September 18, 2014 | 867 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have a problem with the moisturizing capability of this cream. It is good, in fact a light moisturizer as the name suggests. Definitely not as greasy as the Nivea brand cream available in the blue jar.
The smell is hard to describe - metallic, ripe. Like some previous reviewers mentioned, it has a nauseating effect. I have also gotten headaches after using this cream. Additionally, this creme has all the possible parabens concoction, compared to the original Nivea creme.
It also causes the hair on the hands and legs to grow faster. Strange, but I never had this problem with using other creams or even the original Nivea creme.

I prefer the thicker version which also smells nicer (floral scent) - the original 'Nivea moisturizing Creme'.

Pros - light moisturizer. Not heavy or greasy.
Cons - horrible smell, several parabens and other chemicals in the ingredients, too light a moisturizer to really do anything good for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by vocadenza

I use this as my go to cream for dry patches e.g. elbows and heels. It goes on really well, nourishing and moisturizing. It's not sticky and absorbs quickly. Smells clean, as with the other Nivea body products. Paired with oily skin and hot humid climate of the tropics however, it's not the best face moisturizer there is. I'm sure this works nicely with drier skin, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Cheap(I got a 200ml tub for 3)
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't feel greasy
Give a lot of moisture
Skin looks refreshed

Cons:
It makes my skin look a little shiny, but nothing a little bit of powder can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am recovering from my acne and this hasnt broken me out. I use this only at night as I dislike using any moisturisers during the day under my makeup. This is cheap, it works and doesnt cause any breakouts on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely looove this product. It is simply amazing. Super affordable, super moisturising and the smell is just mmmm. It's no wonder this product is difficult to get hold of for me! (All shops I go to are usually sold out of this)

There aren't many cons with this product. I don't like using it on my hands as I don't feel it moisturises them enough for me, and also it feels kind of heavy and a little sticky. Also, I cannot use this product on my t-zone as it makes my face very oily and just gross.

However, it is an incredible moisturiser. It's weird but my chin gets dry as seasons and weather changes. But this product helps to combat that dry skin, and does not break my chin out in the process. I also sometimes get little dry patches on my arms and this product does the trick and helps to get rid of them. I love the texture of the cream. Also the smell is amazing, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love the smell, I love the moisture, its just the packaging that bothers me. But nothing personal with the product. Works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this cream moisturises very well. Its effect lasts long and it isnt sticky. would definately buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by MSmith99

I use this product day and night. I don't really mind that it doesn't have SPF because I don't burn easily. My skin is normal but I do have this dry patch on my right cheek. This is very hydrating and gives a cooling effect. When I put it on it feels really refreshing and makes my skin feel smooth. It does have a slight frangrance, it's this really nice fresh smell which I find pleasant, however if you don't like fragrances it's actually quite subtle and it wears off soon after you apply the moisturiser. I love the fact that's in a pot so you can decide how much you want, the product is a semi thick consistency but you can't feel it on your face once applied. I also tried mixing this with my bb cream and they blend easily and evenly together. Lovely product, would definitely recommend if you want something simple for day and night.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by alynn05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product really moisturize my skin. I only use this at night. Cause It's a little bit heavy and no spf If i used this in day. I have a combination-oily skin but sometimes it makes my face oilier. Idk why so this product is just fine but this is not my HG moisturizer. I recommend this to those people who has dry-normal skin, also on sensitive skin. Plus, its paraben free and affordable. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kookiemonsterz

This is a great product! It is very moisturizing and leaves your skin silky soft. I've tried some other nivea face moisturizers, like the nourishing day cream. Although that one is very good for dry patches and has SPF 15, I find it a bit too heavy on my skin and it actually made my skin less soft! This is the perfect consistency for a moisturizer and is probably my favourite next to the aveeno clear complexions daily moisturizer - for a fraction of the cost! Will buy this over and over.