September 19, 2014 | 1600 users online

Pressed Powders - Iman - Oil Blotting Translucent Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if your oily and want color when u blot instead of ghost face buy this !!
I only have to blot 1 time a day with this and im good. I live in florida, work 10 hour days and this is my savior, I don't have time to keep blotting so I love this a little pricey for drugstore but I would buy again..again..
no smell , no breakouts..
find my review on youtube- fearless femme

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right now, this is my go to powder, It is very sheer (so if you are looking for thick coverage, this isn't for you) and while it doesn't absord as much as oil as I would like, it's pretty good. My face is unbelievably oily so I think it's unrealistic for me to think I am going to find something that works 100%. I would but this again. I've read other reviews of the top breaking off real easily; mine is still in tact after about 4 months.

UPDATE===my top is STILL in tact so maybe the person who had an issue just got a bad compact. I would like to add that the "deep" shade, which is the darkest this comes in, really isn't that dark and it is very red. It looks like a blush product. For reference, I am chocolate brown. A little red is good as a lot of dark skinned AA women have reddish undertones but if you apply this without looking in the mirror, it can have you looking crazy...like you applied red blush all over your face. I wish Iman would make more shades for this product. The texture is great and I love that the applicator is stored separately from the makeup but the color choices for very dark skin are limited.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST. BLOTTING POWDER. EVER.

I bought this powder and I was skeptical. I've tried so many oil blotting products before -- papers, you know the drill. And they didn't do squat.

This product was different.

First of all, I love everything in the Iman line. Everything in it is exceptional. As is this product. The best thing about this blotting powder is that it actually makes your makeup look like it has been freshly applied. I use this INSTEAD of reapplying the powder I use right after applying my foundation in the morning. It gives you a wonderful matte look and it isn't cakey. It makes your makeup look fresh, doesn't glob up and that is a definite plus for me.

I've sung the praises of Iman Cosmetics before in other reviews of products in the line, so I probably sound like a broken record here, but everything in the line is fabulous.

This product will last you a long time because you don't need very much of it to blot excess oil from your face.

A key is making sure to keep the sponge clean. If the sponge gets shiny and built up with powder, wash the sponge! This is important. It also helps the product to wear better on your face.

Great product for oily skin -- and mine is SUPER oily. Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by NinaM123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love most of the IMAN makeup line so I decided to give this a try. I bought it in Medium and now it's definitely one of my favorites! I have really oily skin that gets worse throughout the day. However, when I put this powder on it gives me a nice matte finish that lasts for hours. I was pleasantly surprised because I've tried so many oil control products that have failed to work for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is just absolutely the worst powder I have ever used. I used it as a setting powder, used it alone, used it under a primer, etc. I always get the same results: the powder oxidize on me no matter what. I swear I wore this out one particularly hot day and next thing you know my face was burgundy and oily as h#ll. My shade in the summer is a NW45/NW47/NW50 and I chose Medium Deep. Maybe I should go a shade or two lighter. But I doubt I would because this product seems to make me produce more oil. So no five stars for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and so far so good, the saying power, ability to control shine is perfect for me. It transfers however...so you want to be careful with a white shirt. it photographs well, and to me that is the most important thing. Today I used it over my Armani face fabric in #6...and it cancelled the ashiness I experience with that foundation. Like it a lot. But not crazy about the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by UgandanAmericanBeauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Iman Oil Blotting pressed powder in the DEEP shade. This powder is great because it can be worn alone or with foundation. It is light and blends well into the skin.

The only down side is the bulky white plastic compact case that comes off its hinges very easily. Do not use the sponge that comes with the compact because it will leave white cotton residue or lint all over your beautiful brown face...and no one wants that, right?

Overall, the powder is great but the packaging is mediocre- too bulky and breaks easily. Also, the name IMAN which is printed in gold on the compact will fade off in a couple of days...so you might forget which brand of makeup it is...As a result, you might want to invest in a bin or makeup bag specifically for Iman compacts because the name will fade off the compacts in a week or so.

Otherwise, if you can look beyond the package and try the makeup inside...it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by November185

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used. I've used clinique, mac, and bobbi brown powders-and this cheapy one is the best!. I use the shade medium, and it is perfect to take away oil and top off foundation coverage. I've also experience no acne breakouts from this product-and I am prone to severe acne! I really fear this product being discontinued because it is so difficult to find in my area.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in combo with the Foundation stick and the cream to powder foundation. I wear light-medim color and in MAC I wear NC 45. It really sets the foundation very well and stays on with only a couple of touch-ups between 6 AM and 11 PM when I take off my make up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Iman's products. If you are really oily, use the undercover primer before the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it in the deep shade. Blots really well and does add a touch of colour, so make sure you choose the correct shade. Dont use a puff/sponge or else you will look like coco the clown. Using a brush gives a nice polished look