Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

3.6

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1, Anti Dandruff)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Zinc Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Red 33

on 8/10/2015 8:57:00 PM

I bought this shampoo cos I've got dundruff around my ears area after using hairdryer every morning. What a mistake!! I used this product every second morning (have very oily hair), stopped using hairdryer and about a two weeks time my scalp was far too dry, incredibly itchy, had red patches and dundruff everywhere! Complete disaster. I was not sure if this shampoo actually caused it, so I continued to using this for extra few weeks..still had the same awful trouble so I just binned it and got back to my Loreal fav shampoo and immediately could feel my scalp stopped being itchy and in few weeks time had no dundruff at all.

So the result - the first dundruff issue was caused by overusing hairdryer. Secondly, the shampoo was the worst I have ever tried, irritated my skin a lot, ironically got even more dundruff by using it, so I do not recommend this product to anyone!!

I got this shampoo one lippy rating but to be honest I wish I could give NO LIPPY at all. That's how bad it was.

on 8/4/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sometimes removes dandruff, sometimes causes it! In fact my head becomes itchy after using it and the minty cooling sensation irritates my head skin a lot. This product is very imperfect and I only use it when I have terrible dandruff and there's nothing left to do. No other brands can help me so I need to rely on it sometimes. In short, it may help if you're lucky enough.

on 7/28/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is down to my elbows, thick, wavy, and damaged from previous dyes and bleaches. I tend to get scalp dandruff imediately after washing my hair and the sebum seems to stay at my roots no matter what I try. My dermatologist gave me some sample sizes of H&S Classic Clean to try out.

This product has the same watery texture as other H&S products. The cost is far cheaper than other brands, so I don't mind the watery texture. I don't have to ration this like Matrix deep treatments. It smelled like watermelon or maybe cucumber. Tbh, I didn't have much faith in the products when I used them.

After drying off, I always use a wide tooth comb to pick through my hair because it clumps when it's damp and it'll dry that way if I don't do some kind of styling. After using Classic Clean, I noticed right away that I had less tangles. Even wet, it felt softer when I ran my fingers through it. I ran into the bathroom to scratch my hair part. There was still dandruff, but it was much finer, like powder instead of the flakes Id usually see after washing. My scalp felt a little chilled while it was damp, but it didn't smell like tea tree or mint.

Once dry, I inspected my hair. My scalp feels cleaner and lighter. My hair feels SO soft, like after you get a fresh haircut. The smell of the product is very faint and pleasant Imo. I did notice that my hair was slightly frizzy, no more than with any other shampoo and conditioner, but it's worth it to gain the softness. Im not sure if it's because this is a different product or if using DHS brand earlier in the week made a difference, but I will be buying this in full-size bottles.

on 5/20/2015 1:22:00 PM

This thing actually caused dandruff!!! It irritated my scalp so much and made my hair super frizzy. Maybe it would work on someone with a REALLY serious problem of oily hair, but it is'nt for me. Not repurchasing!!

on 5/6/2015 11:44:00 PM

This shampoo is supposed to get rid of dandruff, but it doesn't. It actually makes it worse. After using this shampoo, I can see more dandruff on my hair. WTF?!

on 1/30/2015 3:03:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. It does not prevent my scalp from flaking, because I have seborrheic dermatitis, not dandruff. However, it does definitely help with the itching.

on 9/29/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great shampoo to use once a week or so for clarifying. One of the few shampoos that I feel rinses completely clean from my hair with no build up. I don't even need much conditioner when I use this, and it smells good.

on 8/13/2014 12:48:00 AM

This is the worst product ever made.

on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE head and shoulders. During the summer my hair is EXTREMELY oily. I have to wash it every single day, and sometimes if I don't use this shampoo, then my hair is still a little oily. My sister told me that it works well for oiliness because it dries your hair out a little. So, if your hair is not oily if might not work as well as it did for me. That's why during the winter, I use a little of another shampoo.

on 6/25/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

...Am I the only one here who uses this stuff on my skin as well? Only occasionally, if used too frequently IT WILL DRY YOU OUT LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS.
Also, be aware: if left on the skin too long, or not rinsed off thoroughly, it will cause chemical burns. Learned that one the hard way.
It really does clear up acne. It's the zinc.
A few times a week I'll mix it with water and slather it on my back and shoulders and face until it bubbles and leave it on until it dries. I used to do it every night but the skin around my mouth and nose became dry and patchy. Which was gross.
If the burn seems abnormal wash it off immediately. It will burn a little, but if it's unbearable it may cause a chemical burn.

Now for its actual intended use, shampoo. Even though my bathroom is well stocked with many a shampoo, this is the one I reach for most. I feel like if I use any others the residue from rinsing causes my back and hairline to break out. It cleans the hair well, no residue. Can't say much for the ability to clear flakes, I didn't have them before using it, but I don't have them now, so it must be working. I don't use it on my ends (not that you ever should with shampoo), so it doesn't dry them out.

I think I've covered all my bases.
Overall, I recommend. For acne at the very least.