November 27, 2014 | 1623 users online

Powder - Aubrey Organics - Natural Translucent Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I chose this powder based on the great reviews. I have only used this for a week but so far I am quite happy with it.

I bought this as a finishing powder to replace my favourite Jurlique Silk Finishing Powder.

For starters, I love that it has a very simple ingredients list. Another thing I love that it has a tint, so evens out my skintone nicely and has a diffuse effect giving my skin an even, smooth look (when it is quite the contrary!).

This has a sheer coverage so I cannot wear this alone due to my acne, unfortunately. For someone with fairly good skin, this can be use alone for a healthy look. I have been getting a lot of new spots this week. I am hoping it is just T.O.M. related and not from this!

For $20, it is twice the size of any powders I have ever seen. It will last me a very long time! If I do find that this is the cause of my breakouts, I will definitely update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by freespirit369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great powder. I have it in porcelain, and it matches my pale skin perfectly. It smells like cinnamon, which I like. I use it to set my tarte tinted moisturizer. It is $20, but the container is a decent size and will last a while. It doesn't have enough coverage for me to be used as a powder foundation, but with the tinted moisturizer underneath, it is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love just about anything Aubrey. After reading reviews on here I HAD to try this. The smell is a nice cinnamon, which normally I like but could do without. It doesn't do much in the way of coverage so I use it to set my foundation. It blends well and isn't cakey. Unfortunately I used this at the same time as a new foundation and broke out horribly. I stopped using both and just used the powder for two days. On day two I had a few little pimples :( I'm SO SAD. I love this and you get a ton for the price. I'll either pass it on to my stepmom or just use it once in a while. Now I'm just hoping it wasn't the Tarte foundation giving me the huge pimples (please just be PMS!!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Emmy7220

I have been using Aubrey's hair products for awhile and decided to try their makeup as well. For the most part I really love it. I love the smell, it's not caky or heavy and it makes my face feel soooo soft. My only problem is the color. I'm white/black so I have light tan skin.But most my friends who go tanning are tanner than I am and it's always hard to pick a shade of makeup. Anyways I bought it in tan and it almost makes my face look dirty. But since I feel like it's so much better for my skin than other makeup and there is a lot I like about it I still use it. It lasts a long time but when it finally runs out I'm going to try a shade lighter and then I think I will love it 100%!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tabbiecatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad powder foundation! It's a little expensive, but you get a lot of product. It smells like cinnamon and covers well... however it goes on very matte for me. And by matte, I mean more on the "flat" side. It can look heavy easily.
Overall, it's a good all natural choice with quality ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

PROS:
-all natural
-you get a ton of product so you def. get your moneys worth
-super smooth and silky
-no strong scent
-light weight

CONS:
-expensive $29
-its lasting power isnt the best
-looks a bit orangey/too tannish, well on me at least. I got it in Beige maybe i should have went a shade lighter.
-container is big and bully and a ton of powder comes out so be carful.

UPDATE will not be using this anymore! Just found out that silk powder comes from worms and i just happen to have a huge phobia of worms X( BLAH never. again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For me this was dirt cheap - I was give it by a friend who couldn't use it as it flared her roseasa. She had both the "beige" and "porcelain" to mix because neither matched her and gave me both. I only tried the porcelain and the beige is to dark.

It's true, these have next to no coverage but I don't need much. I applied concealer where needed and applied. And started to itch almost immediately. I react this way to most products I try. I only wore it a few hours on a Saturday while running errands and took it off when arriving home. I had 2 very small white heads on my chin that night. So this doesn't work for me either.

That said, I do think this is a high quality, good powder if you aren't sensitive skinned. And it smells lovely, like cinnamon. The package is HUGE and while the price seems high when you get as much as you do, it really isn't.

For anyone curious and wanted to try it, I do have both colors up for swap on my swap list as of 10-08-10!

Me, I'll stick with my Physicians Formula mineral wear pressed powder and stop straying. I suggest that for someone like me, with uber sensitive skin who only want that extra little something to even out skin and cover pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is pretty good. It's not a good setting powder though, especially for concealer. But on it's own it's good, it makes your skin nice and soft, and it smells good too! Plus the ingredients are excellent, very natural and good for your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ESMorin

I really liked this powder better than I expected. First of all, you get a TON for the price. It is a bit expensive, but not when you look at the total weight that you get. I am a fair/light, and the porcelain/beige is perfect. It is really great at oil control, which I really like. Plus, it doesn't dry me out. It gives sheer/moderate coverage, which I like. It has a nice (not over-powering at all) scent of cinnamon. I only have two-downsides, and they are very minor: 1) if you use too much, it CAN look a little chalky - you just have you blend really well (and possibly use a little setting spritz) and 2) the color is really 1-dimensional. For coverage, this works well. Some people just like a little more depth in the color of their base. Otherwise, I would totally recommend this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder, it's my HG!!! I use the Tan as a bronzer/setting powder. The oil control of this powder is really amazing!!! I have been searching for a good oil absorbing powder and bought this on a whim, it doesn't say anything about helping leave your face matte but it does! This powder is mica & bismuth free so less chance of an allergic reaction. I love how this powder smells too, like cinnamon :-)! Also love that the ingredients are natural/organic! Slightly expensive, but the jar you get is huge!