October 25, 2014 | 1707 users online

Makeup Brushes - Avon - Avon Professional Foundation Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this half price when I purchased other avon products so it wasn't to bad I wouldn't pay full price for it now though. The brush is a nice design and easy to handle although I am use to brushes being a bit longer, I applied a few different foundations with the brush and with all of them I found it left awful streak marks on the face, I usually use my real techniques buffing brush anyway but with other foundation brushes its not something I always have to do. At the end of the brush instead of being smooth and flat my brush parts leaving gaps which obviously shows on my face, I've tried washing the brush to see if it dries any different and it hasn't so this brush will be another in my collection that I won't use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Fit

It picked up too much of my L'oreal Age Reperfect foundation and then applied too thickly. It left bristle-like streak marks all over my face and I was ready to be hung like a terrible oil painting in an art gallery. I had to bury my face in a towel to dab off some of the excess foundation. I've never used a foundation brush before this. Are they all like this?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Although I already own two foundation brushes (one from Clinique and one from ELF), I couldn't resist buying one from Avon! In the catalog, they look fabulous and luxurious and have received rave reviews on MUA, so I figured why not give them a try, especially for the price!

PROS: I like the look of the product--sleek, shiny black handle and ferrule. No shedding so far. Great price! Applies as smoothly as my other brushes. Like that it comes w/a frosted plastic case for travel or storage.

CONS: Feels very prickly and scratchy on my face, although it felt fine on my hand!! I am very disappointed by how scratchy it feels, much more so than my ELF foundation brush. Also, the lettering is already coming off the brush--not a huge problem, but I expected better quality.

Overall, I would not buy this product again. I am really bummed, because I wanted to love it but can't. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I keep purchasing foundation brushes but I always go back to this one. Its soft, and applies my makeup well but I gave it a 4 though because I find it kinda streaks my liquid foundation a little bit and I have to go over it a couple of times to blend out the lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to buy this because of the hype to apply foundation with a brush. I think for the price it's great. It works very well for me. However it is the only foundation brush I have ever bought or used so I don't have another one to compare it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Jandesan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I bought this because of all the rave reviews. Can't resist buying a product when everyone else is loving it!! Unfortunately, I don't love this. Maybe I'm spoiled by my MAC skunk brush, which is the best.
Nice and big and a few swipes and you are done. This brush is sooo small....is good for getting into small areas, but for applying your foundation, MAC has this beat by a mile. It IS nice and soft, but again, only for small areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush and costs just a fraction of the price of most high end ones. Nice sturdy but smooth bristles, easy to clean, well made. It applies liquids and creams really well, I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by zhjier

Can't think anything bad about this product. It works well with such a low price. Will repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

it's safe to say that nearly all foundation brushes are created equal... how hard is it to mess up something with synthetic bristles? this is a nice foundation brush at a good price... think i paid $2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

I got this brush for $2.99. I don't use it for applying liquid foundation, but I have to say that this brush is very good quality. It has firm, soft bristles that aren't feel scratchy. It's very easy to clean with water and soap. I've washed it lots of times, and I don't think it's shed for me yet. Highly recommended.
9/7/2008: No shedding yet.