September 3, 2014 | 1061 users online

Moisturizers - Eucerin - 5 percent UREA face cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Bilberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am giving this product 5 lippies out of 5, but if I could, I would give it 6.

I used to think of my skin as 'bipolar': I would have a week of oily skin with some breakouts, that I would try to fight. The skin would eventually clear up and a week of good skin more or less would follow. And then it would start drying out, extremely! I would end up with flaky, red, itchy patches. Moisturizing it heavily would help, but it would also make my skin oily, and so the whole cycle would start again...

...you can only imagine my despair. I had so many products for each of my skin 'periods', from acne-fighting serums to expensive moisturizers, that I couldn't keep count, until I bought THIS. Even since (4 months now), it has been the only moisturizer and the only (except for a cleanser) skin care product I'm using.

It has definitely balanced and cleared my skin. I use it twice a day, or any time after cleansing my face. In the morning, I apply a thin layer (which also works well as a primer) and in the evening I put on a bit more for some heavier over-night moisturizing action.

Perhaps it's the Urea in it, perhaps just the fact that I am not using a hundred products anymore, but my skin is now well-balanced, moisturized, and not oily. I am not getting any more rashes and dryness, it also didn't cause me any breakouts or clogged pores.

What I also love about this Eucerin cream is that it is perfume free, which greatly reduces risks of any skin reactions or flare-ups. It sinks in easily and only a small amount is needed (you can always layer it if you need more moisture).

It's already the third tube I'm using. The only thing I would change about it is the size if I could buy more at once I definitely would! Although a small tube makes it perfect for travelling.

I definitely recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin that has 'mood swings' like mine used to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mkmkmkmkmk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive combination skin with the rare eczema flare up. I don't use anything else on my face anymore, and this definitely helps to even my complexion and keeps the blemishes and eczema at bay.

Pros:
- made in Poland (EU has more restrictions on cosmetic manufacturing and IMO better skincare products overall)
- good texture: not too heavy and not too light, so it's perfect for day and night for me
- very smoothing, and once it sinks in (after about 20-30 minutes) it isn't greasy at all
- no fragrance or colorants
- great under mineral makeup
- very good for sensitive skin
- flat-ish squeeze bottle is a good shape, especially when packing for travel

Cons:
- I wish it came in a larger tube, at least 95ml as opposed to 50ml
- a little pricey (usually $16 per 50ml, but sometimes Shopper's Drug Mart or London Drugs has it on sale), but at the same time I think it's a superior product and works better on me than anything I've tried from Kiehl's or Clinique

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by svefnpurka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

+ nice smell not like fragrance, just a plain, fresh and slightly acidic smell

+ moisturizes really well and does, in fact, smooth the skin

+ sinks in quickly and is therefore easily layered

- feels a bit slick if slathered on to thick

the last issue is easily counteracted by applying it in layers, applying on wet skin or mixing it up with a small amount of liquid (i use a glycerin/water blend or my lactic toner). initially disappointed by this, i have now grown accustomed to it.

the cream isn't sticky or heavy but does feel a bit slick until it sinks in completely. when it's been absorbed the skin feels plump and supple with a thin occlusive layer on top.

smell is also a really big issue for me i dislike fragrance and will resent using something with a strong or unpleasant smell even if it works really well. the smell of this is just perfect, so plain and perfect.

i have dry skin, KP on my cheeks and get occasional clogs and breakouts on my forehead. this hasn't broken me out or caused any irritation, but provides relief for uneven and dry skin and seems to be helping the KP after a months use. i would certainly recommend it to those with dry skin. my boyfriend, who is a combination type, also really liked the soft and smooth effect of this (on his face not mine) without noticing any slickness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I had a hard time looking for a good and not so expensive cream that fixed my skin. I started the generic brand of accutane a few weeks ago, and within the first week i started to experience peeling, dry skin and a tight feeling. I bought Caudalie SOS Serum but it didn't do much, because it's effect was not long lasting.

Almost every cream that was recommended had mineral oils or other ingredients that i really don't like to have on my skincare, and that usually break me out. When i came across this product it seemed exactly what my skin needed; it doesn't have any fragrance, and is suitable for the most sensitive skin types. I wasn't wrong, this cream was exactly what my skin needed. :D

At the second application the dry patches were almost gone, the tight feeling disappeared and my skin was feeling hydrated and comfortable for the whole day. Amazing! I think we'll be best friends for the next months of treatment :) I've been using it for the past two weeks and have nothing bad to say. Also, it doesn't break me out.

The cream has a very light texture and spreads really easy. It doesn't take much for it to do it's magic, so a little goes a long way. In my skin, it doesn't absorb quickly and it leaves a tacky feeling for a while, but then i apply my foundation/bb cream and powder and it leaves a really nice finish. It's an excellent base for makeup, the makeup looks nice all day.

I also use it at night, and in the morning, when i wake up, my skin is dry (i mean, not oily) but looking really good and soft.

I paid 16,90 euros for a 50ml tube. I think it's a good price for the quality you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I purchased this with the hyaluron-filler cream. I only use this in the evenings, and not every evening. I feel it "amps up" the moisturising power of the other cream – together they have completely eliminated the dryness and flakiness that I used to have on my forehead and cheeks. (I have combination dehydrated skin.) It has not caused any problems for me, although I must stress that I do not use it daily. The texture is light and there is no sent that I can tell. I would buy this product again, as it is a very effective moisturiser and cheap compared to a lot of other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by trevorswife

With continued use I notice tiny red spots appearing on my forehead and chin. Otherwise, it is easy to apply, smooth and addresses dry patches on my cheeks. Excellent under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Great product- brilliant moisturiser, I used it alongside the very drying benzoyl peroxide product Quinoderm and it helped combat the dryness in a way that no other moisturiser did. It felt genuinely non-greasy, was good on sensitive skin. Every night I used this I woke up with skin that felt (and I think * looked*) plump and moisturised

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Miera13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using Dianette anticonception for a year to get rid of acne, my skin actually got extremely dry (or it was just a coincidence??). I ended up with eczema all over my face, to the point it was just painful to laugh. My face kind of looked like a desert; completely crackled.
I used a basic greasy cream, that eczema patients use on their body, for about 5 months as well as steroids from the derm.. I now use this cream for about 3 months, apply every morning, and still use the greasy stuff at night. It was the only cream that I could use due to all the crackles. I barely use steroids anymore.

It can sting a little when your face is really red or irritated, due to the urea, but if it's just very dry it works fine.
The consistency is very thin, in my opinion since I like thicker creams, and it absorbs really fast, so it doesn't leave a film or shine or whatever, just matte. It works well under make up. Just a little... chemical scent I guess, since there's no fragrance in it.

I stopped using dianette 5 months ago and my skin is changing, I now get acne on my forehead and chin, but I guess that's better than the painful dryness. So I'm not sure if I can/should stick to this product, but anyways... It helped me a lot to improve my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kouklaa

When it comes to my skin I have a lot of trouble finding products that work. Everything seems to break me out especially when it comes to moisturizers. I bought this based on the reviews here on MUA and I have a somewhat love-hate relationship with it. Although it does do a good job in adding moisture to my skin, anywhere i apply it I end up with these really deep blackheads that are a pain to extract. So although it doesn't break me out in large zits, I'd still rather not be having blackheads. Definitely won't be repurchasing. I am currently trying Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath moisturizer and although it's not as moisturizing, no zits or blackheads. My hunt for an HG moisturizer continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

looks awesome under makeup! but sadly gave me cystic acne on my chin :( but really what doesn't break out my chin. ugh

EDIT: i don't think it was the product giving me acne I think it was just my skin I started using BP and pimples went away. I can't tell if this is giving me blackheads because I've always had blackheads. But I like this moisturizer now! Taking back my review.