I purchased this along with the caudalie hand lotion in the sephora black friday sale. it cost $10 for the lip conditioner and the lotion, so i don't feel as ripped off. I personally don't find that it moisturizes any better than eos, or burt's bees. the packaging is really pretty, and i love caudalie as a brand, but i don't think $12 for this chapstick is worth it.
I normally stockpile this product as it's the one thing that I can't live without! However I really hate the smell of the new formulation. The old one had a light vanilla scent and was very pleasant. The new one is overly fragranced and smells like the hand cream which is a strong orange blossom scent. It's nice for a hand cream but not on your lips.
I contacted Caudalie to ask if they have access to the old version that I could purchase and they said nothing was available. Interestingly enough when I went to Paris a few months later, I noticed that they only sell the old version there. Looks like the "new" formula is maybe in North America only?
Needless to say I purchased 10 while in Europe to hold me over for a while!
This is my favorite lip balm ever. I've re-purchased it over and over. I love it because it moisturizes my lips without leaving a funny taste and I don't notice any fragrance. The balm is a creamy color and leaves no color on the lips. I have never had any problem with lip line blackheads, which I have gotten with some other lip balms. It comes in a durable plastic case with a very good lid. The only negatives for me are the price (12 USD) and the fact that I have to order it online, but this will not cause me to lower my overall rating of the product because I think it's so good.
This is a strange product. I bought it yesterday. Here's the verdict:
Moisturising: Yes. Leaves lips soft and smooth.
Reapplication: I need it every hour.
Texture: this is where I have the problem. It's thick, and waxy in feeling. Lips seem to love it but I hate the feel of the product on my lips. It might be because I live in Canada and apparently cold weather makes this lip conditioner hard.
Packaging: love the packaging.
I applied it overnight on exfoliated lips and then coated it with smiths rosebud salve. I'll update tomorrow to see how they helped my lips.
Repurchase? Probably not. Will have to see
Just re-purchased this. I was using Nuxe Reve de Miel (both stick and pot) when I received one of these in a travel kit and after trying it immediately switched. It's only slightly less matt than Nuxe and therefore good to use under lipstick. It's got a light texture but is still moisturising. I like that I feel like my lips can breathe through it.
I received this in a Caudalie favorites gift set. There is very little fragrance and it has a thin and non-greasy texture. This product is great to use under lipstick/lipgloss, since it is not thick or goopy, it doesn't dilute the color you place on top of it, however, I do not recommend this if you have super dry lips or for a balm to wear overnight. My lips tend to be quite dry, so this is not effective for treatment at all. I will continue to use it under my lipstick during the day, but would not repurchase. If you don't have an issue with super chapped lips, you may like this product.
Overall, it's a OK product. A Bit oily, it helps moisturizing my cracked lips for a while, but I need to reaply it often. The price is high (I paid 80 Chinese yuan for that), and I would like to try other products out there. Currently I am happy with Elizabeth Arden, so I am not going back to Caudalie.
I first purchased this lip conditioner from Sephora a few years ago, and now whenever I visit Europe I stockpile these. I love the vanilla scent, which I find comforting when I apply it at night before going to bed. In the morning, my lips are smooth and plump and ready for lip color. Since I've been wearing more matte lipsticks lately, I really appreciate the moisturizing properties of this product. It can get hard in colder temperatures, but it softens with body heat and doesn't feel waxy.
Smells great and has a nice feel too it. Not greasy which is a big plus. My lips get dry quickly and this helps. Smooth texture and easy to apply. However, it is a little brittle and prone to breakage and in my opinion somewhat overpriced.
A friend of mine sent me this lip because she got it free from sephora. Honestly I would have never picked it up on my own because I am more than happy with my current lip conditioner. I actually really like it, though. It smells exactly like fruit loops, no taste, not greasy. It feels smooth 90% of the time, but the other 10% it feels strangely gritty. I can slather this on after tearing skin off my lips and the next morning they are healed. Overall I like this product a lot. Will I buy another when I run out? Probably not.