Stieva-A tretinoin gel

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review about tretinoin in 2012.

I've been using this since 2010. This is my 5th year edit: do not get on this product. The blowback will be the worst acne than even before you started out with. It'll make you regret you even went on medication in the first place. Do not use this cream for acne. I'm currently healing my skin with a raw food diet. Look up Dr Morse ND on YouTube.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i've been used stieve A cream 0.05% for about 3 days and the result quite impressive ! My acne slowly start to fade out. My skin getting less oily and smooth. For better result , drink lot of mineral water per day. At least 2 litre per day. i'll be update later about the result

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The first time i used 0.025% was a year ago, when i knew nothing. I applied it by itself before my skincare routine, as told. But i started flakin even after a month later. So i stopped. A year later i used it again by mixing it with obagi nuderm and night cream. Then i applied it by mixing it with retinol. It worked WONDERS. After just 4 days my acne scars already seem lighter and i have less acne. Also it controls oil better than acne products. I will use retin a until the end of time but i suggest uping the dosage only once a year as ur skin needs to get used to it. First time users mix the retin a instead of applying every 3 days at first. Just get ur skin to get used to it by mixing and then increase usage and dosage over time. That is the secret to gettin perfect retin a results without peeling

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used stieva a in the past before, but at the lowest dosage which is 0.01 and in a cream. I prefer cream over gel cause gel has alcohol and I don't like anything with alcohol, or I just don't prefer using things with alcohol as it is drying and stripping. I have now upped it to 0.025 as my acne is back since its colder and harsher due to winter conditions. Of it could be the season throwing off my hormone cycles. So who knows. Anyways, when I first used it I got greedy, I mean really greedy. I would apply a lot, twice a day, and for 4 days. I screwed up bad cause skin got dry and flaky as hell and was raw and Red. I stopped using it for about a week and then continued again, using it every 3rd day instead. Now I am using it nightly, daily but with a small small amount. I think the key is to use very little and moisturize. I screwed up at that part cause before when I used it, I didn't moisturize before and I put on a lot. Really, the idea is "less is more" and patience. I know this worked for me in the past, so I have faith, even though I've had a bad experience with the 0.025. I have moderate severe acne and Lots of scars . Just be patient and moisturize even if you hesitate. I learned that moisturizing is a must only when using this product in the winter. I've used 0.01 in the summer and moisturization was not needed. I guess this product works better in the summer, even though its not good to have sun exposure with this product. Good luck! So remember to use a little, have patience, and moisturize without a scented moisturizer!

I started using this because I had tiny rash-like pimples all over my face and I wanted them gone. I have been using 0.025 cream for a couple of months and I am finding it has been really effective-- my bumpy skin is FINALLY becoming smooth. It is definitly not a quick fix and it dries the hell out of my skin if I overdo it. I apply it religiously every night and if my skin starts to get dry out I'll skip it for a night or mix it in with a moisturizer. I'm hoping my skin will continue to improve when I move up to a higher percentage. Also.. I recently noticed my sisters skin looking very clear recently and it turns out she has been using it too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best money i've ever spent on my skin.. i have alot of acne scars...i dun usually pop them but they still leave those horrid brown scars...tried everything in the market till i tried this...i cant get this without a prescription in my country..so i buy this at ioffer.com from a thai seller...around 2 for $50...so its abt $25 pr tube for the 0.1%...but u must be patient though..skin gets worse before getting better...almost give up when i was looking like a peeling lizard...glad i continued..if u have scarring problems or wrinkles do give this a try..u wun be disappointed...

I've only begun using this in the past week after reading reviews on here and already it has made such a difference to my skin.

My skin became terrible after going on the Yasmin birth control pill, and I had (and continue to have) cystic acne all over my cheeks, jawline and chin. It has really got me down because people keep commenting on it. In a matter of days, my skin feels soft, the spots have DRASTICALLY gone down (even those that haven't budged for months) and now I can wear foundation without the bumps underneath and visible scars. People are saying how great my skin is looking.

The only drawback is the excessive peeling and sunburn feeling I'm getting on my face. I'm only applying it at night every other night, and mixing it with moisturiser seems to be helping with the burning sensation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best dermatologist trip I've ever made.

I've tried natural remedies, DIY everything, cleansers and moisturizers of every sort, but I would NOT go to a dermatologist, until the day my mother forced me to.

I wish I had gone sooner.

If you're scared to go to the dermatologist for some reason, don't, just go, you have nothing else to lose.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Well, I realize I should wait a bit before making my review but for people who are having trouble I thought maybe an updated review over time would be most efficient.

I'm a 25 year old caucasian female, I'm not overweight but I wouldn't say that I'm the most healthy person in the world. My daily routine never changed nor did my water intake...but one day I just stated getting acne.

I was always the kid in highschool who maybe had a pimple here or there throughout puberty but was always "thank god I don't have acne" at 24 years old it hit me and I've tried to wait it out patiently for a year now. Finally I decided to go to the Dr. they have become sightly cystic. I say this because they aren't over 1mm in size but they don't form heads and are quite deep. embarassing nonetheless.
I have been off birth control for several years so my Dr agreed to put me back on Diane 35 and prescribed me the cream stieva 0.05 cream.

I'm fully expecting my skin to get dry and flaky, and I was also warned that it may get worse before it gets better due to how it works.

I used it for the first time last night, maybe it's a fluke but I woke up with much less inflamed skin. I'm feeling a little dry today so I have used eminence eight greens whip moist. and will also be using vichy normaderm tri activ mornings.

I will update this weekly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the most incredible product (0.025%) I have ever used on my skin, but the trick is how you use it.

1. Moisturising and sun protection.
There's really not much explaining to be done here. Use 50+ sunscreen moisturiser that is noncomedogenic. Sunscreen is NON-NEGOTIABLE. Cetaphil to the rescue! If you are concerned with flaking and redness, try a skin relieving moisturiser at night and adjust your waiting times between application. If necessary, take a few days off to let your skin settle. Also, fall in love with a very moisturising lip balm!

2. Cleanse.
Switch to a lighter, more gentle formula. Your skin will be sensitive the day after application, so be weary of this. I normally cleanse twice in the morning to make sure the retinol has been completely removed. You'll have to experiment.

3. Exercise, water and health.
Drink water! No better way to perk up your skin. Don't touch your face after you have moisturised, exercised or applied make-up. Little things like regular exercise, a flush of cold water, proper dietary intake and easing on sugars will help your skin naturally heal. Omega fatty acids, chlorophyll (dark leafy greens!) and vitamin C are great additions to your diet.

4. Application.
Wait 20-30 minutes between cleansing and applying the retinol. The water reacting with the product is what causes initial irritation. Depending on how dry your skin is naturally, I suggest the longer the better. ONLY APPLY RETINOL AT NIGHT. Apply approximately a pea size amount of cream as this is all that is required to cover the face. Apply in sections; forehead, then chin, cheeks and finally the nose. Dotting the product on all areas before rubbing in usually helps, as often retinol dries quickly. Completely avoid your lips, above the lip and the angles of your nose (the top of the nose is fine). Rub gently until absorbed. Wash your hands and wait 30-60 minutes before applying a moisturiser or oil if desired. Be weary your moisturiser may encourage the retinol to lift if applied too soon, which may spread the product to the more sensitive areas of the face. For this reason I sometimes go without if I can't wait the recommended time.

5. How long do you keep it on?
Roughly the amount of time it takes for you to sleep. Wash your face in the morning or within within 8-10 hours of application.

Follow these (not as overwhelming as they seem) rules and you should be just as happy as I am.