September 19, 2014 | 1906 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - Lavshuca lipstick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging, it's sturdy and cute. The colours are beautiful & leans to moderately sheer. No funky taste or fragrance BUT the amount of glitter in the lipstick is insane. I am still on the fence on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lavshuca has a beautiful range of lip colors but they are all too sheer! This formulation may be the most pigmented out of the 4 or 5 varieties the brand has. I try to get more mileage out of the product by layering it with a nude lipstick. Kate (also a drugstore line from Kanebo) makes a good one called Lipstick ND.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color choice is good for a drugstore brand! Long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

This is the first lipstick I've purchased because I was a lipgloss girl, and the Lavshuca Jewel lipsticks were so cute I purchased 2, which were BE-2 and PK-1. Both colors go on slightly sheer with a hint of color and I didn't notice any shimmer. It looks more like a colored lipbalm to me. It does go on smooth depending on the weather, like if it's warm it's smoother than when it's cold.
The only problem I found with these lipsticks is the color doesn't go on very even. The color tends to get deposited in the smallest lines I have on my lips if they're just a tad dry, and this gets annoying when I want to swipe it on a couple times to get the full color on, so I find that I can only swipe it on my lips max. 2 times before it seems uneven. It feels sort of dry on my lips and they don't feel as moisturizing. Other than that, the colors look really nice.
For about $11CAD it's kind of expensive for such a small product even though it looks really cute. For someone that's a regular lipstick user, this would probably be finished in a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the cute mini case one.....it's tiny lipstick. LOL. So cute, in the pic looks like normal size lipstick. But, this is more like a mini lip balm case. The texture is a little sheer for my lip tone. I have pigmented lip, natural mauve purplish, which is hard to find a good lipstick that will show up the same as in the case. Color turns out so so, sheer to light. I think it's good for lighter skin gals and lighter hair.
UPDATE: Too tiny, I lost it somewhere in the purse or I dropped it. Bleh!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this following dear Albion advise as i did many times before and once again she is right. This is in fact a great mauve-ish nude-beige. I'm not saying it has the quality of Guerlain or GA l/s of course, but the texture is quite pleasant and sheer. Great for pairing with grey or dark smokey look.
This is from the jewel collectio, BE-1 "Tokyo Topazero"

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by genieguess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought BE2 from the jewel collection. I never wear lipstick but the packing was so cute i had to get it and OMG this colour is sooooooooooo pretty. It looks very nude,just like your original lipcolour but better in a way others won't be able to tell you're wearing lippy. I think it's more of a matt colour considering all those jewels inside. I'm addicted. One problem with it though, it's only 1.8g!!!! and it's sooooo small, i feel like it could run out in just one week and the price is just not really worth it for a 1.8g lipstick>.< i got it for NZ$18 But i really want to try the other colours in the range, will order some on the next shipment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'll admit... I bought this because I was obsessed with the packaging. The printing inside the lipstick of the word "Lavshuca" was too cute. I picked the color PK2 - it is a bright pink color with visible shimmers. The lipstick is very soft, and the color goes on sheer and is very shiny and moisturizing. I did not end up liking the color PK2, but would definitely like to try other colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 8:55:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Lavshuca is one of Kanebo's subbrands only available in Japan so far. Their packaging is really cute and princessly and so far I liked all products from their line I've tried.

Their lipstick is sleek and rather slim, made of pretty pinkish silver metal with some ornaments around the opening of the cap. (please see pic down to get an idea what I am trying to describe :P)

The lipsticks are very soft and give a glossy finish to my lips with medium pigment. I feel they are very moisturizing, leaving my lips soft and smooth. Due to the texture being so soft they aren't long-lasting but I don't mind reapplying anyway! :D
There is no added fragrance or taste, which is always great IMO! I hate overly perfumed lip products!

Those lipsticks are medium priced at 1680 Yen/each (about US$15 or so), but I think they are worth it.

I think there are about 10-12 colors available currently. I have the following 3:

BE-1: The first lipstick I got from Lavshuca. A nude pinky-beige for a soft natural look

RS-2: Beautiful light mauve/pink. This is a MLBB color on me!

RD-1: This is my absolute fave! It's now my HG red! It's such a gorgeous juicy shimmery cherry red! I will definitely get this one again if I run out of it (which will happen, I am sure! =O)

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

continued >>