October 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Cleansers - Kate Somerville - Purify Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Blairsauce

Got this for 45 dollars at Canadian sephora.This product is very drying for every skin tone, it smells good. I was expecting more of this cleanser, it really is nothing special, my drugstore cleansers do a better job. Again this product is for low maintenance skin as that's what I have been told by many people in the beauty field. It isn't a bad product but it isn't a good product either. This wont get rid of your acne, redness or anything other skin issue, just ruins your skins moisture.You just have to wear lots of moisturizer and exfoliate well. Not worth the price skip it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I got samples of this and Kate Somerville Detox cleanser and went with this. I'm actually almost done with the bottle and thought I loved it, but it's been an interesting story.
First, this makes my face feel nice and clean, takes off makeup, and I don't react to it. Stings eyes a little so be careful. I love how just a little squirts out of the cap which twists to reveal a small hole that dispenses the product.
SO, I was using this and other products I reacted to, so I couldn't tell how great it worked because so many things were going on with my face, but it felt initially nice, which is better than not feeling nice at all. Once I realized and stopped using the other products, I thought I'd clear up right away with this and the Olay Pro-x cleansing brush.
But when I was just using this alone I realized it's NOT enough to clear me up. I'm sure it's good in many ways for many people, but I need something for acne that's gentle, and not too strong (like her benzyl peroxide treatment-way too much for me). It's ok, I do like it, but I'm not sure I'll get it again. Have a few other cheaper ones that seem to work as well or better. Also after all this time I think I don't do well with Salicylic Acid. It's been an on and off test and I'm never sure. That or it's just that my skin is uncontrollable with breaking out so if it doesn't fix it, why spend the money? Bottom line is that this was good, but just ok-good. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Mimi27

I really wanted to like this cleanser, and actually I did like it for about two days untill I developed a horrible allergic reaction!
I have used glycolic acids in the past with no problem at all, but maybe my skin didnt like the lactic and salicylic acids in this cleanser.which is surprising because im sure there arent massive amounts of it in here.
My face is HURTING!! theres red bumps everywhere, its dry and is so itchy. I look minging.
I have to go to work now ( on a makeup counter) and will have to put makeup on whick im dreading cos its probably going to make it worse.
I hope no one else gets a reaction like this. I think it will be good for very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've bought this cleanser twice so far and am still really happy with it. it has a refreshing minty scent that wakes up my senses instantly and boy does it do a thorough job of balancing out my skin too. i have combination skin that leans more towards oily. after washing my face, my skin is left supple and glowing. there is a light exfoliation but my skin gets pretty oily so i still need to do an extra exfoliating step sometimes to go the extra mile. it doesn't strip my skin or make it feel tight. my breakouts are kept at bay. all in all i'm super satisfied with it but it's a tad bit pricier than i would like it to be. but since the results are fabulous, i can't complain.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purify Exfoliating Cleanser by Kate Sommerville is, IMO, just "OK". I've used better cleansers that were cheaper. The only thing I have liked of her line would be the ExfoliKate. This cleanser does not remove make-up very well at all. Smells minty. Also, it seems to have brought on some flakies around my nose -I can only attribute it to this since nothing else in my regime has changed, and I don't typically peel. Nothing horrible, but I definitely wouldn't purchase this again. I guess I'll try to use it up. I dunno. Maybe not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this cleanser and I really like it. I like the ingredients list, the scent (fresh, invigorating, minty). It is silky and cleans well without leaving my skin overdry. I used this with my Clarisonic Mia. I understand $32 is a little pricey for a cleanser for many people, however, if you already by HE products over DS, then you're used to paying higher prices. I find the quality is nice and a tiny bit goes a very long way. So, I could justify spending money on this in the future.

Ask for a sample from Sephora or another store that carries Kate and try before you buy if you're afraid of the price. It may not be my HG, but it's nice for a little luxury.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by cinderella7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product on my post-menapausal oily skin with great results. It has helped clear my acne without leaving my skin over-dry. I use it with my Clarisonic brush and my skin has never felt better. The cost is the only reason I did not give it a 5.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleans about as much as water cleans my hardwood floors. I'm through with sampling Somerville's over-hyped, over-priced line. YMMV, but none of her products are remarkable enough for me to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by addicted2products

This cleanser was far too drying for my sensitive combination skin. It actually tingles when you apply it, so some might find this invigorating/refreshing, especially in the morning. The smell was also a lot stronger than I thought it would be. This might be a good cleanser for some, but wasn't right for my skin. Also, this did not remove my make-up (and I don't wear anything heavy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Love this cleanser. I'm normally dry/combo but this cleanser is exceptional. It smells wonderful and minty and I feel it working. It balances my face out and I love it.