MAC MAC Liquid Liner

3.5

on 1/18/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan of this one. Hard to apply and not worth what you pay. I have it in the color boot black and I like the color but the consistency is not the best. Not easy to remove and it stings a bit on my sensitive skin. It might work if you have a really steady hand but i asked for a liquid eyeliner that was easy to apply and this isnīt.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was looking for a new eyeliner that would stay put all day long, a lot of girls recommended the MAC Liquid Liner to me. It's true - this product has a great staying power and won't smudge - you can basically go for a swim without worrying about it. Unfortunately, this also makes it pretty hard to take it off, even with an oil-based makeup remover. Every evening when taking my eye makeup off this would cost me a few lashes. Which is pretty tragic if you're Asian and thus not blessed with the most voluminous set of lashes.
I really liked the color of this - a real deep black, not watery at all.
However, there were SO many things that annoyed me about this product! First of all, the consistency becomes kind of gooey after a really short time. After only a few weeks, it became so gooey, it became more and more difficult to use it to draw a precise line. Also, anytime I would use this eyeliner it basically glued my lashes together.

For this price, I expected a much better product and was really disappointed.

Gladly, I've found my absolute HG eyeliner now - the Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner S which I wholeheartedly recommend.

on 7/31/2014 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was reccomended this by a sales lady in the black color.

I just really dislike this eyeliner, and I'm a mac junkie. The tip of the applicator broke quickly. The consistency is typical, but its quite a grey black which annoys me. It fades so easily throughout the day. It stings my eyes. I'm not sure if this is a waterproof formula, but I told the SA specifically I had very watery eyes and this doesn't work at all. It all comes streaking down. Ug!

The one thing I do like about it is that it is matte, not shiny.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I dont see how people can hate on this product. I love this eyeliner so much and its definitely my go-to for a winged look. I love the applicator and the packaging is great. The only issue i have is the price. Costs way too much in my opinon

on 6/23/2014 8:33:00 PM

I have this liquid eyeliner in the color "on the hunt" which is just black, i got it instead of the pen because the pen doesn't last that long and dries out fast. I'm not a big liquid eyeliner fan as i like the smokey look and smudging it out. But I thought i would try it out and see if having the perfect flick would make me change my mind. I dont know if i just dont like the look of liquid eyeliner or i just dont like this one but it comes off looking kind of shiny and takes a second coat to really see it. Also it peels when u take it off which i find odd and can get caught in your eyelashes. I like matte looking eyeliner so this was quite a disappointment.

on 2/27/2014 2:17:00 PM

I'd like to start off by saying that when it comes to liquid liners I am very picky! The first time I applies this liner I thought I wasn't going to like it because it went on sheer and I had to apply two layers. It's turns out I didn't shake the bottle. I did so for my second eye and the color was as black as can be. It was beautiful! This formula is thin (like most liquid liners) and dries to a matte which I love. The applicator is a pointy felt tip which I prefer as well. I did not have any allergic reactions or smudging issues. I actually really like ths product and have been using it every time I want a bold liner look.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three of these for I believe $30 a piece and I cannot tell you how unhappy I was. I had the worst break out of LIFE. I put it on over top my eye shadow and after 10 minutes I find myself clawing my eyes out then after I take it off my eyes swell to the point I cannot see... Horrible. Whatever is in it is very very horrible. * NOT SUGGESTED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN OR ALLERGIES! *

on 10/31/2013 8:17:00 AM

Thought I'd give the MAC liner a go as I fancied a change from using the Loreal one.
Its ...OK... , but cant say I've been converted or think its worth the extra money tbh.
It's pretty easy to apply but the colour smudges easily, and when doing a winged liner look it wears off at the corners quickly so you need to reapply. Also as its only a tiny applicator tip you need to keep re-dipping it into the product when applying.
I usually love MAC so I'm a bit disappointed - just goes to show that some products are worth paying extra for and some just arent!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS STUFF. IT'S SO BAD! the color runs out so quickly it wont stay on for a day. it goes crackly after a while and then fades away. the pricing is SO NOT WORTH IT compared to the actual product itself.

on 10/7/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This eyeliner is absolutely awful. The brush to apply the eyeliner is so stiff and sharp! The formula itself is watery and needs to be gone over a couple times to get a solid line. It's like something you'd expect from a 99 cents store...