September 20, 2014 | 1718 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Anew Advanced All-in-One Max Self-Adjusting Perfecting Lotion SPF 15

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jcsquared

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and wear it every day. Even though I've been using it for years, I still feel (and like) the tingle when I apply. Its light but provides ample moisturizing. I've tried other products but find myself coming back to this one. I haven't seen it lately in the catalogues and may have to resort to ebay. I hope its not discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mandroo

This is the best product ever. Moisturizes without extra oiliness. And contrary to what others have said: IT IS OIL-FREE. IT SAYS SO ON THE LABEL. I have extra oily skin and this works great for me. It also has an SPF of 15. If you are sensitive to AHA and retinol you have to wait 10-15 minutes after washing to use it. Lines are kept to a minimum with regular use. It does not eliminate them completely, but definitely softens their appearance. Would absolutely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tammy33

I was looking for a daily moisturizer with SPF and this went on sale for under 5 bucks so I thought I'd give it a try. I have very sensitive skin and it unfortunately made me break out. My search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good stuff all around. It's got a good amount of AHA...and definately helps exfoliate well with continued use (in fact, you'll notice some flaking for the first couple of weeks). It's also got antioxidant goodies, retinol and a good strength SPF with UVA protection as well. It also lists hyluronic acid fairly high in the ingredients. I noticed over the first few weeks of using it that my skin became clearer, softer and healthier looking (I'm 40 with some "issues"!). It IS a little on the slick side (silicones, not oil), but after a minute of two it absorbs pretty well. I use this AM and PM (less in the AM, and use with BE Skin Revver Upper; PM I use this with my old staple Retin A). I think it's a winner. I have combo skin with a very oily T-zone. Nothing fancy here, just good stuff to exfoliate well, stimulate collagen and protect your skin from the sun. In short, it gets the job done--and much better than lotions that cost lots and lots more than this. A DEFINATE repurchase for me. One other thing: this isn't an anti-aging product. Don't get it to "reduce" lines. NOTHING reduces lines, ladies, except Botox, Retin A (and only a little there) and fillers. And I've tried it ALL. This is a good-for-your-skin lotion, it exfoliates and makes skin LOOK more radiant. As for the scares from EWG, jeepers people. EWG is an ADVOCACY group that LOBBIES CONGRESS against chemicals and chemical manufacturers. They aren't scientists, they're activists who think all chemicals are bad. There is NOTHING in this product that is going to harm you, or make your babies grow extra limbs.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. My new HG and has replaced my Olay Complete because of it's anti-aging ingredients. It's perfect for my combo skin and leaves a nice glow. If you are sensitive to retinol or exfoliating products in general test it out first. For me, it adds the perfect amount of moisture to my skin. I am on my second bottle. I would also recommend mixing this with Philosophy's Hope and Prayer Vit C Powder for an added glow and extra antioxidant protection. I've found this combo works well together.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok, not very different from any other SPF 15 lotion on the market. This lotion contains glycolic acid but I have not seen the effects on my skin. I find myself reaching for this in the fall and winter months only because since its thick, it wonderfully moisturizes my normal/oily skin and absorbs any flakies if I have any. I avoid using this in the summer because its so thick. Besides, its not oil-free. EDIT: this burns like hell when my skin is sensitive. I have tossed this out because the glycolic is too strong. Also, i cant use this around my orbital eye area, which sucks because this stuff makes my tear like crazy even though for course I am careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by TropicalBreeze

I got this recently in the cream format and I love it. It has everything I am looking for - AHA, retinol, sunscreen. I have been using it for a few weeks now in the morning and at night and my fine lines are smoothing out. I can feel the AHA working with the tingling of my skin and it absorbs very well. It was also a great price. I paid $5.00 for it. Wow! This will be my HG cream. I have already ordered 2 more from Avon. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

EDIT -- would not purchase again. I have not seen any difference in my lines or texture of skin, which is what I was looking for. Overall, not worth it. There are other cremes on the market with similar prices that work way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by afcyeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE the Avon Anew All-In-One Max lotion. Was skeptical when I first saw it, I didn't really had a good experience with Avon in my teenage years. But now I'm thankful I bought the lotion, my face became smoother and radiant, I don't have the usual dry patches on the sides of my nose anymore! plus the extra bonus of having sunscreen in the lotion means I don't have to wear a separate sunscreen on top of the lotion! My daily routine just got easier.
    The lotion isn't greasy and is quickly absorbed into the skin, with a hint of fragence. I've use it for nearly a month now, I'm so happy with the result that I've ordered 2 jars and planning on giving my mom a jar to try out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thumbs down. I didn't much like the scent or texture of this lotion, and did feel a slight tingling from the retinol -- nothing major, but I've grown to dislike the idea of using retinol on my skin just before sun exposure. Also this lotion is rated as one of the "highest concern" products for unsafe ingredients under the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. See their site at http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/index.php?user=ADVANCED