December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Loreal Professionnel Silver shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Carolinejagbrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy Jesus! I do prefer to but joico.. And well, joico does the job, but can be Hard to get all over your hair because of the texure.. This LOVELY schampoo i used for the first time today, and i was chocked by the texture, feels like a regulare schampoo = Easy to get in to you hair! Hurrrraaaay!
Did it damage my hair? LESS than joico. But as we All know.. After use of a silverschampo, you MUST use conditioner.
Did the yellow Tones go away? My boyfriend asked if i toned my hair - says it all to me.
Did use it as a regular schampoo, didn't leave it in for mor than 1 minute. THANK god, otherwise i might got a platina-blonde hair.)
If you are allergic (like me), be careful though.. You might get a itchy scalp otherwise.
I LOVE this schampoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by thegypsy23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my hair salon dyed platinum blonde (practically white), around 7 weeks ago. After a few washes, my hair began to get a yellowish tone to it. I tried out a few conditioners, none seemed to get my hair to the same white/platinum color that it was when I initially got it colored. After reading several rave reviews about Loreal silver shampoo, I decided to try it… let me just say, and I've only used it during one wash, it was not at all what I was expecting. The lathering process was fine, I think I left the shampoo on for about 2-3 minutes. I rinsed the shampoo out with no problem - I feared that my hair would be extremely dry/brittle etc - but it wasn't. My hair felt silky smooth and soft. The horror came when I looked in the mirror. My hair was completely lavender! This shampoo literally removed every trace of my platinum/yellowish blonde and replaced it with a lavender color. I was in complete shock. I had no idea that a shampoo could be potent enough to change a bleach blonde into a purple/lavenderish. I tried another shampoo, to remove the color - no such luck. Now, I can only hope that with time, plenty of sun, and a few wash sessions, I can get my hair back to the salon color that I purchased 7 weeks ago. Ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Toritoro

This is one of my more preferred purple shampoo. It really does a great job at fighting brassiness! It takes my nasty yellow hair to a nice ashy beige. Sometimes it can do too good of a job if I leave it in too long, giving me grey/lavender/silver hair, but I would take that over yellow hair any day. It does leave hair dry and hard to brush through. However, there are ways to combat that. Personally I use a moisturizing conditioner. After washing I use moisturizing leave in conditioner (Aveda Dry Remedy) along with an oil treatment (Aveda Dry Remedy) that leaves my hair soft and silky as it should be. The leave in conditioner also helps to make it a little more easy to brush through. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sphynx97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great silver shampoo, for its price!
Gets my blonde hair grey/silver, depends on how long I leave it on. Builds up nice and after a amount of time turns my hair lilac (after building it up for a special amount of showers) . Always gets comments on my hair when I use this product. Some say my hair looks like a old ladys when its really grey, but I love it. This product (as I have noticed) reacts only to the yellow parts, not the really light brown, so if you have a little patchy coloring like I, if used to much it starts to look kinda funny.

This product does the job and are just a matter of playing around a little and figure out for yourself what time and how much you need. Got no issues with it, but be warned it does dry out you're hair like crazy, and for me is a pain in the "" to brush my hair out after using it!
But ether way I like the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

it's a good shampoo for blondes. i love it when my hair shines and looks very bright, and when i use this shampoo my hair looks outstanding! problem is, that it does dry out my hair. what i do: i use dove shampoo (for colored/damaged hair - just something with moist in it) and mix it with the silver loreal shampoo (1:1 ratio). i rinse it all off and then use a mask (dove's) to keep my hair soft and not dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by amoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only toning shampoo I buy! Noticeably removes yellow and leaves my hair soft

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I LOVEEEEE THIS PRODUCT!

I am asian and naturally have black hair. I've had my hair dyed dark brown for a while now but kinda wanted my hair lighter for the summer so I recently got my hair highlighted all over and then a green tone ash toner put over my whole head. I am now a light ash brown (maybe close to dark ash blonde) all over with some definition cause of the highlights. I LOVED the color of my hair. It looked silvery green toned light brown (If that makes sense). Anyway the ash NEVER stays on anyone after 2 weeks if you're a person that washes your hair everyday (me). Once the ash fades for asian hair, it turns back to a warm light brown. After 2 weeks of the ash fading, I decided to try and see if a purple/violet or indigo/blue shampoo would work. Now normally I know this stuff only works on white, grey or light blond hair. But I wanted to try and see anyway so I bought this one. But this wasn't the first one. I tried, AG sterling silver everyday for a week (didn't work), John Freida's Sheer Blonde (didn't work, worse one yet), and then this. You only need to use purple shampoo twice a week but I used this for 3 days straight and my hair went back to a very ashy tone except my highlights went a little darker. And I think the reason why this worked so well is cause this stains the hair. Stained inside my finger nails too. Once my hair was stained, it gave me this ashy grey tone and THAT'S what I wanted!! I'M SOOOO GLAD this worked for "light light brown", almost dark blonde, hair. Only thing I really hate is the manly cologne smell. Very musky. I shower in the day so the smell stays on all day. Wish it was just a unisex fresh scent.

Overall, I think if you were actually platinum blond and do not want your hair to be stained blueish-purple, you should probably just leave it on for 5mins once or twice a week. But if you like the lilac stain, by all means, leave it on for more than 5mins, twice a week. Blonde hair, yes, but may stain as well. Dark blonde, yes. Very, very light brown, yes. For dark brown hair to black hair, it does not do anything. =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i just received the product today, and I wanted to record my initial thoughts while they're still fresh.

I paid ~$15 for this at http://us.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx (NA). They don't charge shipping. I ordered on January 19th, it shipped out on the 21st, and I received it on February 1st, exactly 13 days after placing my order. They provided a tracking number that NEVER worked. Their website said it would probably arrive after 7 days, but to contact them if I'd not received my package after 14 days, and I was just about to email them tomorrow.

Anyway, as for the product itself....
the bottle was much smaller than I expected. I'm one of those people thar orders stuff without checking to see what size it is. Compared to a regular size bottle of Suave shampoo, this is shorter but slightly fatter, and maybe 2/3 the size, I'd guess.

my hair is naturally a dark ash blonde, or very light ash brown, that in-between color. some parts near my hairline grow in strawberry blonde. for years i dyed it to match the redder color, so my ends were dry and damaged. i switched to henna for a couple years, so then my ends were lighter, but all of my hair was very warm-toned, leaning orange. i recently decided i want to go back to my natural color, but i dont want to dye my hair and risk damaging it any more than it already is. So while i'm growing it out I thought using a toning shampoo to remove some of the warm tones would be helpful. right now my roots look almost grey in comparison to my very warm-toned length.

the color of this shampoo is what i would call indigo-- right in between blue and purple, and is quite dark and opaque.

the scent is quite strong-- not perfumey, but more of a chemical smell. i can see how some people would not be a fan of it. i swiped a drop on the back of my hand, rubbed it there for a few seconds, and then rinsed it away, and could smell the scent on my hand still. its been a few hours, and i can still faintly smell it there, but now its a much more plesant scent-- maybe just b/c its not so strong anymore?

when i rinsed the shampoo off of my hand it did take a bit of rubbing to get it all off, but it left no stain on my hand. from what i hear these types of toning shampoos work by leaving behind a buildup of the color, so i'm curious if 1-- it will leave an unplesant, heavy buildup on my hair, 2-- it will be hard to rinse out, and 3-- if it will make my hair look darker. after the LO goes to bed i'l be trying this out, so i'll be back with an update. my plan is to mix a bit with water in a bowl, and dunk my dry length in, avoiding the ashy roots. i'll let that sit for a bit while i'm in the bath, then i'll massage it down into my roots and let THAT sit for a couple minutes, and then rinse it all out. normally i only use water to wash my hair, and shampoo very lightly once every other month or so. if my hair feels dry i'll use a 'cone-free conditioner. i do believe this has 'cones on it though

UPDATE 02/02/13: here are my findings after using this last night. on a sacle of 1 to 10, this shampoo gets a 7 on how well it lathers. to get a substancial lather a more-than-normal amount of product was needed. no big deal, since i planned on using quite a bit for my first use anyway, but used as an "everyday" shampoo i could see that being a problem.

while the shampoo looks indigo in the bottle, ir rinses out a medium blue color.

it was not difficult at ALL to rinse from my hair. In fact, it was easier than a lot of other shampoos. it left my hair feeling very dry while it was wet, and "squeeky clean". for this reason i very lightly conditioned my length.

after my hair dried my hair felt/feels VERY soft and was/is very shiny. the part that did not get conditioner was even softer than the part that did. for this reason, i wont use conditioner at all next time.

i generally have a very itchy, flaky scalp, and have tried numerous things to treat it. So far, this seems to have helped, while other shampoos usually make my scalp even more dry and flaky. i plan to use this mostly on my length as opposed to scalp, but we'll see how it goes.

as far as my haircolor being affected, it DOES seem to be slighly less warm toned, and the ends, which were a considerably lighter red than the middle part, do seem to be a tad bit darker. this makes the ends more closely resember the middle, which is good. i was worried that my roots might be even MORE cool-toned, but if they are its not a huge difference. i was also worried that and dry flakes on my scalp might be stained blue/purple, but this did not happen (thank god!). its been roughly 17 hours since i shampooed, and my hair has basically no smell to it. last night after my hair had dried it did have a slight smell of the shampoo, only more perfumey. i'm glad it didnt make my hair smell like chemicals. I'll update again after repeated uses. As mentioned above, I normally shampoo once every 2 months, but this has made my hiar feel so nice that I plan to use it maybe once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by nm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Give price a 1 because it very cheap if you know where to go ie salon supplies cost me £10 for 1500ml so really cheap, great toning shampoo gets rid of all yellow tones, leave on for 5 mins wash my hair with it twice a week, doest dry my hair out :) you can also use it as your toner right after bleaching you hair, get it dry and then put this on for 15 mins, will make you hair platinum blonde!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Tukijan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My hair started graying when I was 29 y.o, now at 43 y,o I have a fully gray hair.
This shampoo eliminates all traces of yellowness , and makes my hair shimmering white.Totally white, with no yellow / brownish shade in sight.