October 22, 2014 | 2114 users online

Conditioner - DevaCurl - One Condition

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

OK - I have aging hair that is beginning to lose the thickness and "bounce" it's always had. I love Pantene's age defying shampoo and conditioner, but there are times when they seem like they're not enough, at least the conditioner. Sometimes I need more detangling and a bit more support for the waviness-bordering-on-curly that my hair does at its best. Anyway, I thought I would try something made especially for curly hair, and Devacurl products are all the rage, according to everything I read and other ladies I know with curls. So I wanted to try the conditioner, and after getting sticker shock at Ulta, I decided to buy from a favorite seller on Ebay - still paying 15.00 for a 12oz. bottle, but figuring I could give it away if I didn't like it - further figuring that wouldn't happen, judging from all the great reviews I've read. Well. It did happen. I don't like this at ALL. Didn't detangle at all, even with a comb in the shower, and once my hair was dry - ICK. Flat, drab, very little body, frizzy, crunchy. I saw a Youtube tutorial that recommended wrapping wet hair in an old t-shirt - and letting it dry naturally or with a diffuser ( I actually have the Devacurl "hand" diffuser attachment) and never using a brush after hair is dry, etc. Nope - just more ick. (Just yesterday I bought John Frieda's Dream Curls conditioner, and I'll review that after I've used it a few more times, but so far, LOVE.) Anyway, for the price and the performance, I would not buy the Devacurl conditioner again. In fact - in view of the very lackluster performance and the prices - I would also be hesitant to try any other Devacurl products, as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 2 weeks, following the curly girl method, and it works so well! It leaves my curls bouncy and moisturized. I had to use a lot of it the last 2 weeks because my hair was so dry from years of harsh shampoos and heat styling, but I can tell that now my hair is moisturized I can use less conditioner. I apply it and rinse it out, then apply a small amount to leave in. Squish and scrunch the water out, apply gel, and it's good to go!
I love this conditioner, it's pricey but so far it's worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first CG approved conditioner and it was definitely a step in the right direction. It's great as both a daily and a leave in conditioner It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls and It was my favorite conditioner before trying Davines Love Conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a long review but if you have unmanageable curly hair you have to read this.
I have very curly hair and it is naturally very dry. This product is a god send for me. It is the FIRST TIME I have had soft, bouncy, smooth curls in my life (not an exaggeration!). I've tried Ouidad, which was ok but doesn't control frizz or maintain moisture the way this product does.
To get the best effect, you can't use a towel to dry hair - you need a cotton T-shirt and then you just squeeze out the water, making an effort not to disturb your curls. It leaves you hair damper than if you used a towel but I use a blow dryer with the diffuser and it takes only a couple of minutes longer. MY ROUTINE: once a week wash with No-Poo (their non-foaming shampoo), then apply One Condition and squish thoroughly into my hair and leave it on while I finish showering. Gently rinse hair and squeeze out water with T-shirt. Then I squish in a little more One Conditioner into my curls to maintain moisture for a couple of days and follow up with some Ultra Defining Gel. I use the shampoo only every 7-10 days but every 3 days I rinse it and apply the conditioner and follow the above routine. After a couple of uses I had no more frizz and I live in humid Florida. Also, I use a vinegar rinse every two weeks to remove any product build up.
The only con I have with the product is the smell - it's a little unpleasant - but their hair gel has a pleasing smell so it's a wash (pun intended).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by calliopemusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this conditioner so far, and I've been using it for almost a month. My curls are more conditioned and defined and less frizzy. It doesn't seem to go on as thickly as conditioners I've used in the past, but still provides a good amount of moisture.

I'd definitely buy again if I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this conditioner, really. I hate it. Iím glad I only made a short-term commitment by purchasing the small, travel-size bottle. Let me be clear that this conditioner made my curls beautiful! They were defined, soft, low-frizz, and bouncy; the reason I hate this conditioner is the fragrance. It was awful; synthetic, sickly sweet and nauseating. I was so disappointed, but I just couldnít get over the cloying scent. If you like the scent, then this is the conditioner for your curls, but I wonít buy this again. For the record I had 2b/c curls, layered to my mid back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by editanazaryan

I look forward to using the one conditioner! My curls yell out more more more! Will repurchase for sure!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

have used this conditioner in the past and had no complaints. left my hair soft and shiny and kept the curls defined and not frizzy. i would consider buying this conditioner in the future (i tend to like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners alot but i would definitely use this again.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've heard rave reviews about this conditioner, and I honestly think it'd be great on coarse curly hair. My hair is curly, but this conditioner weighed it down (it's also very fine). The smell isn't bad, but it's not like popping open an Herbal Essences bottle either. For the price, I regretted buying an entire bottle. For people with fine curly hair, I'd recommend using only a small amount at first to see how your hair responds.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hyleonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only used this conditioner (along with DevaCurl Low Poo) a handful of times but I couldn't continue. I have red dyed hair over natural blonde, oily roots and dry ends (mid back length). I found it did naught to condition my hair after the Low Poo dried my hair out. It made combing my hair a nightmare.
As with Low Poo, I strongly dislike the smell, it reminds me of bathroom/toilet cleaner.
I had it shipped to AUS from the US so I really wanted it to be my HG conditioner (and shampoo). I will keep searching.