DevaCurl One Condition

Aqueous extracts of; achilea millefolium (yarrow), chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cymbopogon schoenanthus (camel grass), humulus lupulus (hops), melissa offcinalis (balm mint), rosmarinus offcinalis (rosemary); cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, olive oil, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, trideceth-12, diazolidinyl urea, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While the No Poo Cleanser is fabulous, I find the One Condition to be virtually worthless :(

This product came highly recommended by everyone- including my hairdresser- but I just don't get the hype. This conditioner provides almost no moisture for my hair and leaves it feeling rough afterward. I hate to say it, but I've had better moisture from drug store conditioners. On top of not providing much moisture, this product is a little pricey. That said, I plan on finishing the bottle, but will not purchase again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hate this conditioner!

The smell is like Toilet Duck cleaner and it has a weird glue-y texture. Luckily I bought this from the wholesaler for $35 CAD for the huge pump bottle. I don't like that this conditioner has lanolin in it. I'm assuming it's for shine, but it made my scalp break out in little pustules. Yuck.

I really, really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I've read so many rave reviews of it and have been hearing about it forever on the Naturally Curly boards. I was so excited when it came to Canadian salons. I find my drugstore conditioner (Down Under Naturals) does a better job at detangling my hair and smells better to boot.

Definitely would not repurchase. I've spent a year trying to get through the pump bottle and I'm almost there. I rotate it with 3 other conditioners and hate the day I use it.

I would suggest buying the smaller size bottle first and seeing how you like it. I can see how this would be better for coarse hair than fine hair like mine.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I completely love it! I have 2c-3a chest length curls, my hair is color treated and tends to be extremely dry. My best friend at the time introduced me to this product and I used it every time I went to her house and I totally loved it. The thing I didn't love was the price, so I never purchased it for myself. My mom's hair stylist introduced her to the DevaCurl line and she loved it. I have pretty thick hair and at the beginning of the year I noticed I was losing A LOT more hair than usual, so my mom gave me hers to try and I remembered why I loved it so much. I have naturally blonde hair and about two years ago I decided I wanted to try something new and go brunette, and I dyed it brown probably 4 times. Eventually I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out and decided I wanted to go back to blonde. I dyed it about 2 or 3 times and it was just coming out really orange! I couldn't have my hair orange, so the day before prom I took a HUGE risk and bleached my whole head and toned it and it came out this beautiful bright blonde and I was IN LOVE! I originally just wanted to go back to my normal blonde but I fell in love with what I came out with. The only problem was this KILLED my hair. It was very healthy before I started dying it and very strong and it just became very dry, it was getting thinner, it was just a disaster! And this product has completely SAVED my hair! I use this in conjunction with DevaCurl no poo and it makes my hair extremely soft, bouncy, and beautiful! You can't even tell how much my hair has been though when I use this product, it just looks amazing. The product itself has a sweet, sort of lemony smell. It's hard to describe, I've heard some say it smells like skittles and I can sort of agree. Personally I LOVE the smell, but in case you don't, don't worry, it doesn't linger in your hair. It's a very light product but it has amazing slip and provides so much moisture. It's literally heaven in a bottle. The price is pretty steep, it ranges anywhere from $20 to about $40-$50, if you look on amazon you can get a pretty good deal on it though (just don't jump on the first one you see, compare prices cause some are wayyy more expensive then others for the same size). I absolutely LOVE this product and have repurchased countless times. It's truly my holy grail conditioner!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great conditioner for my dry, porous, 2b-c hair. It's moisturizing without weighing my hair down, has an addictive sweet, citrus, almost Skittles-like smell, and my comb slips quickly and effortlessly through my hair when I comb it wet while it is saturated with this conditioner. Only drawback is that it can be hard to get the last amount out of the bottle so I wish this came with a pump.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This conditioner is great but once again something in this made my head itch. I am totally depressed about it because I was loving everything about it except for maybe the scent which was a little off but not too terrible. But I just can't sit around scratching my head like a monkey all day.

I ran out of my DevaCare One Condition and my local trade store didn't have any in stock so I bit the bullet and got this one. I have thick hair, wavy with curls. The smell is actually not too bad, floral, but not crazy heavy, which is good because I was initially turned off by the scent of the DevaCurl No Poo. I was skeptical at first also because of the consistency of this product. I liked how thick and nourishing the DevaCare felt and this is definitely thinner. Think body butter vs lotion. HOWEVER, now I truly understand the phrase "great slip" because this conditioner has it. Since I started using it a few weeks ago, I haven't gotten my trademark rat's nest at the nape of my neck or very many tangles at all in my very tangle-prone hair. It's so nice to not worry about that. De tangling in the shower is also much easier. Will repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have almost completely straight, fine, delicate hair.

.... And yet I couldnt resist trying my neice's bottles in the shower (I am visiting my sister) today.
I dont know about getting "adjusted"... Because my hair needed no adjustment to this. My hair came out so clean and beautiful after using these products. I was hoping that the products would bring out my waves more... But alas, the opposite happened (with air dry, large tooth comb, scrunching it... ) It still dried pretty straight. In fact, biolage conditioning balm makes my hair wavier than this stuff, and thats using a regular comb, and no scrunching.
But anyway... Its still a really nice duo... I will probably buy the big bottles of this to have as part of my rotation. It seems to be a fortifying, really healthy product line (going by how great my hair looks and feels).
My hair is SO outrageously shiny and feels really nourished... not weighed down at all... not coated at all... Just shiny and nourished. (hours later I cant stop touching my hair!)

I am growing my hair long again, and want to keep it in great condition as it grows. This may be the ticket (or one of them, at least). My usual go-to's for hair nourishment are the GVP version or the original Biolage Conditioning Balm, Tigi's Moisture Maniac conditioner, Aquage Healing Conditioner, and Creations Garden Leave-in (but I use that one as a deep conditioning treatment that I wash out). For shampoo I usually just stick with Biolage hydrating shampoo or the GVP version... OR Traite sulfate free shampoo.
But the Devacurl No-poo was AMAZING to use, and hair felt fully cleaned by it... And far less dry than when I use the other shampoos I listed above.

This is good stuff, and I think I now understand the price-tag. Once again, a rare product and the rarity and effectiveness make the price of this worth it.

OK - I have aging hair that is beginning to lose the thickness and "bounce" it's always had. I love Pantene's age defying shampoo and conditioner, but there are times when they seem like they're not enough, at least the conditioner. Sometimes I need more detangling and a bit more support for the waviness-bordering-on-curly that my hair does at its best. Anyway, I thought I would try something made especially for curly hair, and Devacurl products are all the rage, according to everything I read and other ladies I know with curls. So I wanted to try the conditioner, and after getting sticker shock at Ulta, I decided to buy from a favorite seller on Ebay - still paying 15.00 for a 12oz. bottle, but figuring I could give it away if I didn't like it - further figuring that wouldn't happen, judging from all the great reviews I've read. Well. It did happen. I don't like this at ALL. Didn't detangle at all, even with a comb in the shower, and once my hair was dry - ICK. Flat, drab, very little body, frizzy, crunchy. I saw a Youtube tutorial that recommended wrapping wet hair in an old t-shirt - and letting it dry naturally or with a diffuser ( I actually have the Devacurl "hand" diffuser attachment) and never using a brush after hair is dry, etc. Nope - just more ick. (Just yesterday I bought John Frieda's Dream Curls conditioner, and I'll review that after I've used it a few more times, but so far, LOVE.) Anyway, for the price and the performance, I would not buy the Devacurl conditioner again. In fact - in view of the very lackluster performance and the prices - I would also be hesitant to try any other Devacurl products, as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for 2 weeks, following the curly girl method, and it works so well! It leaves my curls bouncy and moisturized. I had to use a lot of it the last 2 weeks because my hair was so dry from years of harsh shampoos and heat styling, but I can tell that now my hair is moisturized I can use less conditioner. I apply it and rinse it out, then apply a small amount to leave in. Squish and scrunch the water out, apply gel, and it's good to go!
I love this conditioner, it's pricey but so far it's worth it for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was my first CG approved conditioner and it was definitely a step in the right direction. It's great as both a daily and a leave in conditioner It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls and It was my favorite conditioner before trying Davines Love Conditioner.