October 20, 2014 | 1529 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kate Somerville - Goats Milk Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by DieYoungStayPretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

$65.00 for 1.7oz

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Goat Milk, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Salix Nigra (Willow) bark Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mannan, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

This is a great cream for dry or oily skin that is DEHYDRATED. I have combo but dehydrated skin and I only use this at night because it is very moisturizing and can give a shiny appearance. In my opinion, it is not a semi matte finish. It's pretty glowy. I attibute that to the avocado and coconut oils as those 2 are the heaviest of the oils in this cream. The jojoba, witch hazel, willow bark are great as far as balancing and keeping the skin clear if you are acne prone. The coconut and avocado might be problematic for some but as with any creams, YMMV.

So in this cream you've got BHA and lactic acid in a very moisturizing base. It is ideal for acne prone skin and a great night treatment for dehydrated skin in general. I love using this in the fall and winter! I use Retin A cream .1% 3x a week and this is a fabulous cream for my skin on my off nights because of the exfoliating and pore clearing properties, as well as heavy duty moisturizing oils without mineral oil, which is essential when you are on such a drying face treatment.

Secondly, the packaging is genius. It's in a jar with a push down dispenser and it dispenses just the right amount of product for your face, neck and décolleté. It also lasts forever if you are using it strictly for the face as you can control how much you dispense. So half a pump would be fine for the face.

All in all this is a great cream, I love it but it is too greasy for day use for me, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars. I like to use creams that I can apply morning and night and this is strictly night time for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give this lotion a try when I heard from youtube that it was great for hydration. I recently moved to a desert area and wanted something that would super hydrate my skin. Unfortunately this product has not helped in this regard…here in the desert it’s best for day cream. However, it’s not even a favorite day cream for me. Some moisturizers even make my foundation look good after application…but this doesn’t make my skin look good (it makes my skin still look dry in matte foundation...basically it's still not hydrating enough). The positives about this cream is that it’s not scented and it keeps my face matte.
I bought this during Kate Somerville's black friday for half the original price. But I cannot imagine buying this product for the full 58 dollars. So my final verdict is that it’s an okay moisturizer…I’ll probably try something else and not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Mariki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product, but it's not for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a good cream. It didn't break me out and it really was nourishing. My problem was that it didn't sink in and left a greasy film on my skin. Some might like this since it gives a glow, but for me it made my makeup last much shorter than normally. It's good, but not worth the price...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by meilike

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this from sephora and it is delightful! Doesn't clog my pores at all and i great if you have acne prone skin. Very light and hydrating moisturizer that works well underneath makeup. This is actually the best moisturizer I have tried. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A friend who has glowing skin recommended this for me, as I'm on the hunt for a moisturizer and have been for the past six months.

She loves Kate Somerville products so I got samples of both Nourish and Goat Milk creams. Nourish was really below average and quite sticky - supposedly a lighter cream than Goat Milk. I waited a while to actually try Goat Milk, and I was convinced it would be amazing. Lo and behold - clog city.

I am overcoming and still battling acne (right now its more so just clogs), and have just gotten the hang of things and my routine. I decided to add this in once I knew what was working for me - and when I did, I got ridiculous clogs on my forehead especially.

COSDNA shows that Goat Milk cream contains a couple really comedogenic ingredients that can be pretty bad - mostly, Cocos Nucifera Oil. There are a couple other mildly irritating ingredients but the story is that it just doesn't work for my dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. Perhaps I was saved from spending $$$$$ on a moisturizer - this stuff is seriously expensive. But the packaging is really cute!

My search continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

Seriously this line is over priced, I paid so much for this cream and results to nothing!

Now my skin care routine consists of the body shop seaweed cleanser, rose hip oil( amazing stuff) and Vaseline as and eye cream, done simple and wallet friendly..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

luxury in a bottle. i can't even tell you how much i adore this cream. i have combo/oily skin and was a little hesitant that this "cream" might be too heavy for me, but it's actually pretty light & packs a good punch of moisture in it leaving behind baby soft skin. there's a very very light goat's milk scent to it but nothing unbearable. the texture is like that of a milkier lotion but don't underestimate how good it nourishes the skin. definitely a quality cream worth investing in. the packaging is a little weird. it's an unconventional pump. nothing extreme, but different. my all time favorite night cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jent72la

I really had high hopes for this cream. I love the Kate Somerville spa/clinic in L.A. and have gotten a couple of great facials there. I think her line has some great products. I personally have very, very sensitive reactive skin. This product definitely caused irritation and bumps. I would not recommend if you have sensitive skin. It is probably fine if you have normal, non-reactive skin. I've decided instead of trying to find the perfect "designer" skin care regime to just stick to the very basics. Purpose cleanser and a drug store non-fragrance moisturizer. If you have very sensitive skin chances are these expensive, well packaged products are going to irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually use Clinique Repairwear (and yes, I've dried about every reasonably priced moisturizer there is). la Mer is more than I am willing to pay. So after reading reviews of this I bought a small jar. The first two nights I woke up with a few small pimples. After that, my skin settled in and honestly looks more hydrated and fresh each morning. it has virtually elimanted the small flakes I usually woke up with. I use prescription retinol 3 times a week, and I exfoliate with a Sonicare brush 3 times a week and still had flaky skin. I will definitely buy this cream again. It has an elegant feel to it. In summer my skin goes oily so I might have to use it only in the winter. But for now, it's a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by betseyjohnson77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This just did not work for me at all..I have two and had to force myself just to give it a chance and use half of the first jar..it just didnt work for me too greasy for me.