September 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Mascara - Lise Watier - Base Extraordinaire Volumizing Las Builder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by plasticbread

Thankfully I got this product free. Base Extraordinaire is to be applied on your eyelashes before you use mascara. The product is a white liquid with small little fibers in it. The packaging is small white tube, with a silver handle. When I tried it the first time I liked it, but after doing an experiment by applying the base on only one eye and applying mascara on both eyes I did not notice any difference. It may also work different on several types of mascaras, such as thickening versus lenghtening. Anyone who wears contact lenses may be wise not to purchase this because of the small fibers. I don't wear contacts but on a few occasions I have felt the fibers in my eyes and it is irritating. Looking at the ingredient listing, the fibers are rayon. It takes at least another minute in your makeup routine to apply this product. Overall, I would not purchase this product because I don't notice any difference in the appearance of my lashes. Update: I found a good use for this product - it extends the life of mascara's which I would normally throw out when the mascara stops performing.