October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clarins - Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Living in Florida, I need heavy duty sun protection year round. I have very pale skin (NC15) and at 35 I am starting so see fine lines around my eyes. Some sunscreens I have used in the past have migrated into my eyes causing intense pain and redness (and this pain lasts until I can rinse the sunscreen off, which is a problem if I am outside all day and unable to wash).

I discovered this wonderful Clarins product which received many great reviews on MUA. The texture of this sunscreen is perfect - light without being oily or greasy, sinks into skin really fast and doesn't sting if it gets into your eyes. I noticed no fragrance which is always good if you have sensitive eyes and skin (and I was surprised as Clarins are quite well known for adding fragrance to their products.) It did leave a slight white cast to my skin, but I wear makeup over it anyway so this is no problem for me.

I have noticed that this product isn't as moisturizing as I would like, and I do have to use a separate eye cream, or very emmolient concealer, over the top. It also caused one of my concealers to ball up and clump on my skin, which was a disappointment, but it is fine with other concealers and foundations.

I would have preferred a higher SPF but considering that this doesn't run into my eyes or cause pain then I am happy having SPF30. All in all, this product is definitely one I will be repurchasing even despite the high price tag for such a small tube.

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (8.1%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethy Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Mannitol, Glycerin, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Cyclodextrin, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Platanus Occidentalis Bark Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Dextrin, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Extract.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is really wonderful stuff!
    It doesn't irritate my eyes.I use it everyday,for some years now.Always under my eyes and sometimes on the upper lid,but on the upper lid i put some moisturizing cream first.
    The skin under my eyes is smooth with no wrinkles!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I bought this because I wear contacts and was tired of always worrying about sunblock getting into my eyes. This stuff is pretty good - does not water into my eyes or make my contacts blurry. (Elizabeth Arden Prevage Suncreen had me living the blurry life...it was all bad) The only thing is is that it is nothing special for 30 dollars. Probably won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by keiradead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a sunblock for eye area. I saw the reviews here are so good that i think this will be the right one for me. Reviews include no milia seeds, not too oily. etc.

I used then i have to stop. Used and stopped. Because it gives me milia seeds on the upper eyelids and lower even when i tried to apply very little.
    I am surprised that none of the reviews here state that.

Is it only me? Most of the ppl said it's dry. I find it oily and sticky, if u try to feel it by patting ur fingers on areas applied. Maybe it's because most ppl wear make-up or powder over it. I bought the lancome uv expert for eyes, even more oily, gives milia seeds. But my colleague using the uv expert has not complaints, maybe she applies makeup on top of it, so it will matte it out. Not sure.

At the moment i just try to look for a big sunglass.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by nadi143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aside from the fact that it is an spf 30 eye cream it blows. No moisture, makes skin look worse esp. with makeup. Big let down. I prefer shiseidos spf eye cream but haven't tried any others. (oily skin prone to milia -=sad face=-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I repurchase this product about once a year, and my experience with it has been excellent. I use this light cream on a daily basis for sun protection and a little bit of moisture (if you are expecting something that provides a lot of hydration, however, then this is not the product for you). Having had problems with milia from a variety of eye creams in the past, I can safely report that I've had no issues whatsoever with this product - a little drop is all that needed for each eye, and makeup applies well over it. I use it on the lids, the outer corners, and under the eyes, and simply follow with a bit of shadow primer before applying color (I like Too Faced Shadow Insurance or MAC's Soft Ochre Paint Pot). Just be certain to blend it in well, as it is a white sunscreen. Given that I use it every day and it is oil-free (a big plus for my combination skin), I find the price point very reasonable and will definitely continue to repurchase this product. Oil-free daily eye creams with SPF are practically non-existent at any price, and this is definitely the best in its class.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

went to sephora for the first time and this was my first want. and i have to say i love this so much.
    slightlu brightens my undereye, no fragrance, i like the tube, doesny irritate :D

although this product doesny moisturize the eye (doesnt say that it will anyways) so i use another moisuriziny eye cream but i leave it for 15mins before it.
    the price is $40 for 20ml but i couldnt find any other eye spf so and i only take teeeny tiny bit. do remember to use a creamy or a somewhat heavy eye cream because this can dry your under eye.
    the consistency is somewhat runny liquid but dries out pretty fast.
    oh and also becareful when applying other eye cream or any makeup products like cream concealer or pressed powder over it cuz it could leave you with white cast ish. so just pat it dont drag it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by AleneM

I really like this. It's true that it is basically just a sunscreen, and that it leaves a slight whitish cast. But with my fair skin, this works really well to just brighten the under eye area. I use this as my daily under-eye cream and it disguises any dark circles a bit while helping to prevent wrinkles. It hasn't given me any problems, which is something given that I break out from almost any sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good sunscreen. But that's all it is.It offers nothing in the way of moisturisation. It dosen't contain any ingredients beneficial to skin ie antioxidants.When I used this I had to use a seperate eye cream underneath. Bit pointless really. I'm not an eye cream person. I firmly believe that if you are using a well formulated face cream that you can use it around eyes, especially as a lot of eye creams do not contain sunscreen, so are useless for day use. A good face cream with spf that contains added vitamins and antioxidants would be my choice these days.I wouldn't buy this again, not because it's a bad product, but for the above reasons. Anyone who is going to buy this, it's expensive , but lasts for ages and comes in a bigger than normal tube, 20ml instead of the usual 15, so it works out not too bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I apply this after lotion. Once it's dry, I put Revlon Colorstay foundation over it. The result: I look 50 - it settles into the wrinkles under my eyes. There's this weird buildup of white gunk all around my eyes. Just horrible.