April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Moisturizers - Eucerin - 5 percent UREA face cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I had a hard time looking for a good and not so expensive cream that fixed my skin. I started the generic brand of accutane a few weeks ago, and within the first week i started to experience peeling, dry skin and a tight feeling. I bought Caudalie SOS Serum but it didn't do much, because it's effect was not long lasting.

Almost every cream that was recommended had mineral oils or other ingredients that i really don't like to have on my skincare, and that usually break me out. When i came across this product it seemed exactly what my skin needed; it doesn't have any fragrance, and is suitable for the most sensitive skin types. I wasn't wrong, this cream was exactly what my skin needed. :D

At the second application the dry patches were almost gone, the tight feeling disappeared and my skin was feeling hydrated and comfortable for the whole day. Amazing! I think we'll be best friends for the next months of treatment :) I've been using it for the past two weeks and have nothing bad to say. Also, it doesn't break me out.

The cream has a very light texture and spreads really easy. It doesn't take much for it to do it's magic, so a little goes a long way. In my skin, it doesn't absorb quickly and it leaves a tacky feeling for a while, but then i apply my foundation/bb cream and powder and it leaves a really nice finish. It's an excellent base for makeup, the makeup looks nice all day.

I also use it at night, and in the morning, when i wake up, my skin is dry (i mean, not oily) but looking really good and soft.

I paid 16,90 euros for a 50ml tube. I think it's a good price for the quality you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I purchased this with the hyaluron-filler cream. I only use this in the evenings, and not every evening. I feel it "amps up" the moisturising power of the other cream – together they have completely eliminated the dryness and flakiness that I used to have on my forehead and cheeks. (I have combination dehydrated skin.) It has not caused any problems for me, although I must stress that I do not use it daily. The texture is light and there is no sent that I can tell. I would buy this product again, as it is a very effective moisturiser and cheap compared to a lot of other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by trevorswife

With continued use I notice tiny red spots appearing on my forehead and chin. Otherwise, it is easy to apply, smooth and addresses dry patches on my cheeks. Excellent under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Great product- brilliant moisturiser, I used it alongside the very drying benzoyl peroxide product Quinoderm and it helped combat the dryness in a way that no other moisturiser did. It felt genuinely non-greasy, was good on sensitive skin. Every night I used this I woke up with skin that felt (and I think * looked*) plump and moisturised

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Miera13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using Dianette anticonception for a year to get rid of acne, my skin actually got extremely dry (or it was just a coincidence??). I ended up with eczema all over my face, to the point it was just painful to laugh. My face kind of looked like a desert; completely crackled.
I used a basic greasy cream, that eczema patients use on their body, for about 5 months as well as steroids from the derm.. I now use this cream for about 3 months, apply every morning, and still use the greasy stuff at night. It was the only cream that I could use due to all the crackles. I barely use steroids anymore.

It can sting a little when your face is really red or irritated, due to the urea, but if it's just very dry it works fine.
The consistency is very thin, in my opinion since I like thicker creams, and it absorbs really fast, so it doesn't leave a film or shine or whatever, just matte. It works well under make up. Just a little... chemical scent I guess, since there's no fragrance in it.

I stopped using dianette 5 months ago and my skin is changing, I now get acne on my forehead and chin, but I guess that's better than the painful dryness. So I'm not sure if I can/should stick to this product, but anyways... It helped me a lot to improve my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kouklaa

When it comes to my skin I have a lot of trouble finding products that work. Everything seems to break me out especially when it comes to moisturizers. I bought this based on the reviews here on MUA and I have a somewhat love-hate relationship with it. Although it does do a good job in adding moisture to my skin, anywhere i apply it I end up with these really deep blackheads that are a pain to extract. So although it doesn't break me out in large zits, I'd still rather not be having blackheads. Definitely won't be repurchasing. I am currently trying Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath moisturizer and although it's not as moisturizing, no zits or blackheads. My hunt for an HG moisturizer continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

looks awesome under makeup! but sadly gave me cystic acne on my chin :( but really what doesn't break out my chin. ugh

EDIT: i don't think it was the product giving me acne I think it was just my skin I started using BP and pimples went away. I can't tell if this is giving me blackheads because I've always had blackheads. But I like this moisturizer now! Taking back my review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the Eucerin Hyal-Urea anti-wrinkle cream, wich is with 5% Urea.

I received a sample of this product somewhere, can't really remember where, but I really like it. It kept my skin really moisturized and really soft, without being greasy. It does not irritate my skin, in fact it calm it, and it goes on smoothly. I think it's really a good cream for the colder month. It will probably be too greasy for summer thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Monkey987

Got rid of my dry skin as soon as I put it on my face, my skin can look a little greasy (especially around my T-Zone) if I put too much of this product on. Also, I think £11 is a bit expensive, but it's a miracle so I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by DonaAna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin that is also acne prone (adult acne, fun). A double whammy: greasy moisturizers break me out. If I don't moisturize, my skin is tight and flaky. I'm also allergic to something in cosmetics - many products irritate my skin.

This is my HG winter moisturizer. I discovered this when I was looking for something that would help my peeling and flaky nose and eyebrows. I had tried many other creams with poor results - this helped overnight. I now use this as a daily moisturizer during winter and under my makeup. (My 70+ mother likes this too .) In summer, this feels too rich - I switch over to the light blue Eucerin with SPF 15, my summer HG.

For me, the urea is the magic ingredient. The Eucerin product family is large and confusing. In some countries, this is sold as Eucerin 5% Karbamid (karbamide=urea). I've also tried Eucerin Aquaphor - too rich for my skin, would work for chapped lips.