October 24, 2014 | 1574 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Maxi Frange Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Clumpy and smudges easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Originally, I used Revlon Lash Fantasy plus eyelash curler, but it didn't work very well (my lashes tend to "uncurl" a few hours later).

Bourjois Maxi Frange was on sale when I went shopping with my sister. I've never tried French cosmetics before, so I decided to give it a try.

Pros:

-great lash extensions
-no need to use curler
-long lasting (it actually lasted for over 10 hrs.)
-waterproof
-reasonable price (with or without the sale)

Cons:

-hard to remove (took quite a while and lots of eye makeup remover to completely wipe off... expected from waterproof mascara)
-clumpy (had to use an eyelash brush and it still didn't help much)
-weird brush (didn't like the extension brush 'cuz it's one-sided rather than all-round like the other mascaras I've used in the past)

Overall, it's very effective in extending and adding volume to my lashes. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To begin with, this mascara is waterproof.

Not water resistant, not mostly-waterproof - WATERPROOF. In high school I wore it through swim team practices and still had my mascara on when I got out of the pool. It's definitely a pro if you're going to be doing something outside or where you aren't sure of your water exposure.

Another pro is that it's a very high-impact mascara. I have very long lashes naturally, but this really thickens them out and makes an intense look that would be great for night-time or a special occasion.

On the downside, however, is that it was super heavy and became clumpy after only a month of being open. It's definitely not (despite my high school mistake) a good mascara for normal, daytime wear and it really doesn't last or wear well for the price. I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

i purchased 1 of these wen i got caught up at the bourjois counter and the saleslady spent 15mins explaining nearly all their roducts to me and i felt bad about not buying anything so i chose this mascara which she highly recommended. Apparently these double ended mascaras r supposed to lengthen and volumize. BUT, i neither got any length or volume with this mascara. very disappointing indeed. the extra base applied doesnt seem to have any use at all, ive tried to use it with and without no extra length. the black is ok, not too glossy and its dark enough, but it is quite runny compared to the other mascaras ive had (doesnt bother me tho, i guess it means it wont clump? i HATE clumpy mascara). the tube itself is quite chunky (even tho i dont carry my mascaras around, it stil stands out amongst all my other mascaras in the drawer). its quite cheap tho and i guess u really do get wat u pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 7:04:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the false lash effect i get from this mascara. some have called it spiders legs, i see that as a good thing - what i bought this mascara for.

The Noir is REALLY black and dramatic. The primer goes on well and the mascara does not budge, no smears, flakes or runs.

The black is my HG evening mascara and the jungle green version is my favourite make-up product EVER, it is so vibrant it really brings out my eyes all other greens i have tried have been blah.

Edit - i recently picked up the blue version and have been wearing it alot during the day. I always thought blue mascara looked cheap and 80's (not in a good way) but this is a really rich navy that adds some interest without being over the top another thoumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lumello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great!!! No clumps!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by pinkjanicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had better result with other lancome and anna sui. This does make your lashes look thick and dark alright. but it's heavy that my lashes doesnt stay curl up, other than that it dries up after a couple hour and start falling off little black pieces, and smears under my eye as well.
one good thing is theres quite a lot in this tube, ever since the first couple use I know I didn't like it, after trying hard to finish this tube so I can move on, I realize the amount in the tube last a lot longer than other mascaras I ever use. I just hope I can finish this fast lol

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by kukoma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being a poor uni student, I once got a small sample tube of Diorshow and savoured it until the day it simply couldn't muster the effort to revive itself for me. Since them my quest for a mascara that was reasonably priced, lengthened and plumped my eyelashes like there was no tomorrow have been futile.

Until last week, I finally bought Maxi Frange Waterproof and it gave me those long, plump eyelashes that I so desired. Think false eyelashes. Think ridiculous push-up bra.

Alas, there are problems though. Too many coats of either side will give you clumps. Too little black mascara will not sufficiently cover the white primer given. It's nothing but an eyelash comb won't fix, and personally I think the end result is completely worth the combing, but for the 'i'm going to miss the bus' days you might want something that doesn't require a good three steps to get right.

Overall, the effects are wonderful, and the price wasn't too bad too (for me it's on the expensive side), but it's definitely a time consuming mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by juliet92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i thought that, when combined with the white basecoat, no matter what, my lashes looked really clumpy. but when i just used the black one, it glided on easily, my lashes looked lengthened and volumised. which was great. i have straight lashes, i use this after i curl my lashes and it keeps the curl quite well during the day. problem is that it smudges easily, its not completely waterproof i get in the water quite a lot in the summer and i just get panda eyes from it and my lashes just get straight again :( so i deducted 2 lippies from this. overall, it's ok, probs not the best. still in search for a better mascara...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I forgot I had purchased this (shows how much I adore it right?) but I felt I needed to review it before others waste $20. This is one of those primer/mascara kinds. I should have learned my lesson after maybelline XXL but apparently not. I figured for the price this would be better quality. The primer barely shows up on me so it really doesnt do much of anything in my opinion. The mascara has rich color and nice consistency, but for the price I would hope it would. It doesnt clump much but the name led me to believe it was a little more dramatic and I have had much better results with drugstore brands. It also smells sorta funny, and I can actually smell it for a little while. If Im spending that much for mascara, Id rather get BadGal or Big Fatty - or better yet maybe ill just save it for a second tube of LipFusion ; )