Got2B Crazy Sleek Unstoppable Hold Shine Lock

on 8/25/2007 2:57:00 PM

Hate this product. It's just hairspray. Didn't make my hair any shinier, but it sure made it stickier! The nozzle always clogged and made it impossible to spray a fine mist so I had to clean it every time I used it. Even when it sprayed properly, it just made my hair stiff and sticky. Will not buy ever again and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.

on 12/6/2006 8:37:00 PM

There is nothing special about this göt2b crazy sleek Shine Lock except the bottle that it is comes in. I love its small size and tapered shape. It's easy to grasp and never too heavy. The neck is smaller than the bottom and there is a collar under the sprayer which makes the bottle even easier to hold. The colors are also pretty and energizing: deep pink for the fingertip, fine-mist sprayer and silky orange for the body of the bottle. Once I have used up the 125 ml (4.2 oz.) or given up and thrown out the contents, I will pour another hairspray into it. The product itself is a let-down because of the exaggerated claims on the bottle. The hold is not unstoppable and it doesn’t make my hair look crazy sleek. I can’t verify the claim that it smoothes fly-aways and defends against frizz and humidity as I don’t have a problem with frizz and the air here, at the moment, is extremely cold and dry. I was just expecting it to add a little shine without compromising the hold but the hold is average, and it doesn’t add any noticeable shine. Also, I was hoping it would have a fun or fresh scent like some of the other göt2b products, but it smells mostly of alcohol to me and frighteningly quite like my static cling spray. Funny, fragrance (parfum) is listed as one of the ingredients. I wonder what Schwarzkopf was going for… Did he want to add a fragrance to this hair spray or just mask the chemical odors of the raw materials? Anyway...Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Cyclopentasiloxane,
Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer,
Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenyl
Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Ethylhexyl
Methoxycinnamate, Aqua, Aminomethyl Propanol,
Parfum, Limonene continued >>

on 10/26/2006 8:01:00 PM

hey, i thought that it was OK. Nothing to write home about or ne thing, but i could tell it added shine to my hair. Similar to their regular shine spray, only this had a kind of neater smell. Tough to describe though...kind of like perfumey? Funny, i didn't notice any hold at all though...mind you i wasnt really expecting any.

on 8/15/2006 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the other review.. this is just a hairspray in my opinion.. and not a good one.. my hair felt stick and like straw..yes, it does "hold" but that is it.. no shine, no sleek hair.. total waste...=(

on 5/21/2006 2:30:00 AM

Boy am I glad I got this on clearance! The print on the bottle reads "sleek finish- smooth, seal, shine". Well, I agree with the "seal" in that this spray really does hold (hence the two lippies). However, all the "shine" printed on the bottle actually had me believing this would add shine to my hair. As far as I am concerned, this is just a glorified hair spray for hold. The formula reeks of alcohol, which makes sense since it's the first ingredient listed on the bottle, and adds no shine to my hair. If I'm not careful and give myself more than two spritzes, I wind up with white gunk all over my hair. I think from now on I will stick to my handy dandy pomades and will not be purchasing this spray again.