September 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by xojamie0923

I love powder foundations but I just don't know what happened with this one. I read all the reviews on here and bought this product in 4 different shades. Regardless of which color I tried, no matter how dark, the all looked like white powder on my face. Essentially very, very chalking. I will be returning tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

Even though I only used this product twice I already love it! I have combination skin and a very oily t-zone. I love this mineral foundation because it doesn't make me as shiny as a regular liquid foundation. it actually absorbs most of my oil! I even used blotting sheets and the foundation didn't even transfer onto the sheet. This foundation stayed on basically the whole day for me so around 8 hours. I love how it is very natural also and this would be a very nice everyday foundation for school!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

I've been through so many BB creams and foundations and I'm surprised that my "HG" is now a mineral foundation..I just didn't think it would provide enough coverage being a powder, but I was wrong! I bought the W3 shade and wore it for my wedding day (I wore concealer underneath as I always do) and the photographer asked me if I had my make-up professionally done. Everyone at my wedding asked me "who did your make-up it looks professional" and one guest told me that my skin is "perfect." My complexion in all the pictures looks even toned and glowing. Not too matte but not oily either. It looked like my natural skin, but just luminous. I am so pleased I found this because I tried every foundation on the market for my wedding day make-up and was dissatisfied with all of them except for this. (When I apply this, I put my clothes on afterward, as the container is just horrible and spills things. I think I'm going to transfer the make-up to another container....also, the brush that comes with it is pretty good actually).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for several years. I love this. I try other foundations and mineral powders, but I just keep coming back to this one. I have pretty oily skin, and this keeps that under control reasonably well. I don't feel like an oil factory when I wear this, which I can't say about any other mineral powders I've tried. It also doesn't break me out at all, which is a miracle. Really good stuff, and I've had good luck with the color, as it matches me beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by belladil

When I was in middle school/high school this was my HG, for no real reason! A few weeks ago I was looking at L'Oreal products at the drug store and saw this product. I automatically remembered it by the awful design with the brush on top. I decided to give it a try again considering I used it all the time when I was younger. Honestly, I'm really glad I picked this up again! For the price, it is a great product, especially compared to pricier brands like bare minerals. I have fair, combination skin and this gives the right amount of coverage for me! I would say light/medium coverage, but it is really light weight! Also, I have sensitive skin and I have never had a problem with this product. My only complaint is the design. I HATE it! I never use the brush on the top, which makes the product bulky. Also, getting the powder out can be tough too. I always pick up too much or way too little. The whole design is just wrong for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I have used this product everyday, since I got it 3 weeks ago.
So far I really really like it!

My skin has been getting incredible dry and flaky lately, probably due to the cold winter weather. I can't even use my Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation (which is my HG), because it clings to my dry patches so badly. Any liquid do.

I NEVER thought that a powder would be good for dry skin, but I was wrong. This doesn't cling to the dryness, when it's buffed into the skin with a great brush. (I use the buffing brush from Real Techniques. Perfect!)

It adds a medium coverage, while still looking natural! I'm really impressed with this product.

The only downsides I have for this is first of all the packagain. I'm not a fan. Mostly because I hate the brush, and second of all because there comes so much product out the lid thing. It makes it a bit messy.
Also it contains talc, which is known for clogging pores. I have really sensitive and also acne prone skin, but I haven't noticed break outs due to this. I would just prefer it to not be there anyway.

- GREAT PRODUCT! I will recommend to everyone! sensitive, dry, oily, acneprone, combinated or normal. :-)

btw. I don't really understand why so many people are saying that this makes them orange. I'm pale and use W1/golden ivory, which is the lightest shade availible here in Europe. I don't think it's orange in any way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 6 months now and I must say im pretty impressed. I can use it alone as a buildable foundation, and as a setting powder on top of my liquid foundation. My only complaint is the packaging. It is really annoying. I have to use an old mineral jar to swirl the powder into my brush. Other than that I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin. I would buy this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for years. It's the only foundation I can find that matches my skin tone perfectly and looks natural. It has a smooth, matte finish. I've realized that it also helps with acne because whenever I don't wear it for a few days, I break out. If I get a bad zit and need a lot of coverage, I will use a small concealer brush and apply it wet. It covers well, lasts all day, and dries up pimples as you wear it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for something a bit lighter for summer. Most mineral powder foundations claim to control any excess oil in the hot weather, so I took a guess that this product would too. I was skeptical about the shade range as it didn't go very pale or dark, it stuck mostly to "Tan" or "Yellow" colours/undertones. I've never understood the extensive range of Tan colours, being from England. My mind had already been set after watching a few Youtube videos, and I went for it. In the first hour of wear it looked; perfect, well blended and natural. By the second hour I had uncontrollable excess oil and the product had oxidised. Rather confusing considering I have dry skin. I've tried numerous primers, concealers and brushes to get it right. None so far have worked. It was and still is a complete mess. Maybe this foundation just wasn't made for pale girls in English weather? I'll keep trying with it, but it's definitely soured my only experience with Mineral Powdee foundations. I don't think it's the first resort for people with slight to moderate acne though. Rather overpriced for what it is. There's definitely better things out there for the same or lower price and there's always worse! I hope you have a better experience than me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG Product!

I was excited to see that they're trying to bring the mineral lines into the department stores. I like this product, although, I'm not completely comfortable with out my liquid foundation as a base first, so right now, I still do a little liquid foundation, and then the bare natural on top which covered me and made me look so natural.

I got a lot of compliments on this product