October 24, 2014 | 1655 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Glow N Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Ferret1111

As others, I have tried many of the self tanners but this one is definitely one of the better ones. It glides on easily (just dont forget to exfoliate first), dries super fast and the color is really natural. I suggest getting the kit which includes this item, oil free tinted self tanning face lotion and a polish treatment. The deal is amazing, its a $74 value but you get all 3 for $39!!! Super deal, I highly recommend this product. Definitely worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by endlesslysummer

It's a pretty good self tanner....not anything to absolutely rave about though. I've used it for several months, mainly because it's safe and I wanted to finish the bottle. The easy application and no transfer keeps me using it. I keep hoping to find a knock-out product! I've used many...and I mean MANY self-tanners...and this one is one of the better ones. Little orange-ish though....and fades funny in the inner-elbow area.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So disappointed in this! The Flash bronzer for legs worked okay for me so I thought I'd give this a try since I was sick of the Flash bronzer staining my sheets and pajamas. Since it's tinted and I could see where I was putting it I thought I'd applied a nice even coat, but woke up the next morning a streaky mess. I have no idea why as I applied it very carefully and it looked even. Plus the color is off too - not a golden brown but a more orangey tone. The only good thing is that it really does dry very quickly and didn't rub off at all on my sheets and pjs. But even a transfer-resistant tanner is useless if it's streaky and orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by starinyerskyy

Wonderful product! This is my HG self tanner..the color is really natural and so easy to apply! Will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Just a so-so product. It's tinted and comes in a great bottle, but costs a smal fortune and does the same job as much cheaper ones. I have REALLY pale yellow-toned skin, and it did look a bit orangey. I like L'Oreal Sublime Bronze tinted gel in medium much better, as it looks more natural on me. For a miracle product I'd drop almost any cash but not for an average one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This tanning gel does deliver a great natural looking color on me, but the price is what kills it. I've been working on the same bottle for like 6 months, but still.

It does have a very strong self tan/perfumey smell that doesn't go away until you shower, but it's not as bad as some tanners that I've used. It does dry quickly too, you can get dressed literally 2 minutes after using. I'd probably buy again, if there was a gift with purchase at the lancome counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Tatouz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I am on the fence with this one. I love that it dries fast and doesn't seem to streak, and the inital perfume smell does go away immediately, however, it does seem to be a bit orangey on me... which is very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by blues69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG ST. Easy to apply. Doesn't smell like ST. Dries instantly. Doesn't streak, and it gives you nice,natural colour, that lasts for days.
Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alalia86

I am shocked at how many say that there is no smell, or that the smell isn't so bad. Guess my body chemistry is just odd, because this stuff reeks...like nothing I have smelled before! I can't get over the disgusting smell! Okay, so it goes away a shower or two later, and the tan is still there, so I would tolerate smelling like a dirty ass if I could get this stuff to go on smoothly. However, no matter what I do, I always end up with streaks and white patches. So, since I spent $30 on this bottle ($1 less than required to get a free gift with purchase, and no, the sales lady wouldn't just go ahead and give it to me, she wanted me to buy a whole 'nother item) here's what I have to do to make it work:

Shower, exfoliate, moisturize.
Put on latex gloves and apply as meticulously, evenly, and quickly as possible. Use moist makeup applicator pad to apply to back of hands.
Ignore husband's complaints about how horrid I smell.
Shower, just so I can get some sleep (the smell keeps me awake).
Wake up to a beautiful tan.
Step outside, see that tan is actually patchy and fake looking.
Use hydrogen peroxide to get super dark patches off, then use a solution of 50%/50% lotion/lancome and reapply to even out white areas and get everything looking naturally even.
Avoid human contact until I'm confident I can shower this smell away.
Hope nobody notices the fact that my ankles/feet and other parts of my body are still discolored.

Okay, so it doesn't turn me orange. But there's gotta be a cheaper, easier way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Yes finally a self-tanner that dries super fast, has virtually little smell and gives a wonderful even color that's easy to control. You need to wash your hands fast because this dries in less than 5 minutes. I was hesitant to purchase this when I found out the cost was $29.50 but I was sold once the SA told me it would dry within a minute and I could put clothes on immediately without any worry of rubbing off on my clothing. Absolutely the best I've tried and I've tried a lot of brands. I will definitely repurchase without hesitation this time.