August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous with Curved Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lemonfresh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a long-time user and fan of regular old Voluminous, but somehow I accidentally picked up the curved-brush version instead. Didn't think there would be much difference, but this is so smudgy. More than once I would get to work only to find black smears under my eyes--so embarrassing! I hope it's just a problem with this version and not regular Voluminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Benefit They're Real! and it's a superb mascara but I heard there were drugstore brands out there that are as good or better than HE brands at any price. I tried The Falsies (the one in the purple tube with turquoise trim) and LOVE it, but mostly for nights out as it creates a very bold, very black lash. I needed a reliable daytime-look mascara and I was told to try regular L'Oreal Voluminous, and when I saw this one with a curved brush on sale BOGO50% so I grabbed it.

I have straight, short dark lashes, so I prefer a curved brush. I always "wiggle" the brush in the tube (don't pump!) then "wiggle" it at the base on both sides of my lashes, then "push back" on the tips of my lashes in front and hold a moment to form a natural curl. I have never been able to get the hang of lash curlers. I am not one of those people that can slap on mascara super fast; I would put and eye out if I tried that. Maybe that's why I've had more success with this particular product than some other reviewers.

This mascara is more of a charcoal color and with a slightly goopy consistency out of the tube, but it goes on very smooth with no clumping on my lashes. Although not as carbon black as I'd like, it is plenty dark enough for a daytime look, and when combined with tightlining on my upper lid it gives my lashes the appearance of lots of volume.

Since I'm happy with The Falsies as a nighttime look (and I have two extra tubes stocked up from sales) I will stick with that and use Voluminous Curved for daytime. I will definitely buy again and do recommend to friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I had to update my review because my opinion has changed. Now halfway through the tube, this mascara clumps a lot and very easily. I can't get through the second coat without clumps. Placing an order for my Buxom soon...

I am not a fan of over the counter make up period! My go to mascara is Buxom by Bare Essentials. It's my fav but it does dry up fast causing me to go through a tube per month. Frankly, I can't afford $20 mascara all the time... So, I've heard good things about L'Oreal Voluminous so I had to give it a shot ($8 bucks how could i not?) I am shocked to say I am very pleased with this mascara. I LOVE the curved wand which works well with my small eyes. It reaches all my lashes with one swipe and is very easy to build without clumping. I like the wet formula because I prefer my lashes to be super dark, long, and full and this formula does just that. It does not compare to my Buxom but for the sticker price it sure comes close. I will purchase this mascara again when I can't get to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I'm so disappointed with this product. Usually I'm a sucker for a curved brush and can make pretty much any mascara with one work... then I bought this. My lashes are pretty long, not super super long, but not short my any means. They lack thickness and are blonde on the tips. I usually go for a voluminous mascara. The claims on the packaging of this mascara sold me on it. I was previously using the Colossal Mascara by Maybelline, but it flakes if used on lower lashes so I decided to just try this. Let me tell you, it's claims to be non-clumping and flake-free are false. It does flake - not bad - but still, it does. My biggest issue is that it is a PAIN IN THE A$$ to put on! The brush comes out of the tube with way too much product on it. Even if you clean it off, this stuff is just way clumpy and gets all over my lids and there's no way to control the eyelid smears because of the curve of the brush, the bristles and the ridiculous amount of product on the brush. I'm stopping tonight to get something else. This mascara is crap. I wish I had kept the receipt so I could return it. In the trash it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by gilliaga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I should have looked here before buying this mascara, even though I wicked deal on it. The curved brush is a mess...so much mascara to wipe off before you can start application and even then, it's totally clumpy. I might try the straight brush instead, but there would have to be a good sale price attached for me to truly consider it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara with the regular wand, but the curved wand is a disaster! Way too much product comes out and if you don't wipe most of it off it is very difficult to apply (wet and clumpy.) Stick to the straight brush!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Itsmeellep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like how lightweight this mascara is. It doesn't flake or clump up on your lashes if you apply it in several light coats. I'm not too good at curling my eyelashes with the straight brush so I can definitely appreciate the curved brush. Gives your eyes that hint of "pop" that you need without looking too dramatic. Overall, pretty good mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

I would buy L'oreal mascara again, in different shape of the tube. This mascara lets too much out, but it is pretty good at lengthening and volumizing without giving out spider lashes. I do need to put a few layers before I can get the look I like. It's not bad for its price and a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

Kind of hating this mascara. It's very wet and thick, like Maybelline Great Lash. Also, the curved brush is too big. I have big eyes, and long lashes, and a steady hand, but somehow I get the mascara all over my face with this brush. It's also VERY clumpy, even though I wipe off the excess mascara from the brush almost every day. Like someone else wrote, this will probably be better when it dries out - which is pretty sad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this worked really well when it was super dried out. But who wants to wait for their mascara to dry out?? I don't. Won't repurchase