August 2, 2014 | 911 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure - Exotic

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by puchki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Chanel Rouge Allure in #21 in Exotic on a whim at the airport. Best.Buy.Ever. Its a nice warm orange-red that's not too loud and very wearable. I've worn it in the day, in the evening-causally, for desi weddings-everywhere. Till I realised that I should probably get another one(One for each bag-that's how much I love this baby) and then it turns out that they've discontinued it. My hunt for Exotic this side of the Prime meridian came to nought. Amsterdam they told me it was only for the Asian market and Hong Kong they told me it was discontinued.
So this really just a tribute for my favourite lipstick that now sits in my bag reserved for special occasions. If you find this being sold somewhere, please let me know. And if you, like me feel strongly about the colour and would like to petition Chanel or something, count me in!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

CHANEL allure is no doubt the best lipstick in the universe, and the only product that I believe every woman should own one for that sexy red lips! This is so far the best review I've given to one product and why?

Pros:
- The texture is so smooth and buttery, feels super soft and luxurious on the lips

- Extremely pigmented, great color payoff

- Super hydrating and long lasting

- Perfect color, that's the kind of red you've seen on the movie star and wondering what lipstick does she wear?

- The packaging is so elegant and sophisticated, I mean come on, which woman doesn't want it in their purse?

- The only CHANEL product I feel it's actually worth more than what I paid for. I bought it in 2009 and still has 1/3 of the product left. Although I don't use it daily (it's that red and exotic that you only want to use it for special occasions), but come on, this long? it's like $5 for each year's events, special occasions, nights out... (I bought the Dior Addict around the same time and used it at the same frequency, it ran out in one year)

Cons:
-There is no cheaper substitute, so I will always have to pay the CHANEL price for the perfect red lipstick.

Tips, make sure exfoliate and moisturize your lips well before applying it. No lipstick will smooth out the dry patches that are already on the lips, instead it will make them look more visible. To get the long-lasting result, apply one layer of lipstick and cover it up with tissue to remove the moisture, then apply another layer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I consider this the orange I have been looking for. Very similar to Guerlain Gipsy, but Gipsy is slightly frostier (more gold frost) and a little warmer. DCed but found it on ebay. Also Guerlain Rouge Auto in 141 is similar too, but that also seemed too warm for me and also perhaps a little lighter.

This RA seems to have a bit more slip than others I have tried. (not my favorite thing, but OK).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Exotic is one of my favorite RAs, and was a bear to track down since it's been DC'd for a while. It's an incredibly pretty coral that pulls more orange than pink--which I think is rare, as most coral lippies tend to pull pink. There's gold shimmer sprinkled in the lippy, but it's incredibly fine and adds a very subtle sheen on the lips. Like most RAs Exotic is creamy and long-lasting. If you can find a tube of Exotic, definitely pick it up as it's the perfect color for spring and summer. If you can't, Rouge Allure Velvet La Ravissante is an almost exact dupe but obviously more matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

From the packaging to the formula, everything about this lipstick screams "luxury." More than just a pretty package, Chanel's Rouge Allure lipsticks wear beautifully, the formula weightlessly hugs your lips with color without building up or getting gunky, and Exotic is no exception. A creamy coral pink, Exotic is particularly fun as a summer color. It's a great choice for a casual summer outfit, but I also like to wear it with my work ensembles to add a bit of summer fun to corporate dress. Paired with a peach cheek and minimal eye makeup, Exotic really makes my blue eyes pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

Love this lipstick to death, it's a coral orangy lipstick which brightens up my complexion immediately. I've bought it around june last year and have used it frequently ever since. I do use this lipstick together with a lipgloss, because it's a little too bright on it's own. Only when I feel confident enough, I will use this lipstick on it's own. Any lipgloss you'll use it together with, the combination will no doubt look good. The staying power is also pretty good for a lipstick and fades away really nice. I love all the Chanel Rouge Allures because of the decadent packaging. So although Chanel lipsticks are pricey, I do think they are worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

why hasn't this gotten more love on these boards.. I know I have overlooked a lot of posting, but will catch up in future.

this is an orange/coral in the tube -- on application it is heavenly corally slightly red, but not overly so. I wanted a coral orange, but not in your face bright (like MAC's neon orange) or too red (like my beloved Heat Wave- Nars)... this is a perfect day to day colour if you want to be in fashion. It works well with tans, or with pasty faces because it is subtle.. yes, that's the word, elegantly subtle.

love it and am hunting for a new one !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth3790

I love the color but I can't quite pull it off. Its a bit too bright for me. I've found that with a light application and with a gloss on top it looks best on me. I love the packaging and how "chanel" is engraved on the side of the lipstick itself. But this lipstick is too pricey for me. Mac lipsticks are just as good but cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dreamrn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i love it! this has been always out of stock i tried it and it looks nice to me. i got alot of orangy lipsticks but this one is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by marlin

This is a very sexy/glam colour. I am asian and this colour looks great on me. I would use this colour when I feel like having red lips, as the classic red lippie colour does not good on my skin tone. It is a color that I would buy it again and again.

I also like the click design of it - it clicks when I put it away.