October 1, 2014 | 1124 users online

Conditioner - DevaCurl - One Condition

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first CG approved conditioner and it was definitely a step in the right direction. It's great as both a daily and a leave in conditioner It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls and It was my favorite conditioner before trying Davines Love Conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a long review but if you have unmanageable curly hair you have to read this.
I have very curly hair and it is naturally very dry. This product is a god send for me. It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls in my life (not an exaggeration!). I've tried Ouidad, which was ok but doesn't control frizz or maintain moisture the way this product does.
To get the best effect, you can't use a towel to dry hair - you need a cotton T-shirt and then you just squeeze out the water, making an effort not to disturb your curls. It leaves you hair damper than if you used a towel but I use a blow dryer with the diffuser and it takes only a couple of minutes longer. MY ROUTINE: once a week wash with No-Poo (their non-foaming shampoo), then apply One Condition and squish thoroughly into my hair and leave it on while I finish showering. Gently rinse hair and squeeze out water with T-shirt. Then I squish in a little more One Conditioner into my curls to maintain moisture for a couple of days and follow up with some Ultra Defining Gel. I use the shampoo only every 7-10 days but every 3 days I rinse it and apply the conditioner and follow the above routine. After a couple of uses I had no more frizz and I live in humid Florida. Also, I use a vinegar rinse every two weeks to remove any product build up.
The only con I have with the product is the smell - it's a little unpleasant - but their hair gel has a pleasing smell so it's a wash (pun intended).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by calliopemusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this conditioner so far, and I've been using it for almost a month. My curls are more conditioned and defined and less frizzy. It doesn't seem to go on as thickly as conditioners I've used in the past, but still provides a good amount of moisture.

I'd definitely buy again if I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this conditioner, really. I hate it. Iím glad I only made a short-term commitment by purchasing the small, travel-size bottle. Let me be clear that this conditioner made my curls beautiful! They were defined, soft, low-frizz, and bouncy; the reason I hate this conditioner is the fragrance. It was awful; synthetic, sickly sweet and nauseating. I was so disappointed, but I just couldnít get over the cloying scent. If you like the scent, then this is the conditioner for your curls, but I wonít buy this again. For the record I had 2b/c curls, layered to my mid back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by editanazaryan

I look forward to using the one conditioner! My curls yell out more more more! Will repurchase for sure!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

have used this conditioner in the past and had no complaints. left my hair soft and shiny and kept the curls defined and not frizzy. i would consider buying this conditioner in the future (i tend to like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners alot but i would definitely use this again.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've heard rave reviews about this conditioner, and I honestly think it'd be great on coarse curly hair. My hair is curly, but this conditioner weighed it down (it's also very fine). The smell isn't bad, but it's not like popping open an Herbal Essences bottle either. For the price, I regretted buying an entire bottle. For people with fine curly hair, I'd recommend using only a small amount at first to see how your hair responds.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hyleonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only used this conditioner (along with DevaCurl Low Poo) a handful of times but I couldn't continue. I have red dyed hair over natural blonde, oily roots and dry ends (mid back length). I found it did naught to condition my hair after the Low Poo dried my hair out. It made combing my hair a nightmare.
As with Low Poo, I strongly dislike the smell, it reminds me of bathroom/toilet cleaner.
I had it shipped to AUS from the US so I really wanted it to be my HG conditioner (and shampoo). I will keep searching.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Kolran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very thick, dry, frizzy, wavy hair. While the No-Poo and One Condition seemed to give my waves more definition, it also left them extremely sticky and coated feeling. Blow drying my hair straight was an absolute nightmare with this product due to the stickiness. Also, it takes a lot product to shampoo or condition. Though I did find that the conditioner spreads better if your hair is soaking wet when you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Foi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looove this. Never going back to pantene!!
I have long Botticelli type curly hair, and this conditioner leaves my curls soft and hydrated. I used to wash my hair every other day using other conditioners, not because it was really dirty but because my hair would just be so tangled and frizzy by then...but now my curls stay defined and they look sooo much better! I wash my hair less often now, which I really like because it is SUCH a pain to brush out and go through the routine...that also means I use less product!

I put on quite a bit (my hair is really long), leave it in for a minute or two, and then brush out gently, not rinsing. Once out of the shower I use DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel.

Yeah its pricey, but totally worth it. I've had no negative side effects from it, I read one review where the user broke out on her scalp, that did not happen to me, and I have dry acne-prone skin.