November 24, 2014 | 1830 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Lover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite red lipstick. I came upon it a few years ago after seeing a fair skinned celebrity wearing it in a magazine. It is a true blue-red! I had been on a quest for the perfect blue-red for the better part of my life. I am red headed and fair. This lipstick compliments my colouring perfectly! As with any Chanel product, its pricey but well worth it when I think of all of the other red lipsticks that I have bought that were never quite right. I always have 2 tubes just in case one gets lost or I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium toned skin, so this is a perfect color for medium toned girls. It such a pretty blue based red. It does look purple if you are not careful - just wear it with non-pastel colored clothing, as it picks up any pastel from your clothing. I get a ton of compliments on it. It blends well with other paler lip colors, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel lipsticks seem to work for a lot of people, but sadly not for me. I have similar problems with this as with my Rouge Coco - it goes on patchy, doesn't moisturise and forms a lipliner ring. I bought Guerlain's Rouge Automatique along with this and the difference in quality for me is vast. This doesn't even work well as a tint over a balm, it still somehow accentuates my dry skin. I can only use it fairly successfully if my lips are completely smooth and healed.
The two points are mainly for packaging, shade and finish. Other than that, my cheap Dermacol Lip Seduction lipstick does a better job than this. And guess what, it has that click-pull opening mechanism too. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by 600pounds

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the 1st red lipstick I own and I like it! It's like a deeper blue based red with fine shimmers in it. It's moisturizing so it glides on easily and feels very comfortable on the lips. It also lasts decently, I usually only have to retouch once or twice in a day. It's full on boldness so it's a good choice for those who have pigmented lips and want true color to show.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Lover was a gift, but I know it is a really expensive lipstick, so I took the cost factor into account while reviewing it.

As I have fair skin with yellow tones, Lover comes across as a purply-red when swiped onto my lips right from the tube. It looks gaudy and really unflattering that way. FYI, Lover is a blue red.

However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly as a stain, it works wonderfully with my skintone as it comes as a lovely light rose shade that makes my lips look natural yet polished at the same time. It is almost like I can't exactly tell if I'm wearing any lip products, but the lips look so pretty and others can't help but keep wondering!

Texture-wise, it is fine. Moisturizing, pretty long-wearing (could be because I wear it as a stain), 4-5 hours before I work a tiny little bit into my lips again.

I might not repurchase it again because looking at the way I'm using it, it will last for eons. Also, the shade does not really work for me, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe I will repurchase it for memory's sake, but the verdict remains unclear. Not totally impressed, but Chanel lipsticks are the kind of benchmark I set for other lip products I buy because the quality is really out there for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by JillyBeaner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a happy consumer off the bat, because I was really in love with my "Coco Red" Hydrabase. I loved the rose scent and taste of my Hydrabase (weird I know). Anyway "Lover" is too purple-y for my dark skin and comes out looking more cordovan, than red. The only thing cool about this is the packaging. If I had been in the market for a mauve colored lipstick, I would have been over the moon with "Lover" but as a replacement of the Hydrabase "Coco Red" red. Not. So. Much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

I didn't expect to like it when I saw how it looked in the tube but what a diffference when it's on the lips! Gorgeous colour - classical red that is not too bright, not too light and can be universally flattering. It's very moisturizing and it does not bleed which is the best combo. Unfortunately, it's not an everyday colour but I think that every girl has to have a classic red lipstick to match her little black dress.
The only negative side is the price (keep in mind it's more of a special occasion lipstick) but I do think that it's so pretty it won't get a lippie off because of this :)
And the packaging is superb - such a pleasure taking it out of the bag and reapplying (something that doesn't really happen often since it's super long-wearing!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mvollmar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lover is a softer blue-toned red with a slight frost effect. At my age I prefer this shade over a true blue red. It isn't as harsh looking. It seems to go well with fair-medium skin tones. I have received compliments when I wear it. I bought it to wear for Christmas and New Year's Eve. I own Ruby nail polish by ES, which is a blue toned red. I think it will be a good match for it. Nice packaging with the click lid. It won't come open in your purse. It takes me a while to go through a lipstick, so I am not sure it will still be available when I finish it sometime in the next year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by firsttaste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lover is a creamy rose red. Dabbed on the lips it gives me a bitten stain more on the pink side, full on it morphes into a deeper red color, cool and rich but still sophisticatedly muted and wearable. The formula is mosturizing, glides on smoothly and wears well for a long time. I'm a sucker for elegant packaging, so the sleek black tube with the click bottom makes my little snob heart sigh in bliss evertime I pull it out of my makeup bag. My favourite way to wear this lipstick is with quite a lot of soft pink blush, curled lashes without mascara and a soft curl in my hair. Youthful with a twist.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by redaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love love love this lipstick! I got it on my birthday and wore it all day and all night. I thought with such an intense colour it would fade or smudge and I would be retouching it all the time. I kept going to the bathroom to check it but it was always fine! Unbelievable. Its a gorgeous red, deep, luscious and sexy. Certainly not for those days when you don't want to be noticed!