April 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Deodorants - DERMAdoctor - Ultra Brightening Antiperspirant Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

I've been battling dark underarms for a very long time now and have constantly been looking for ways to lighten them, from lemon juice to papaya soap. I was stoked when I finally got this last summer, based on all the raves.

I have PCOS so I sweat a lot and I have really bad odor sometimes. The first few weeks of this was great but I don't know if it's because I switch to other deodorants time after time but I started feeling my sweat and smelling my odor and it didn't do much wonders for me as I hope it would. I would feel it go away during the middle of the day and my underarms feel so uncomfortable. I honestly don't know what is going wrong but I do kind of regret spending almost 8x the amount I normally pay for my regular deodorant. I find it so hard to dry off, even when I'm standing in front of the fan with my arms raised for 10 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by aelizabethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This deodorant is a tricky one for me...i bought it on a whim at Sephora because i desperately needed a deodorant that actually worked for an entire day at keeping me dry and preventing b.o. in the nasty, humid south Florida weather. I had the L'Occitane deodorant in my hand but the sales lady told me this deodorant works wonders for her, lightening her skin and keeping her "bone dry" so after wincing at the $28 price tag I said what the hell and bought it anyway...I mean who I am to put a price tag on smelling fresh and not reeking by noon everyday? I don't have dark skin under my arms so I cannot comment on that, but after weeks of use I can say that it is very effective at keeping me smelling fresh and preventing b.o, that being said it is not very effective at keeping me dry. It's actually kind of amazing that this deodorant is so effective at preventing b.o. while my underarms and blouse can literally be sopping wet, but not amazing enough to justify the $28 price tag while I am still having perspiration issues; wet spots on your clothing can be just as embarrassing as smelling less than fresh. I am also very sensitive and 90% of deodorants irritate my underarms, causing itching and dryness, sometimes even rashes, none of which was an issue with this deodorant and it does sometimes take a while to dry after application but it does not stain clothes. At the end of the day for $28 the deodorant should be damn near perfect on every level, with a little man fanning my pits if I do ever start to perspire; I cannot say that this deodorant comes through on all of its promises. I will not be repurchasing this deodorant, I will continue my journey for a deodorant that keeps me dry and smelling fresh all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by judyfeserin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this deodorant since 2005 because of my super dark armpits, it does work but it seems that hyperpigmentation comes back as soon as I use another brand(haven't tried long enough). For me I saw results after a year of use, I think it was because my skin is dark. A bottle lasts almost a year and my armpits do look better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by BelleFemme

entirely too expensive for it not to work. I have this, spent about 30ish dollars in NY for it. Firstly, I don't use it everyday because it doesn't provide strong antiperspirant protection. Then it doesnt absorb into your skin it seems to just lies on top of your skin. I will not buy again it was a pure waste of money, 30 damn dollars for deodorant, ummm never again. I don't like that its a roll, I would prefer a stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

On the box, it says it may take 5-6 months before your underarms starts to lighten up. It only took me 2 weeks to notice the difference in my skin pigments. My underarm was so dark and it looked like I never shaved even when I just did. So after reading about this, I used it everyday for 2 weeks and noticed a dramatic change! It doesn't cover the skin....it just absorbs into it and work it's magic to brighten it. I will continue to use it until my underarm is at desired color (clean), and recommend it for anyone with the same problem. It is totally worth the price for what it does. It is a roll-on, which I'm not thrilled about..but it does dry fast and does not stain clothing. What I also like about it is that it's fragrance-free. And it works like a regular deodorant, absorbs the moisture and prevents body odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by NickelEmily

I bought this on a lark when I had a $15 credit at Sephora, so it made the very spendy price a little easier to justify. I can't believe the difference this product makes. I have very sensitive skin, and deorderants/antiperspirants usually give me rashes....I've tried quite a few brands, including the all natural ones but nothing has worked. Until now. This product is FAB! It does not bother my skin, and it really works. I still can't quite believe it, but it really does. Great for sensitive skin. Good anti-perspirant and deorderant protection. Lightens the skin. AND is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I only wish it were not SO expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this deodorant to be very gentle but effective. I will absolutely by this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sailorpikaangel

This is one of my favorite products and it really works!! Before, I was using various antiperspirants that would leave my underarms dark. No matter how hard and frequently I scrubbed it remained dark. I became very self conscious about it and whenever I went out did not want to raise my arms too high. However after using this product for several weeks I noticed a lightening effect and after about 3 months my underarms have dramatically lightened!
According to DERMAdoctor, the main lightening ingredient is: "Kojic Dipalmitate Known, powerful botanical skin brightener. Kojic Dipalmitate is a preferred, more stable alternative to traditional Kojic Acid. Gently balances skin tone and helps improve skin discoloration with continued use."
As other reviewers have noted, it does take a couple of minutes for the product to dry and you should shake well before using. I was hesitant buying it at Sephora for $28, but felt that if it worked it would be such confidence booster, and it did work!
Now that my underarms have lightened, I will be on the lookout for a more natural antiperspirant. I now have the confidence to go out about the town with my arms raised high thanks to this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does its job & it's become a holy grail product for me. I'm trying to ween myself off to start using Tom's of Maine (trying to do the all natural thing) but I'll return to this if the darkening issue resumes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this is pricey at almost $30 what is important is that it truly WORKS! I had some horrible darkening which I found embarrasing - I tried scrubbing to no avail and then learned that many solid type deodorants can cause this darkening as well, so I switched to roll-on which did help some, but the discolorations were there especially under one armpit. I started using this deodorant around September or October of last year and after using one entire roll-on did not see much improvement, however, I decided to purchase another one and within weeks of starting my second roll-on, my discolorations were GONE completely! I have to give this treatment/deodorant high props since as a treatment, it does work if you give it time and it works pretty good as a deodorant as well ......... it is scentless however, it has kept me dry and odor-free and actually works better than my regular favorite deodorant.