Caudalie Grapeseed Lip Conditioner

3.8

helianthus Annus (sunflower) seed oil*, Ricinuc Communis (castor) seed oil*, cera alba (beeswax), oryza sativa (rice) bran wax*, Cetyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) extract*, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax*, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax*, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil*, cetearyl alcohol*, palmitic Acid*, stearic acid*, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, parfum (fragrance), palmitoyl grape seed extract*. hydrogenated castor oil*; tocopheryl acetate*, ammonium glycyrrhizate*, glyceryl oleate, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid. (* denotes plant origin)

on 5/24/2015 4:10:00 AM

I wasn't too keen on it when I originally bought it, but after a few days of use I can see and feel the difference, so thumbs up! A big plus for me is that it doesn't have that Vaseline smell/taste, since it only contains vegetable oils. I don't mind the citrus scent, it's nice. Packaging is very good, high quality sturdy plastic. Originally I thought it wouldn't be very moisturising, since it's not a very emollient formula, but it works! If you can get it on offer with hand cream included, get it. That hand cream is awesome!

on 2/23/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was okay but not anything special. It wasnt moisturizing enough for me to use as a night lip moisturizer. I used this up fast. So I dont think its worth the price.

on 12/30/2014 8:56:00 AM

This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used! It's thick in consistency and it protects the lips really well and in depth. The scent is a little bit strong but I don't mind that. As for the price, the last time that I bought in the farmacy it was on sale, only 3,50 euros (usually it's around 5,50).

on 12/4/2014 2:15:00 PM

I purchased this along with the caudalie hand lotion in the sephora black friday sale. it cost $10 for the lip conditioner and the lotion, so i don't feel as ripped off. I personally don't find that it moisturizes any better than eos, or burt's bees. the packaging is really pretty, and i love caudalie as a brand, but i don't think $12 for this chapstick is worth it.

on 9/10/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally stockpile this product as it's the one thing that I can't live without! However I really hate the smell of the new formulation. The old one had a light vanilla scent and was very pleasant. The new one is overly fragranced and smells like the hand cream which is a strong orange blossom scent. It's nice for a hand cream but not on your lips.
I contacted Caudalie to ask if they have access to the old version that I could purchase and they said nothing was available. Interestingly enough when I went to Paris a few months later, I noticed that they only sell the old version there. Looks like the "new" formula is maybe in North America only?
Needless to say I purchased 10 while in Europe to hold me over for a while!

on 6/27/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite lip balm ever. I've re-purchased it over and over. I love it because it moisturizes my lips without leaving a funny taste and I don't notice any fragrance. The balm is a creamy color and leaves no color on the lips. I have never had any problem with lip line blackheads, which I have gotten with some other lip balms. It comes in a durable plastic case with a very good lid. The only negatives for me are the price (12 USD) and the fact that I have to order it online, but this will not cause me to lower my overall rating of the product because I think it's so good.

on 6/21/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a strange product. I bought it yesterday. Here's the verdict:

Moisturising: Yes. Leaves lips soft and smooth.

Reapplication: I need it every hour.

Texture: this is where I have the problem. It's thick, and waxy in feeling. Lips seem to love it but I hate the feel of the product on my lips. It might be because I live in Canada and apparently cold weather makes this lip conditioner hard.

Taste: absolutely. disgusting.

Fragrance: unpleasant

Packaging: love the packaging.

I applied it overnight on exfoliated lips and then coated it with smiths rosebud salve. I'll update tomorrow to see how they helped my lips.

Update: it's been 5 months and I barely use this. If I do use this I end up trying to wash the taste off of my lips. And the waxy coated feeling is too unpleasant.

Repurchase? Not a chance

on 6/19/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just re-purchased this. I was using Nuxe Reve de Miel (both stick and pot) when I received one of these in a travel kit and after trying it immediately switched. It's only slightly less matt than Nuxe and therefore good to use under lipstick. It's got a light texture but is still moisturising. I like that I feel like my lips can breathe through it.

on 5/29/2014 1:52:00 PM

I received this in a Caudalie favorites gift set. There is very little fragrance and it has a thin and non-greasy texture. This product is great to use under lipstick/lipgloss, since it is not thick or goopy, it doesn't dilute the color you place on top of it, however, I do not recommend this if you have super dry lips or for a balm to wear overnight. My lips tend to be quite dry, so this is not effective for treatment at all. I will continue to use it under my lipstick during the day, but would not repurchase. If you don't have an issue with super chapped lips, you may like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall, it's a OK product. A Bit oily, it helps moisturizing my cracked lips for a while, but I need to reaply it often. The price is high (I paid 80 Chinese yuan for that), and I would like to try other products out there. Currently I am happy with Elizabeth Arden, so I am not going back to Caudalie.

Popular Lip Treatments