July 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Shampoo - Head and Shoulders - Classic Clean Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by velenaherde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

...Am I the only one here who uses this stuff on my skin as well? Only occasionally, if used too frequently IT WILL DRY YOU OUT LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS.
Also, be aware: if left on the skin too long, or not rinsed off thoroughly, it will cause chemical burns. Learned that one the hard way.
It really does clear up acne. It's the zinc.
A few times a week I'll mix it with water and slather it on my back and shoulders and face until it bubbles and leave it on until it dries. I used to do it every night but the skin around my mouth and nose became dry and patchy. Which was gross.
If the burn seems abnormal wash it off immediately. It will burn a little, but if it's unbearable it may cause a chemical burn.

Now for its actual intended use, shampoo. Even though my bathroom is well stocked with many a shampoo, this is the one I reach for most. I feel like if I use any others the residue from rinsing causes my back and hairline to break out. It cleans the hair well, no residue. Can't say much for the ability to clear flakes, I didn't have them before using it, but I don't have them now, so it must be working. I don't use it on my ends (not that you ever should with shampoo), so it doesn't dry them out.

I think I've covered all my bases.
Overall, I recommend. For acne at the very least.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Oldarts71

Got rid of almost all dandruff and flaky skin. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo cleared up my itchy scalp issue (caused by an adverse reaction to a different shampoo) after two uses. However it is extremely drying. I color my hair every 4 weeks so my hair is dry to begin with, but this definitely dried it out more. This may not be an issue for those that don't already have dry hair. I tried their conditioner (the smooth version) and it works well after using this shampoo. I now use their conditioner to cowash so I don't really have a need for this shampoo, but I will keep it on hand in case my scalp develops any more issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by plasticsun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this again after many years of not having done so because my scalp was getting a bit flaky and itchy... and it broke my forehead out REALLY badly. I didn't notice that's what it was for some time, but now I know it definitely was the culprit.

My skin is fairly sensitive and acne-prone, so if that describes you... proceed with caution!

(It DOES get rid of dandruff though.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by alicia148

This strips colour from your hair. After I had horrible brown lowlights in my light blonde hair, I searched the internet for a remedy. Apparently head and shoulders is great at helping to fade colour, and it works! I used this every wash for about two weeks, leaving it in for a couple if minutes then rinsing. After two weeks my hair looked much better and I continued with normal shampoo. Also it wasn't as damaging as I thought it might be. I used a good conditioner and my hair was in no worse condition than if I had used my normal shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by KellyBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this to lighten my hair after the stupid marinello beauty college dyed my hair too dark. It worked really well at fading the dye back to a normal lighter blonde. It's also said to work with mixing baking soda with it. But that can make your hair dry, I couldn't tell because it already was dry. But if u want to fade hair dye fast use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Head and Shoulders for about ten years, after I discovered I needed an anti dandruff shampoo!

There's no doubt this is a great product and it works perfectly fine! Smells lovely and you don't need a lot of product each wash. I never bother with rinse and repeating because apparently it's just an old wives tale and the product runs out much quicker! At £5 a bottle it isn't cheap though, and I have actually bought cheaper branded products that work just as well (and smell just as nice!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have dandruff, and I don't use H&S, but my H uses it and loves it. In the past H&S shampoos and other dandruff shampoo's smelled horrible and had a "chalk like" feel and seemed hard to rinse out. YUCK!
Last week, I forgot to put my new bottle of shampoo in the shower and all that was there was H&S Classic clean. Hmm...no one else was home to get my shampoo and I wasn't gonna run half way across the house soaking wet to get mine, so H&S was going to have to do.
Opening the cap, I was expecting the the same old stuff, but I was really surprised. It smelled very nice and clean and no "chalk feel". I washed as usual and it rinsed out really well. I conditioned as usual too. WOW, I had the best hair day. Nice and soft and clean. I've been using the H&S as my regular shampoo. Loosing less hair too. I'm glad H&S changed and improved their product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by payjark

For the past week I've been using a travel bottle of this because my scalp had been super flakey. The first night I used it, I woke up with amazing hair! It had so much volume and my scalp was in much better shape. I use this and a Suave conditioner and I love the results so far. I'll purchase a larger bottle, which will probably last me a year or more because Ill only be using it once a week or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by gwain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using it since 3 to 4 years.In the beginning it was ok,the smell also seemed nice.I also felt squeaky clean after shampooing but now i feel that my hair has become dry and frizzy.Now the smell also offends me and I am facing the problem of hair loss.