August 28, 2014 | 1185 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Shadow - Ivory Illusion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

i love this eyeshadow in everywayy!!! i wear it almost everyday!! it is perfect for a natural everyday look. hahah and it feels like heavan when u put it on because it is just so smooth and airy!! and the best thing is u dont even have to deal with the brishes because u can pick this up with ur finger

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kh0pe

I LOVE THIS.

Normally I wear my Bare Study Paintpot from MAC, and then put a few natural shadows overtop (so that it doesn't crease, and that I don't just have shimmer up to my browbone).
WELL, let me tell you, this mousse shadow saves me so much time in the morning ! I just put some on my lid, and use a matte cream-coloured shadow on my browbone (two products!) and I'm done. Except of course, mascara. I haven't touched my Paintpot in weeks, whereas before I got this mousse eyeshadow, I hadn't gone a day without it.

This doesn't crease, and stays all day on it's own. It looks like Bare Study, but it doesn't crease. The only thing that I wouldn't mind seeing is more pigmentation, it's more of just a nice shimmer/sheen. But still, I love it.

Looking for an alternative to Bare Study ? Try this. It's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by raynachan

love love love it!! looks great with my skin tone, it's pretty and shimmery, get for parties and nightclubs but i would not recommend wearing it for day time because it's too glittery. it goes on so light and so easy with the finger tips. it doesn't crease and feels smooth and airy when wearing it and it doesn't fade fast (i use primer though). i wish they kept selling this because i find it fantastic! the packaging is SO pretty and nice and it's not at an expensive price. a little goes a long way with this one so it'll last you a good amount of time. i would totally buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this product but I would never wear it as an eyeshadow all by itself as it isn't very pigmented. My routine is to apply an eye cream all around my eye area (even my lids and browbones) and once that has pretty much been absorbed I apply a light film of Ivory Illusion. I then pat just the teensiest bit of loose face powder over it then apply my powder eyeshadows. My shadows stay fresh all day without creasing and the subtle shimmer this product imparts is just beautiful! I was told a few years ago that women in their 40's should stick to wearing matte shadows and I tried that for awhile but I find mattes to be flat and boring and in fact make me look older while a bit of soft shimmer reflects the light and is very flattering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this. I got a whole bunch of these on sale the other day for a couple bucks each. While I hated some of them, I loved a couple. This was one of the ones I loved. The color is great. I got a couple compliments the first day I wore it. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit greesy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by stefanielw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE the color!
Its such a great one to give a little life to my eyes without messing with doing a full eye. GREAT highlighter!

Although I like the creamy consistency, I couldn't find a better way to apply this than with my fingers and I know that's not particularly sanitary.

The staying power was pretty good. It was GREAT when I used my UD primer.

I wish I could find this in the store again. I settled for a Cover Girl in a similar color but the staying power blew chunks. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by colettaaa

when i bought this i was looking for a nice alternative to the mousse shadow in vanilla veil which i use almost every day.
pros:
-its a good eye shadow primer for powder shadows
-it brightens up my eye a little bit and makes me look more awake
-has great lasting power
cons:
-from the name "ivory illusion" i expected some sort of off white creamy color, not a goldish color with pink which is what it looks like on my NC15-20 skintone.
-the sparkles in this eyeshadow are more obvious on me than the ones in vanilla veil-making it harder to use as a highlighter.
it wasn't wat i was looking for exactly, i was looking for a great alternative to my beloved vanilla veil. but since i only spent $2 on it i wud consider it a decent buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this intending to use as a highlight/shadow base. And after trying the mousse foundation formula by Maybelline and loving it, I figured this would a winner. I kind of liked it in the beginning, but now when attempting to use it - it crumbles!!! I'm not sure if this is one those products that you have to use right away and not sit for months. (which is a bad habit I have ) but I guess that's the con in getting a mousse/cream product. I want to toss this but will probably TRY to finish this as I will attempt to use as a shadow base. I would NEVER purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was way too shiny and light in color for my taste. I was looking for a great cream neutral shadow. This was very unflattering on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lola108

I like this product, and I will buy other shades of the Dream Mousse. I found this on sale and it was only $2, so I decided I couldn't pass it up. The shade is very natural. It brightens up your eyes with just a little bit of shimmer. I didn't need much product at all to get the look I wanted with this eyeshadow. It feels very light on my eyelids, which is another plus. Overall, this is a nice, natural shadow that really brightens up your eyes.