Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 6/27/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A very pure soap and reasonably priced but it does not lather in hard water, leaves a film all over everything and smells like motor oil.

This dried my skin out, left a film. I was pretty excited to try it out because it has such great ingredients and I love the KMF brand. Sadly didn't work out :/

on 3/20/2015 1:23:00 PM

I used this as a facial cleanser during my latter college years after hearing about the wonders of castile/olive oil-based sosps. It was just...ok. Nothing spectacular. It didn't break me out and I actually liked its very slight scent, but it didn't do anything remarkable to my skin. I was 2+months in using this when I realized it's cumbersome for me to use a soap as a facial wash. I had to toss the remainder and have not repurchased ever since.

This is a great soap with natural ingredients. Doesn't dry my skin and doesn't irritate my boyfriend's eczema prone skin. I wish it was more easy to find so I could use it regularly.

on 2/19/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an effective, but extremely drying soap. My skin looks and feels parched and flakey after each use. I use it to clean my makeup brushes (Real Techniques) and it does a great job on those. I wouldn't be buying this for using on my face/body anymore though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really love this soap. I have oily skin with pores that clog easily. I started washing with this morning and night so I could keep the number of potentially pore clogging chemicals from my face. I use this and a moisturizer in the AM then use it PM to wash my face before Tazorac. This cleans my face without leaving it tight or dry like every other face wash I have used, and it leaves my oily skin clean with just enough moisture. its really helped to balance my skin! I cut each bar in 4 for easier use :)

on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used this to wash my makeup brushes, although I think any other brand's olive oil bar soap would work just as well. I occasionally do use a separate bar on my face after chemical peels, but I find this leaves my skin feeling tight and dry with regular use on either my face or my body.

For my makeup brushes, I absolutely adore this though! My brush tips (I have the RT ones) get so white now it's practically a joy to clean them. I find this easy to use too. I use a tiny little container of water to wet the brush and then rub it against the soap a couple times while I'm watching television. I then do a few passes against a silicone pet grooming glove (which I use in place of the exorbitantly priced Sigma glove) to help foam up the soap and better get any product out of the bristles.

I do this for all of the brushes and then go get a slightly larger container to fill with a bit of water to rinse out the soap while still watching television. After I'll go rinse them out at the sink for a final rinse and then hang them up which probably takes 10 minutes of my time. It really makes it less of a chore and works better with my beautyblender and brushes than anything else I've tried (beautyblender liquid cleanser, baby shampoo).

Overall, I would recommend giving this (or any other olive oil bar soap) a shot as a brush cleaner.

on 7/12/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The second I was done rinsing my face from using this soap, I knew I shouldn't have done it. Left my skin with residue and feeling extremely tight. I would rather clean my face with the extra virgin olive oil in my kitchen (which I've done, by the way, and it works pretty nicely).

Just because something is vegan and organic and whatever's the fad today does not mean it's a good product.

on 3/23/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This review is for Kiss My face Pure Olive Oil Soap. This vegan product, containing no animal ingredients and not tested on animals, is one of my favorites. It's a big green bar containing Sodium Olivate, Aqua and Sodium Chloride. It's natural and non-drying, but not moisturizing either. It does not have a scent. I highly recommend it. It does get gooey but that's manageable. The price is decent for the amount of soap I get, it could be less expensive. The packaging is simple and pretty. A bar lasts me a month. I will keep repurchasing this product.

on 4/15/2013 9:10:00 AM

I am on my second bar of this soap now. I started using it only as a facial cleanser back in January. I have sensitive skin that is a bit on the dry side. This has kept my skin pretty clear. I liked it so much I started using it on my body about a month ago. It is gentle, and simple. It is really nice to need only one product for face and body. I even had my mom start using it. The price is not that bad I think it is between 3.50 to 4.00 for an eight ounce bar. I was using a cleanser that cost 24 dollars for six ounces before I found this.

Edited 6/23/13
I have decided to stop using this because it has been irritating my skin all over my body. I dropped my rating down to a two because this product is too drying for my skin.

Popular Gels/Soaps