i'd repurchase but a different colour. Here's my previous review:

Me: CCC (cool-based Caramel) an NC43/45 or CoverFX I40/B15. Extremely dry skin.Finally finally Burt's Bees came out with more colours to their Lip Shimmers line. Cocoa is one of thse new colours.Deeper cool-based neutral brown. BB's site says this has red in it, but i disagree - if anything, it's a plum/mauve-tinge. Has a bit of cool-hued shimmer to it, but not chalky/icy/overly frosty. Great colour for me. BUT 1 lippy off b/c if i apply just a bit too much - then it makes my lips look dead. Surprisingly good level of pigment, so not much is needed. Moisturizes well, even in winter conditions. Long-lasting. Tingly. Pepperminty but not overpoweringly so. Very good ingredients: Sunflower oil, castor oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, lanolin, cocoa seed butter, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (Vitamin E), peppermint oil, carnauba wax, rosemary leaf oil. May contain: Iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide. i'm very happy with this product and will repurchase. i might try Toffee next. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by hdbnsc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually rather like this product. Aside from the tingle (which I love) and the great color, it also lasts for a very long time. I put a little of my favorite lip plumper on top and away we go. It even fades to a good color. I don't love the packaging, but will definately buy again.