October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion - without menthol

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by carameltwilight

IT IS AMAZING! I was a little unsure about it but its become one of my faves!

I have dry skin and when I put this on overnight, my skin is still moisturised.
It's made out of oats which is an amazing ingredient. Plus it's fragrance free! Woohoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

I waited until my skin was really dry to test and review this product. I have sensitive skin that is prone to dry patches, eczema and irritation and heard good things about this product. Although it was fairly pricey for a moisturiser I bought it. I'd used it before with nice results but today I could see that my skin was a bit dry and scaly and felt itchy. I showered and came out to tight, itchy skin and put the moisturiser on which instantly cooled and calmed my skin, it felt amazing. It moisturises nicely without any nasty perfume smells and no greasy residue. I'll definitely repurchase. If you're like me and have to be careful with perfumed products with lots of chemicals buy this, it'll be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After a lifetime of chasing that HG product that will reliably soothe and protect my dry, sensitive eczema prone skin I feel that maybe I've found it at long last. This stuff is the real deal. It just feels like the most benign thing I have ever put on my skin, instantly calming and soothing. I use this on my face and on my first use of this product a patch of red sore skin that hydrocortisones had done nothing for cleared up in the space of three days. It cleared up the dry itchy winter skin on my legs within two. If I am worried that I might have a flare up I put this lotion on and my skin is stabilised.

It has a good texture - although it feels quite heavy when you squeeze it out of the tube it's surprisingly light once you apply it and it sinks into the skin immediately. Also, a little goes a long way, so a pea sized blob will treat my entire face comfortably. It is genuinely unscented and leaves no heavy greasy residue on the skin. I would recommend this very highly to anyone with dry irritated skin or with eczema.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by annafrankie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is prone to excema and is VERY sensitive. Especially benhind the knees. I tried everything with no success. Then found this Aveeno skin Relief Body lotion and WOW. My skin is now lovely. I literally cannot go a day without it. It sinks right into your skin and keeps you sof and moisturised until you bath or shower. Would buy it again and again. LOVE! x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

I really like this stuff. Though sometimes I need a cream instead of the lotion, this works really well. It reliefs my skin compare to other lotions. I swear by this stuff. Cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Aveeno is a Johnson & Johnson owned brand thatís not available in Finland, where I live. I bought this Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion on my vacation in NYC. Itís recommended for extra dry and itchy skin. Due to atopic dermatitis, my skin tends to get very itchy. My skin is on the dryish side, but not extra-dry. It truly is fragrance-free, and I donít notice any unpleasant side smell that most fragrance-free products tend to have. The lotionís texture is very creamy and it absorbs surprisingly well almost immediately without leaving a residue. It keeps my skin feeling very soft and hydrated, and I am certain that it has calmed down my skin and reduced itchiness too. Apparently, the oat-based ingredients are doing some good. I absolutely love it! I bought a 8 oz tube and a 18 oz pump bottle, so theyíll last a while, but after that I think I have to resort to eBay for re-purchases :)

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.3%) (Skin Protectant)

Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Extract (Shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Steareth 20, Water.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this on my face and neck and it's so great! The skin on my nose tends to dry up and peel but when i put on this lotion, My nose and entire face ( i put the lotion on my entire face too) is moisturized throughout the day.Just one pump of lotion lasts you an entire day! And my neck also gets dry and then itchy so this lotion is a great solution!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by andy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only product that got rid of my flaky, scaly leg skin this winter! I like that it's non-scented - that's why I chose it over its menthol counterpart. It's a little thick but rubs in easily. It's inexpensive enough but seems to go on sale sometimes or be offered in a package deal with another Aveeno product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion specifically for my daughter with eczema. She is 18 months old and her skin is sensitive, dry, rough, and she scratches it Ė making the condition worse. After just one week of applying this lotion every day her skin is soft, smooth, and supple. Itís also helped to heal eczema patches and she doesnít scratch. Since I also have eczema, Iíve used it for me now and love it. It comes in either a pump bottle or a long tube, which is better for travel. Aveenoís products are the real deal: no mineral oil (a common filler) and I love that this one is fragrance free (which irritates my skin, and I think the scented baby lotion, which also has mineral oil, I was using on my daughter was contributed to her skin issues). I canít smell much of anything in this lotion, maybe the slightest flour smell, but I donít smell a thing after it absorbs, which is pretty quickly. I am thoroughly pleased with this product and will absolutely buy again. It's not the cheapest body lotion, but it's worth it. For the record, this was the ďsoothing oat essenceĒ formula with no menthol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by taniaboox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has oats and shea butter in it.

I could not be without this cream and have been using it long term.
It smooths, calms and hydrates my dry sensitive skin.

It comes in a large tube and is not expensive and it is one of the best body moisturisers I've ever used. Also great for the hands and feet (but I do not use it on my face.)

I would highly recommend this too anyone who needs something soothing.

There is a slight fragrance which is barely noticeable, cannot really remember it even though i use this every day.

The ingredients are not harsh and no wierd chemicals.

It goes on smoothly and melts straight into my skin. Really lovely amazing stuff.
Calms itchy skin too.