August 20, 2014 | 1910 users online

Palettes - Sephora - I-Wish

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, this is actually a pretty great palette if you're cool-toned like me. It's dirt cheap for what you get (especially compared to comparable palettes from other lines). It contains a dusty pink blush, gold highlighter powder, three shadows (plum, pink, and gold) and three glosses (sheer plum, sheer red-gold, and sheer bronze).

I was worried the blush wouldn't be highly pigmented enough, but it's actually very nice. It goes on smoothly and blends well. The highlighter is pretty - takes only a touch to get a lot of shine and isn't glittery, which is nice.

The shadows are a little more ehhh - the plum is good and very versatile, but the pink isn't very pigmented and has noticeable chunks of glitter, which I don't like. The gold is fine. Nothing out of this world, but fine.

The real stars of this palette are the lip glosses - I love all three, particularly the sheer red-gold. I wish I knew if this was available separately because I can see myself running out of it pretty soon. All the glosses are gorgeous and I would definitely buy them in full sizes.

My only beefs are with the only-okay shadows and with the packaging - there are "looks" described with instructions on the back of the palette itself. That's nice - but the colors are described by number (i.e. sweep Shadow #4 all over lid) and you can only see which number is ascribed to each color on the OUTER box which the palette itself comes in. Um, don't most people throw the outer cardboard packaging away? I know I do, and now I'll never know which shadow is number 4. Boohoo. Guess I'll never be able to achieve the Sephora "angelic" look. Oh well.

Anyway, despite the shadows being only okay, I'd definitely purchase this palette again. It contains a lot of colors I generally wear, so it's great to slip into a purse for any kind of touchup you might need during a night. And did I mention it was only fifteen bucks? I thought it was a typo when I was at Sephora, considering their baseline price for most palettes of this sort in other lines tend to be in the $25-30 range. If you like the colors, pick one up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jg722

I really like this palette. It includes a really cool toned, light plummy-pink blush; a shimmer gold highlighter; three eyeshadows: a medium purple with gold shimmer and glitter, a bright, cool toned pink with gold glitter, and a slightly shimmery peach; and three lip glosses: a red with gold shimmer, purple with gold glitter, and a shimmery gold. It also comes with a small blush brush(like the ones that come with drugstore blushes) and a doule ended lip brush and eye shadow sponge applicator. The container is black with a huge mirror on the inside. It also has directions to create two looks on the back of the palette. I would highly recommend this to anyone with cool undertones, but especially fair skins who have a hard time finding a natural looking blush and bronzer (I use the hightlighter as a bronzer).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by misssixteen

LOVE IT!!! I bought it at Sephora for only $15. i love the eyeshadows, theyre not very smooth but after you rub the top layer off they are much better. they do have great pigment!!! perfect combination of colors, i use all of them. i like the three glosses although theyre not my favorite. i dont use the highlighter, i havent really found a use for it lol. the blush is a little to baby pink for me but with a light hand it is lovely for a pastel look. overall i wish (haha) i would have bought more of these, i cant seem to find them anymore :(. im hooked sephora!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jennyguest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I *love* this palette. All of the colors are so beautiful on me, and in the pan! Decent staying power. The eye-shadows and highlighter are my favorite.