April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by maja1502

The best cleanser in the world! I had terrible, inflamed acne, and this clenaser transformed my skin in 5 days! Its so gentle, but so effective. I use it with Special cucumber lotion and I put drying cream or lotion on problem areas at night. Since I discovered MB, i am a new person. Nothing can compare to this brand, I TRIED EVERYTHING!
Bye bye heavy foundations and red skin.
I am a happy woman now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Of all of the MB products I own, this is the one that I feel just didn't work for my skin. I have very sensitive and dry skin. In a moment of desperation (I felt like just nothing would get rid of my flaring up acne!) I ran to Ulta and purchased this at the recommendation of a MB consultant that happened to be there. I took it home and immediately added it to my routine, and kept using it for a few days. I am not a fan of the smell, personally. The cleanser itself, to me, didn't seem like it cleaned nearly as well as a lot of the other products I usually use. I should have just stuck to my Cetaphil and MB Gycolic Acid Cleanser. I felt like this product made me break out more... maybe the initial reaction to a new product? I have used it since and I don't mind it as much as I did before. It is antibacterial, which I tend to try to avoid for facial cleansers, so I rarely use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Britini250

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first few days I used this my skin was awesome and then after about day four it made me break out so bad. I usually just have one or two pimples here and there but this made me have pimple clusters. I was not happy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a very basic and pleasant cleanser. Good for people with sensitive skin, because I have sensitive skin and my skin dries out usually after I wash my face, this cleanser does not do that.

It smells good actually, it doesnt foam and yet it cleans my skin thoroughly. If I use suncare, I would use this twice. Otherwise washing my face once is enough with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

My skin was no better using the Mario Badescu acne line than it was with Neutrogena, so I went back to Neutrogena which is considerably cheaper. I have combination skin and get adult acne mostly on my chin and occasionally on my nose. I'm now going to try the Solvere line which gets rave reviews....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First purchased with the MB acne kit and when i ran i out, i had already made sure i had a 6 oz. bottle. This has been great for my sensitive skin. Smells good and not caustic: mild, and quite worth the money IMO. My only con is the packaging; with it being held in a clear plastic bottle, one cannot leave it in a warm place. Makes me wonder if it is BPA free?... don't let that deter you from purchasing. It's deep cleansing without drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by irf7

I actually really liked this cleanser. I got it for free with a purchase, but I was hesitant to use it as I find gels and foaming cleansers, really stripping and actually cause more breakouts. I used this for a few weeks, and it was actually quite good.

It did control my breakouts so I might buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by WeakAdrenaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cleanser that had anti bacterial properties, because my pimples and acne pimples just weren't going away unless I slathered benzac on them every night O_O

I started using this, and I have noticed a reduction in the number of acne pimples I get. I was using it every day for the first few weeks, and I find that a little bit goes a long way. Currently, I use it every other night either with an exfoliation pad or my clarisonic.

I don't find the smell to be bad at all, it just smells clean to me, like I know using this is doing what it's supposed to do, and I dig that!

Great product, I'll definitely keep using it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product as good, meaning effective enough for for daily use/maintenance, for MILD acne-prone skin. As expected, it comes with an alcohol-like smell but it lathers on easily and cleanses well. I use this once to twice a day and it doesn't dry the skin. Pretty pricey for a simple, but I think it's worth it for both preventive and therapeutic purposes for those prone to have MILD acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

I am actually using a sample that I received from Nordstrom and think that it is a really great product. I only use it once a day (during my nighttime regime) and use another cleanser for my mornings. It takes off your makeup and is non foaming (which through me off because I'm so used to seeing some bubbles like washing my face but apparently seeing these doesn't necessarily mean its cleansing the skin anyway) and I then follow it up with the Special Glycolic Cleansing Lotion, and so far my skin has been transformed! I have been going through a crazy time of STRESS STRESS STRESS and my skin has shown it. Thankfully I found Mario's products and am currently using this along with the toner, his body wash, special cleansing lotion o and am very happy with my results. Within the first 2 weeks, I must admit that it looked like it may have been getting worse, but I'm on my 3rd week and have seen drastic results on getting clearer skin and being back to its norm.