December 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Crimson Glamour

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by divinei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade. I am sad that it was LE, and wish Revlon would re-introduce this. It is a deep burgundy, candy red. It has just a touch of shimmer/micro glitter that is only visible in direct sunlight. Gives a classy, elegant mani. I did three coats to give more opacity. Used Seche Vite as a top coat, and have not seen any shrinkage. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

Amazing color, doesn't chip early I love it! I got it on sale too...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I love Revlon polishes. They are my favourite. This was a LE from a couple of years ago. It is a deep wine red with subtle gold shimmer. Maybe it's because the bottle is old but the polish was a little thick and streaky on the first coat, second coat got much better and the third coat left me with a deep vampy colour. It's not summer-y at all but then again, I wear brights on my toes all year around, this rich colour makes for a nice change :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a gorgeous deep cherry crimson. A hint of gold shimmer (just a tad) which makes it look deeper than a cream... but essentially it comes off as a cream. I found it at Big Lots and I was happy as a clam. What a find!

THE COLOR

If wine is a deep red and burgundy is a purply red, this is a wine. The first coat was streaky and showed as Essie Macks in the thin part, a glossy sheer red. But the second coat filled in lovely and lusciously. The color looks like a deeply layered intense deep red. The shimmer inside is hardly noticable. The color is not so much changed by the shimmer but the gloss looks deeper. There is just something very hot and intense about the color. The tones are warm and at times a brick hue comes out but it's sooo much darker and redder than brick over all.

THE APPLICATION/TEXTURE

I did not care much for the texture. I found it to be somewhat gloppy and inconsistent. When I applied it I had a bit of a problem backing the brush closer to my cuticles. The brush lay all angular and thick. The application was very thick and the first coat was dreadful but the second fixed it up a bit. A few bubbles were in the color and I didn't care because it was so dark you can't really see. By the way, Crimson Glamour is not at all as sheer as Essie Macks but I for some reason had a really inconsidted application.

OVERALL

I really needed a deep vampy color to cheer me up after all the pales and pinks I've been doing lately. This Crimson Glamour was a huge change of pace. I feel a lot more subtle and ladylike now than my loud holographic DS colors I've been wearing. I know it's spring but I am wearing a black dress today to show off this color. It would look killer in a pair of boots but heck, I'll probably wear sandals. And I am definitely adding a drop of thinner to the bottle. If the bottle in the brush was making the nail polish lie down all angular, I am going to try a different brush. But I'm not knocking off any points today for the brush... the color makes up for it.