Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

3.6

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1, Anti Dandruff)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Zinc Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Red 33

on 5/20/2015 1:22:00 PM

This thing actually caused dandruff!!! It irritated my scalp so much and made my hair super frizzy. Maybe it would work on someone with a REALLY serious problem of oily hair, but it is'nt for me. Not repurchasing!!

on 5/6/2015 11:44:00 PM

This shampoo is supposed to get rid of dandruff, but it doesn't. It actually makes it worse. After using this shampoo, I can see more dandruff on my hair. WTF?!

on 1/30/2015 3:03:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. It does not prevent my scalp from flaking, because I have seborrheic dermatitis, not dandruff. However, it does definitely help with the itching.

on 9/29/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great shampoo to use once a week or so for clarifying. One of the few shampoos that I feel rinses completely clean from my hair with no build up. I don't even need much conditioner when I use this, and it smells good.

on 8/13/2014 12:48:00 AM

This is the worst product ever made.

on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE head and shoulders. During the summer my hair is EXTREMELY oily. I have to wash it every single day, and sometimes if I don't use this shampoo, then my hair is still a little oily. My sister told me that it works well for oiliness because it dries your hair out a little. So, if your hair is not oily if might not work as well as it did for me. That's why during the winter, I use a little of another shampoo.

on 6/25/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

...Am I the only one here who uses this stuff on my skin as well? Only occasionally, if used too frequently IT WILL DRY YOU OUT LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS.
Also, be aware: if left on the skin too long, or not rinsed off thoroughly, it will cause chemical burns. Learned that one the hard way.
It really does clear up acne. It's the zinc.
A few times a week I'll mix it with water and slather it on my back and shoulders and face until it bubbles and leave it on until it dries. I used to do it every night but the skin around my mouth and nose became dry and patchy. Which was gross.
If the burn seems abnormal wash it off immediately. It will burn a little, but if it's unbearable it may cause a chemical burn.

Now for its actual intended use, shampoo. Even though my bathroom is well stocked with many a shampoo, this is the one I reach for most. I feel like if I use any others the residue from rinsing causes my back and hairline to break out. It cleans the hair well, no residue. Can't say much for the ability to clear flakes, I didn't have them before using it, but I don't have them now, so it must be working. I don't use it on my ends (not that you ever should with shampoo), so it doesn't dry them out.

I think I've covered all my bases.
Overall, I recommend. For acne at the very least.

on 5/31/2014 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Got rid of almost all dandruff and flaky skin. Great product.

on 5/25/2014 9:53:00 PM

This shampoo cleared up my itchy scalp issue (caused by an adverse reaction to a different shampoo) after two uses. However it is extremely drying. I color my hair every 4 weeks so my hair is dry to begin with, but this definitely dried it out more. This may not be an issue for those that don't already have dry hair. I tried their conditioner (the smooth version) and it works well after using this shampoo. I now use their conditioner to cowash so I don't really have a need for this shampoo, but I will keep it on hand in case my scalp develops any more issues.

on 3/31/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I started using this again after many years of not having done so because my scalp was getting a bit flaky and itchy... and it broke my forehead out REALLY badly. I didn't notice that's what it was for some time, but now I know it definitely was the culprit.

My skin is fairly sensitive and acne-prone, so if that describes you... proceed with caution!

(It DOES get rid of dandruff though.)