St. Ives Apricot Face Wash -- Blemish and Blackhead Control ] [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of Acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/C10 30 Alkyl PEG 20 Itaconate Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, DMDM Hydrantoin, Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum), Methyl Lactate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Betaine, Sodium PCA, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitol, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Proline, Linalool, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Geraniol, Serine, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Arginine HCl, Lysine, Salix Alba Bark Extract (Willow), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot), Threonine, Sombucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought this as a cheap face wash to keep in my gym bag but it quickly became my main face wash. It cleaned my face very well, including my pores and kept the moisture in my face. I ran out and used another brand (which sucked) and went back today to buy another one of these and I couldn't find it :( I definitely love this product and for my expectations, they were blown away by this product.

on 2/23/2013 4:27:00 PM

This is my new everyday cleanser. I love it sooooooo much. For the most part it keeps my acne away and it doesn't dry out my skin. The little apricot bead exfoliated my skin and left it clean and soft. I had one problem with the packaging however as on all 3 of the bottles I have bought the tip of the pump always comes off. And if you loose it it os quite a chore getting the cleanser out. Besides the minor fault I would call it perfect for me

on 12/31/2012 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought I'd give this one a try since I love the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but this Apricot face wash cleanser gave me a rash first try. My skin felt tight and just didn't work out for me.

on 8/2/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Better than the scrub since it doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores, but still doesn't do anything for my acne :(

Edit: Now that my crazy acne is gone, it's not too bad when I use it, so I'm giving it one more lippie~

I had some high expectations of this product because of the great reviews I saw on makeupalley, and I wasn't disappointed!!
I had clear skin for almost all my life except suddenly this year I started breaking out majorly on my forehead (don't know if it's hormones or something) but this has given me the best skin I've had for the entire year! My skin isn't perfectly smooth, still some bumps that may potentially turn into pimples if I stop using it I think, but I'm still very grateful, considering the price!
Only concern I have is that the beads are quite large and rough, and although I'm still young, I think that long term use might not be very good to my skin and may make it rougher. If skin remains clear even after 6 months or so I may start using it less frequently, at the moment i"m using it alternately with cetaphil because it's so gentle

EDIT: it's been a year and I've now tried other products, and I now NEVER use it on my face, only as a bodywash on my back and chest for when I have congestion there. It is sooo rough and I don't know why I didn't realise it before. And it also didn't seem to do much for my skin after a while. there are many other gentler scrubs out there

on 7/6/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like to use this when I wake up to get rid of the oil that accumulated during the night. I use St. Ives medicated apricot scrub at night before I go to bed, and then I use this when I wake up.
It does dry out my face quite a bit, but my skin is really oily, so that's a good thing. It makes it take longer for an oil slick to form on my face. I just use a moisturizer after I wash my face and it doesn't feel so tight and dry.
I just bought another bottle of this yesterday, and noticed that they have removed whatever ingredient it was that made your skin feel cool and minty, which I'm glad about. It made my face feel too cold.

on 5/12/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i usually use this when i have acne and it does the job well drying them up..a cheap products that works! St. Ives is also generous with the amount of the product which you can get for just 3-4 dollars

on 4/29/2012 12:50:00 AM

I got this for my blackheads on my nose, and i honestly didn't notice much difference (so instead i just started using oil blotting paper, which worked) but then i started developing acne from stress, and i found that this calmed down my skin. while not making my acne disappear overnight, which i didnt expect, when used periodically, this does reduce acne over time. i have combination-oily skin, and after using this, my skin feels slightly dry even though it has a creamy texture along with the gritty bits, so i just slather on moisturizer after. but my face feels very fresh and feels like my pores were cleared out.
NOTE: read the drug info at the back of the bottle/pot!! don't use this every day, your skin still needs its natural protective layer of skin and oil. and the acne treatment is salicylic acid, which is a widely used mild acne treatment

on 3/21/2012 11:08:00 AM

This is AMAZING! I had perfect skin as a teen, but now into my mid twenties I was breaking out like crazy. I tried pro-active and every other type of acne wash you could think of. This was SO cheap and got the job done fast! My skin has remained beautiful and this is the only thing that keeps the acne away! can't beat it!

on 12/19/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first gave this a try I thought it was too drying for me so I guess you could say that I didn't give it a fair chance. I gave it another go and it is still on the dry side but it does seem to be clearing up my skin. I think this would be perfect in the summertime when my skin is more oily. I just need to follow this up with a good moisturizer I guess. Update: I am very impressed. With continued use twice a day for nearly a week, paired with Neutrogena's healthy skin lotion w alpha hydroxy, this has significantly cleared up stubborn breakouts. It also makes my skin feel baby soft. I hope this continues to work. I will update if there are any changes. Update: This continues to work for me and have already stockpiled my closet. Can't believe how amazing this works and how inexpensive it is! Holy Grail.