Got 2 Be Curl Creme

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/17/2006 5:15:00 PM

I purchased this b/c it appears to be the same manufacturer and formula as Dep Curl Creme, which I could not locate. I really like this product. I have a lot of thick wavy hair, which I sometimes gel and scrunch into a massive 80s flashback. Alternatively, I sometimes use a wide barrel curling iron on straight hair and make a nice pageboy. This gel is great for either style. It holds the curls from the iron without being overly stiff or sticky. It does have a mild pineapple scent, which I find pleasant.

on 5/16/2006 3:46:00 PM

First of all, I can say the pump bottle is a good idea. You can dispense only the amount you need, which is nice. Also, the price was nicely set just under $5. Additionally, there is no drying alcohol in this product, something I thought would be advantageous.

However, once I caught a whiff of this upon first use, all I could think of was pineapple vomit. No kidding--it's this faint, acidic smell. Gross. Then upon application, it did not encourage my curls, rather it seemed to hold them down. It did prevent most frizzies, which was good. Yet it seems more like a gel than a creme anyhow, because it left my hair sticky. By the end of the day I had a thick, tangled mess of hair & couldn't wait to wash this stuff out.

So, this product didn't work for me...I decided to return it after the first use. It may work for someone else, who knows!?! continued >>

Popular Styling Products