November 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

Self Tanners - Aveeno - Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by LandonJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about the palest they come, and it was getting time to finally get some color. I decided to go out on a whim and buy this stuff. After three days of using this product, I was getting compliments and I was seeing noticeable difference in my color. If definitely buy this stuff again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I can see this being a winter self-tanner since it only gives a subtle glow or bronze. I don't like the smell (to me it smells like fish....?!)but the smell goes away in a few mins so I can put up with it. It absorbs quickly and doesn't make me look fake baked in the winter since the color is so subtle. Overall it's a basic daily moisturizer with a bit of color thus the three lippie. I wouldn't buy it again I like the Olay night self-tanner much better for smell, moisture and color factor

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by onarainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this a year or so ago after wanting to get a tan without actually using the sun or a tanning bed. Without the damage...

Anyway, I got the fair skin one. I haven't really used it properly until now. It's so gradual that you really do have to put it on once a day (or more than once) to actually see any results. I couldn't be bothered with that and put it on once or twice a week and was wondering why I hardly got any tan at all. Last night I spend quite awhile putting on many layers of this stuff before bed. I put on a layer, waited 10 minutes or so for it to soak in and then did another layer and went on like that.

When I was done the last layer (I think I did four...), my skin looked pretty nice already. Looked very healthy and glowing. But, when I woke up it was a different story. I have very pale, cool coloured skin otherwise, but this stuff turned me a shade of yellow. Not orange! Yellow. Worse in my opinion! It looks like I have jaundice. I wouldn't say I'm all that tanned either. No deepening of tone. Just a change in colour from white to yellow. Definitely won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by candycane40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am trying this for the first time and actually was only given a tube for a product test. Well there are no instructions on it so I just want to know how to use, how much, how often and do you wait to or after a shower. Then I will let you know my opinion on it. Also I love the smell. Use to buy all those cheap tanners (all I really can afford) but they streak, run and fade. I was at the gym and my friend said your shirt is brown, how embarrassing. I also have sensitive skin.

Thanks for the help

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite gradual self-tanner. I can find many faults in the formulation of self-tanners in general but this product's faults are minimized. Although the smell of DHA seems inevitable, this product doesn't smell too strong, it provides a nice brown colour as opposed to orange (I find it's best to use the formula for dark skin even though I am pale - tanning still remains gradual and natural but is more noticeable). This product penetrates more quickly so I can get dressed more quickly and there is less risk of transfer to my clothes. I hate self-tanners because they're such a pain to use but if I had to choose, I would pick this one - very affordable too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the awfulness that was Dove Energy Glow, I turned to Aveeno to provide me with some faux color. I'm a LLL, and I got this in the medium tones, as I do with all gradual tanners. I follow the same routine with this as I do with any other self-tanning product: good exfoliation, regular lotion first on elbows/knees/whatnot, wear gloves to apply. It sinks in and dries quickly, and doesn't have a strong smell at all. It's not the most moisturizing thing in the world, but that's okay. The best thing about this product is that the color looks pretty darn natural, with no overpowering yellow or orange tones at all. However, it does take several applications for noticeable color to develop. And at it's darkest, the color is VERY subtle. (Which, I suppose, lends to the natural look it provides.) You're not going to look like a sun goddess with this, but your skintone will be nice and even and maybe a couple of shades darker. It's pretty goof-proof, too. I've found no lines, streaks, or other color weirdness. And for the most part, I now skip the regular lotion first (except for the elbows). So overall, I'm pretty pleased with this. It would be nice if it provided a little more color, but I'll buy it again regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd do my skin some good and cutback on sun exposure for the summer so I decided to give self-tanners a go. I've actually used this product last year but I couldn't remember how it was for me. I had some left over anyways so I tried it again. Didn't seem to do so well with other reviewers but it's worked great on me. First, it does not stink like other self-tanners do. Second, I find it IS moisturizing for me. Lastly and most importantly, I notice the tan a couple of hours after application. I find it does build up really quickly for me. For instance, this week I started it again (I get lazy and stop, but I'll apply this on a week before for a week before any upcoming events which require leg exposure), and I'm on my second day, and my pastiness is gone - I can notice a huge difference! It does not go orangey on me either. I can imagine it would on individuals with very fair/porcelain skin with pink undertones.I got the yellow asian undertones so I think that might be why I don't turn orange. Th e only downside I have is that it doesn't last very long.. I'd say 2 to 3 days without using it, it'll fade. What I do is apply everyday after I shower (and exfoliate in the shower!) until I'm satisfied with the 'tan' I achieve, then only apply every other day or every other 2 days. Don't forget to wash your hands! And leave out the knees and elbows if they're dark.
----
I really like this product and its considerable cheap. It's $13.99CAD for a 222mL @ SDM, but I got it on sale a couple of days ago. I can imagine it'd be cheaper at Wal-Mart since everything else seems to be lol. Good stuff! Lay off the tanning beds this year =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Estee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just ok to me. It takes forever to develop a tan and it STINKS! The smell makes my eyes burn!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Easy to apply
Minimal scent

Cons:
Not dark enough
Not hydrating
Pills

Conclusion:
This is okay for someone who isn't as tan as I am, but for me I didn't get much colour from it. I was hoping it would be moisturizing, but if you apply to much it pills and rolls off you skin. This is a half-decent product, I wouldn't buy it even if it where on sale.

Alternative:
Nivea Summer Touch - more hydrating, better scent and texture, slightly darker

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am generally impressed with this self tanner- of course I have little choice considering this is one of the only ones that doesn't cause an allergic reaction.

But still I really love using this on my face. I have somehow developed darkness around my eyes and I guess I was a bit pale in the cheek area- applied this one night and woke up looking healthy!!

I have to agree with the post below me, you only need a thin layer of this stuff because gobbing it on can cause unevenness-

I had to remove a lippie because the color is a bit subtle for me- Even though I am fairly light toned individual, I was hoping for a bit more color- but the color you do get is far from fakey orange in my opinion!!

Bottom line, I feel it is worth a shot for anyone who is interested!!