DevaCurl One Condition

Aqueous extracts of; achilea millefolium (yarrow), chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cymbopogon schoenanthus (camel grass), humulus lupulus (hops), melissa offcinalis (balm mint), rosmarinus offcinalis (rosemary); cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, olive oil, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, trideceth-12, diazolidinyl urea, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance.

on 6/15/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This conditioner is great but once again something in this made my head itch. I am totally depressed about it because I was loving everything about it except for maybe the scent which was a little off but not too terrible. But I just can't sit around scratching my head like a monkey all day.

on 4/30/2015 11:50:00 PM

I ran out of my DevaCare One Condition and my local trade store didn't have any in stock so I bit the bullet and got this one. I have thick hair, wavy with curls. The smell is actually not too bad, floral, but not crazy heavy, which is good because I was initially turned off by the scent of the DevaCurl No Poo. I was skeptical at first also because of the consistency of this product. I liked how thick and nourishing the DevaCare felt and this is definitely thinner. Think body butter vs lotion. HOWEVER, now I truly understand the phrase "great slip" because this conditioner has it. Since I started using it a few weeks ago, I haven't gotten my trademark rat's nest at the nape of my neck or very many tangles at all in my very tangle-prone hair. It's so nice to not worry about that. De tangling in the shower is also much easier. Will repurchase!

on 4/11/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have almost completely straight, fine, delicate hair.

.... And yet I couldnt resist trying my neice's bottles in the shower (I am visiting my sister) today.
I dont know about getting "adjusted"... Because my hair needed no adjustment to this. My hair came out so clean and beautiful after using these products. I was hoping that the products would bring out my waves more... But alas, the opposite happened (with air dry, large tooth comb, scrunching it... ) It still dried pretty straight. In fact, biolage conditioning balm makes my hair wavier than this stuff, and thats using a regular comb, and no scrunching.
But anyway... Its still a really nice duo... I will probably buy the big bottles of this to have as part of my rotation. It seems to be a fortifying, really healthy product line (going by how great my hair looks and feels).
My hair is SO outrageously shiny and feels really nourished... not weighed down at all... not coated at all... Just shiny and nourished. (hours later I cant stop touching my hair!)

I am growing my hair long again, and want to keep it in great condition as it grows. This may be the ticket (or one of them, at least). My usual go-to's for hair nourishment are the GVP version or the original Biolage Conditioning Balm, Tigi's Moisture Maniac conditioner, Aquage Healing Conditioner, and Creations Garden Leave-in (but I use that one as a deep conditioning treatment that I wash out). For shampoo I usually just stick with Biolage hydrating shampoo or the GVP version... OR Traite sulfate free shampoo.
But the Devacurl No-poo was AMAZING to use, and hair felt fully cleaned by it... And far less dry than when I use the other shampoos I listed above.

This is good stuff, and I think I now understand the price-tag. Once again, a rare product and the rarity and effectiveness make the price of this worth it.

on 10/12/2014 12:31:00 PM

OK - I have aging hair that is beginning to lose the thickness and "bounce" it's always had. I love Pantene's age defying shampoo and conditioner, but there are times when they seem like they're not enough, at least the conditioner. Sometimes I need more detangling and a bit more support for the waviness-bordering-on-curly that my hair does at its best. Anyway, I thought I would try something made especially for curly hair, and Devacurl products are all the rage, according to everything I read and other ladies I know with curls. So I wanted to try the conditioner, and after getting sticker shock at Ulta, I decided to buy from a favorite seller on Ebay - still paying 15.00 for a 12oz. bottle, but figuring I could give it away if I didn't like it - further figuring that wouldn't happen, judging from all the great reviews I've read. Well. It did happen. I don't like this at ALL. Didn't detangle at all, even with a comb in the shower, and once my hair was dry - ICK. Flat, drab, very little body, frizzy, crunchy. I saw a Youtube tutorial that recommended wrapping wet hair in an old t-shirt - and letting it dry naturally or with a diffuser ( I actually have the Devacurl "hand" diffuser attachment) and never using a brush after hair is dry, etc. Nope - just more ick. (Just yesterday I bought John Frieda's Dream Curls conditioner, and I'll review that after I've used it a few more times, but so far, LOVE.) Anyway, for the price and the performance, I would not buy the Devacurl conditioner again. In fact - in view of the very lackluster performance and the prices - I would also be hesitant to try any other Devacurl products, as well.

on 10/5/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for 2 weeks, following the curly girl method, and it works so well! It leaves my curls bouncy and moisturized. I had to use a lot of it the last 2 weeks because my hair was so dry from years of harsh shampoos and heat styling, but I can tell that now my hair is moisturized I can use less conditioner. I apply it and rinse it out, then apply a small amount to leave in. Squish and scrunch the water out, apply gel, and it's good to go!
I love this conditioner, it's pricey but so far it's worth it for me.

on 6/25/2014 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was my first CG approved conditioner and it was definitely a step in the right direction. It's great as both a daily and a leave in conditioner It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls and It was my favorite conditioner before trying Davines Love Conditioner.

on 4/25/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a long review but if you have unmanageable curly hair you have to read this.
I have very curly hair and it is naturally very dry. This product is a god send for me. It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls in my life (not an exaggeration!). I've tried Ouidad, which was ok but doesn't control frizz or maintain moisture the way this product does.
To get the best effect, you can't use a towel to dry hair - you need a cotton T-shirt and then you just squeeze out the water, making an effort not to disturb your curls. It leaves you hair damper than if you used a towel but I use a blow dryer with the diffuser and it takes only a couple of minutes longer. MY ROUTINE: once a week wash with No-Poo (their non-foaming shampoo), then apply One Condition and squish thoroughly into my hair and leave it on while I finish showering. Gently rinse hair and squeeze out water with T-shirt. Then I squish in a little more One Conditioner into my curls to maintain moisture for a couple of days and follow up with some Ultra Defining Gel. I use the shampoo only every 7-10 days but every 3 days I rinse it and apply the conditioner and follow the above routine. After a couple of uses I had no more frizz and I live in humid Florida. Also, I use a vinegar rinse every two weeks to remove any product build up.
The only con I have with the product is the smell - it's a little unpleasant - but their hair gel has a pleasing smell so it's a wash (pun intended).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this conditioner so far, and I've been using it for almost a month. My curls are more conditioned and defined and less frizzy. It doesn't seem to go on as thickly as conditioners I've used in the past, but still provides a good amount of moisture.

I'd definitely buy again if I ran out.

on 3/16/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this conditioner, really. I hate it. Iím glad I only made a short-term commitment by purchasing the small, travel-size bottle. Let me be clear that this conditioner made my curls beautiful! They were defined, soft, low-frizz, and bouncy; the reason I hate this conditioner is the fragrance. It was awful; synthetic, sickly sweet and nauseating. I was so disappointed, but I just couldnít get over the cloying scent. If you like the scent, then this is the conditioner for your curls, but I wonít buy this again. For the record I had 2b/c curls, layered to my mid back.

I look forward to using the one conditioner! My curls yell out more more more! Will repurchase for sure!!!!