April 16, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Guava

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nope. I hardly ever write a bad review, but don't waste your money. I love Burt's and this is the only item, I will never wear it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is very disappointing. It delivers nothing but 100% lilac shimmer. It looks absolutely hideous on lips, and I don't think it could be used alone, unless you incorporate it over more pigmented lipstick or gloss. It does not moisturize lips much. The tube itself is tiny, which provides little product for money.
Somebody mentioned that it is similar to nivea's pearl shine. The idea of a product might be similar, but nivea does a way better job of moisturizing , adding subtle shimmer and it does not make lips look like a disco ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't used Burts Bees lip shimmer since 2005, when I often bought Nutmeg. In the past yrs since then, I've gravitated to cool-tone lip colors, and since I missed BB's trademark mint tingle factor, my 1st pick is Guava. And it's a hit! If you know me, I love purple/pink/lilac colors w/ shimmer and subtle frost effect. This is a beautiful cool-tone light pink/lilac with shimmers and is perfect alongside tan and pale skin alike. I wear this with a layer of Nivea Shimmer lip care underneath. ~*~

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

The idea of this product is good, but in reality it's terrible.

I already purchased this in the shade 'Fig' and found it way too dark for me, and thought this would be a good shade since it wasn't as dark, but wasn't one of the lightest. NOPE!

It's like baby pink/lavender sparkly, shimmery, nightmare. It's almost as bad as Nivea Pearl lipbalm, except unlike that, this isn't thick and dry. This has glitter in it, I can actually feel the particles.

Since this was somewhat pricey for what it is, I thought I could get it to work somehow. My idea = putting it on top of darker shades of lipstick to lighten them up. It didn't work, it just made them look super frosty, and like I was wearing dark lipliner with a super light lipstick inside - the tacky late 90's early 2000's look. I really wish I never bought this.

Did I mention the tube is nearly impossible to locate in any size purse because of how small it is? It would be lost forever if it wasn't a bright yellow tube. Needless to say, I won't be wasting my money experimenting with these anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bummed about this. I love Burt's Bees and usually they are sophisticated, simple, and elegant products. This however looks like it was taken out of a 14 year olds make-up kit. It is very shimmery with almost a glitter. I thought the color was going to just be a blush but instead it is an icy pink that shimmers. I think this could be a cool look on occasions, but it is not the awesome every-day product I was looking for. Probably going to give it away to my little cousin or throw it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is any okay product. I got this a couple years ago, and I tried it again and I don't think that it's the most amazing lip shimmer in the world. It goes on sort of uneven on my lips, the pepper-minty feeling and smell is something I don't like. And I had to push the product down with my finger when I twisted it all the way. Also it looks really icy and doesn't look to great on me, and the taste isn't pleasant either. But I would use it to add some extra shimmer to any lipsticks that I would buy in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the minty scent of this on my lips, and the texture and overall feel. It's the color that makes this a non-repeater. It's a shimmery pink, and comes across as a bit too pale and icy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. The color is pretty blech, it's a weird cool pink that is really really shimmery, to the point that applying it feels like it's scratching at your lips. My friends also said to me that it was quite unflattering. I would definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by confetti13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color! It does tend to dry out my lips a little so I apply the lip balm before.
It's small so it's portable and the design is very easy to use.
It is a little bit pricey because it's organic though.
I STILL LOVE IT(:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Danniekitten

I love this stuff! The color is amazing

I have fair skin and long black hair,,and I love that lavender/ pink color I see on celebs...sometime u see them wearing a lilac frosted gloss..
this totally gives that look and it doesnt give that sticky look feel gloss does..
its quick and stays on pretty well...
The only reason I didnt give it a full 5 is because I noticed when I put it on and worked all morning and couldnt touch up, my lips got a touch dry and it felt like it was peeling...mind u this was with no drinking or eating anything, so my mouth was dry and my lips started to dry.
This isnt so much as a hydrating treatment.
But if u dont want that sticky effect but u want that frosted touch of moisture,,,this does it!