August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Treatments (Face) - Stieva-A tretinoin gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

The first time i used 0.025% was a year ago, when i knew nothing. I applied it by itself before my skincare routine, as told. But i started flakin even after a month later. So i stopped. A year later i used it again by mixing it with obagi nuderm and night cream. Then i applied it by mixing it with retinol. It worked WONDERS. After just 4 days my acne scars already seem lighter and i have less acne. Also it controls oil better than acne products. I will use retin a until the end of time but i suggest uping the dosage only once a year as ur skin needs to get used to it. First time users mix the retin a instead of applying every 3 days at first. Just get ur skin to get used to it by mixing and then increase usage and dosage over time. That is the secret to gettin perfect retin a results without peeling

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by tinaduongg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used stieva a in the past before, but at the lowest dosage which is 0.01 and in a cream. I prefer cream over gel cause gel has alcohol and I don't like anything with alcohol, or I just don't prefer using things with alcohol as it is drying and stripping. I have now upped it to 0.025 as my acne is back since its colder and harsher due to winter conditions. Of it could be the season throwing off my hormone cycles. So who knows. Anyways, when I first used it I got greedy, I mean really greedy. I would apply a lot, twice a day, and for 4 days. I screwed up bad cause skin got dry and flaky as hell and was raw and Red. I stopped using it for about a week and then continued again, using it every 3rd day instead. Now I am using it nightly, daily but with a small small amount. I think the key is to use very little and moisturize. I screwed up at that part cause before when I used it, I didn't moisturize before and I put on a lot. Really, the idea is "less is more" and patience. I know this worked for me in the past, so I have faith, even though I've had a bad experience with the 0.025. I have moderate severe acne and Lots of scars . Just be patient and moisturize even if you hesitate. I learned that moisturizing is a must only when using this product in the winter. I've used 0.01 in the summer and moisturization was not needed. I guess this product works better in the summer, even though its not good to have sun exposure with this product. Good luck! So remember to use a little, have patience, and moisturize without a scented moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jenniba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this because I had tiny rash-like pimples all over my face and I wanted them gone. I have been using 0.025 cream for a couple of months and I am finding it has been really effective-- my bumpy skin is FINALLY becoming smooth. It is definitly not a quick fix and it dries the hell out of my skin if I overdo it. I apply it religiously every night and if my skin starts to get dry out I'll skip it for a night or mix it in with a moisturizer. I'm hoping my skin will continue to improve when I move up to a higher percentage. Also.. I recently noticed my sisters skin looking very clear recently and it turns out she has been using it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by adele1811

Best money i've ever spent on my skin.. i have alot of acne scars...i dun usually pop them but they still leave those horrid brown scars...tried everything in the market till i tried this...i cant get this without a prescription in my country..so i buy this at ioffer.com from a thai seller...around 2 for $50...so its abt $25 pr tube for the 0.1%...but u must be patient though..skin gets worse before getting better...almost give up when i was looking like a peeling lizard...glad i continued..if u have scarring problems or wrinkles do give this a try..u wun be disappointed...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by starbucksandcigarettes

I've only begun using this in the past week after reading reviews on here and already it has made such a difference to my skin.

My skin became terrible after going on the Yasmin birth control pill, and I had (and continue to have) cystic acne all over my cheeks, jawline and chin. It has really got me down because people keep commenting on it. In a matter of days, my skin feels soft, the spots have DRASTICALLY gone down (even those that haven't budged for months) and now I can wear foundation without the bumps underneath and visible scars. People are saying how great my skin is looking.

The only drawback is the excessive peeling and sunburn feeling I'm getting on my face. I'm only applying it at night every other night, and mixing it with moisturiser seems to be helping with the burning sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

Best dermatologist trip I've ever made.

I've tried natural remedies, DIY everything, cleansers and moisturizers of every sort, but I would NOT go to a dermatologist, until the day my mother forced me to.

I wish I had gone sooner.

If you're scared to go to the dermatologist for some reason, don't, just go, you have nothing else to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ieatlipstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I realize I should wait a bit before making my review but for people who are having trouble I thought maybe an updated review over time would be most efficient.

I'm a 25 year old caucasian female, I'm not overweight but I wouldn't say that I'm the most healthy person in the world. My daily routine never changed nor did my water intake...but one day I just stated getting acne.

I was always the kid in highschool who maybe had a pimple here or there throughout puberty but was always "thank god I don't have acne" at 24 years old it hit me and I've tried to wait it out patiently for a year now. Finally I decided to go to the Dr. they have become sightly cystic. I say this because they aren't over 1mm in size but they don't form heads and are quite deep. embarassing nonetheless.
I have been off birth control for several years so my Dr agreed to put me back on Diane 35 and prescribed me the cream stieva 0.05 cream.

I'm fully expecting my skin to get dry and flaky, and I was also warned that it may get worse before it gets better due to how it works.

I used it for the first time last night, maybe it's a fluke but I woke up with much less inflamed skin. I'm feeling a little dry today so I have used eminence eight greens whip moist. and will also be using vichy normaderm tri activ mornings.

I will update this weekly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ladynove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most incredible product (0.025%) I have ever used on my skin. But perhaps the trick was how I went about using it.

1. Moisturising and sun protection.
There's really not much explaining to be done here! Use 30+ sunscreen which is noncomedogenic and perhaps oil free. It is a NON-NEGOTIABLE. Cetaphil to the rescue. If you are concerned with flaking and redness, try a skin relieving moisturiser at night with colloidal oatmeal to soothe the skin. I found an Aveeno moisturiser I would whole heartedly recommend for the first few months (found in my other reviews). Also, fall in love with a very moisturising lip balm.

2. Cleanse and sanitise.
Switch to a lighter, more gentle formula during the day, and perhaps something a little stronger at night if necessary. Your skin will be sensitive the day after application, so be weary of this, however I would cleanse twice to make sure the retinol has been completely removed. You'll have to experiment. I tend to put on a hand sanitiser to ensure my hands are clean before I rub the cream on. APPLY RETINOL ONLY AT NIGHT.

3. Exercise, water and health.
Drink water. No better way to perk up your skin than to encourage the drainage of toxins. Don't touch your face after you have moisturised, exercised or applied make-up for any reason. Just don't. Little things like regular exercise, a flush of cold water, proper dietary intake and easing on sugars will help your skin naturally heal. Omega fatty acids, chlorophyll (dark leafy greens!) and vitamin C are great additions to your diet.

4. Application.
Wait 15-20 minutes between cleansing and applying the retinol. The water reacting with the product is what causes initial irritation. Depending on how dry your skin is naturally, I suggest the longer the better. Apply sanitiser to the hands, dry, and squeeze out approximately a pea size amount of cream. This will be enough to cover the face. Apply in sections, starting with the outside of the face moving inward. Dotting the product on all areas before rubbing in usually helps, as often retinol dries quickly. Completely avoid your lips, above the lip and the angles of your nose. The top of the nose should be fine. Rub gently until absorbed. Wash your hands and wait another 10-15 minutes before applying a serum if necessary (bio oil, vitamin e serum, avocado oil, etc.) followed by a good, dense moisturiser.

5. How long do you keep it on?
Roughly the amount of time it takes for you to sleep. Wash your face in the morning within 12 hours of application.

Follow these (not as overwhelming as they seem) rules and you should be just as happy as I am.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

My doctor gave me this product five months ago to help clear my mild/moderate acne. Immediatly i noticed my skin was not as oily, and the new acne that formed was not as severe as it was prior to using this product. After three months I was dissapointed that I still had acne problem areas, but continued using this gel for another month and was amazed that exactly four months after I began using this product my acne cleared up significantly. I have had acne on my chin and the area around my mouth for years, and with this product they are finally clear. The occasional spot that i do get is significantly smaller than they were before this gel. This product does make my skin dry, so I drink lots of water and use strong moisturizers (Nivea cream and Bio Oil, which also helps reduce acne scar marks). Dont use this product on any dry areas of your face and avoid lips and eyelids. I wash my face with a foaming cleanser with salicylic acid (L'Oreal Go 360 Clean for combination skin) because the gel made my skin too sensitive for exfoliating cleansers. The best way to use this product is to cleanse, use moisturizer on dry/sensitive areas, and wait twenty to thirty minutes (to ensure skin is completely dry) before applying a very thin layer to problem areas (only use the gel at night!). I am so glad that I didnt give up on this product! I love the way my skin is now!

*EDIT! This product is no longer working for me. My acne is only slightly better than when i began using this gel, and i am returning to my doctor to hopefull find something that will be more effective for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by FunnyValentine

This review is for the generic .05% Tretinoin (Retin-A) cream.
After giving this up for a year because I was trying to go the all-natural route, I have returned because my skin has broken out all over ever since I overhauled my "beauty" (if you can call it that ;-) routine. Already, it seems to be helping--although my skin is now sensitive and ruddy again.
Of course I dove right back in (I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl--I never did learn restraint). But if you're more patient than I am, I would recommend gently easing this into your nightly routine (only use it at night, and not together with benzoyl peroxide, or you won't reap the benefits). I would say start out every couple of days (maybe even once a week) until you can use it every other night, or even every night if your skin can tolerate it.
Hope this helps!
I didn't want to use this anymore because I was tired of being afraid of sunshine, and I have yet to find a healthy, natural sunblock which actually blocks out the sun's rays. But I have returned to my tried-and-true: Tretinoin .05%

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No